shape
carat
color
clarity

My Scapolite is coming home on Saturday! Woooo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
It''s stunning, LTP, I love it! And honestly, that stone makes a statement enough so maybe it''s for the best that it ended up with no miligrain!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2009 5:30:31 PM
Author: AdiS
It''s stunning, LTP, I love it! And honestly, that stone makes a statement enough so maybe it''s for the best that it ended up with no miligrain!
Thank you, Adi! I''m really happy with it!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely photos, gorgeous garden.
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow.. I don''t know how I missed this thread, Lauren! Truly such a fabulous, clean setting for an asscher. (Can you believe I still don''t have any asschers???) Love it
30.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW just WOW. Who is your jeweler and what state are they in? The setting is lovely.
9.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Awesome, stunning ring, Lauren! I
30.gif
it!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Very elegant.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey Lauren,
so pretty - and Big!
36.gif

It looks lovely, can't wait for more shots .
1.gif

Just a question, from the profile - the way the culet is sort of "sitting" inside the bridge - is that a technical
aspect, or design request (or just a trick of the photo..)?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fantastic, Lauren!!
36.gif
Awesome job, and that colour is out of this world!!!
30.gif
30.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
Oh, WOW!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

It''s absolutely stunning. I love it. Also love the fact that you can wear other rings with it. The workmanship of the ring is great.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yummylicious!
30.gif

I adore the profile and the way the culet is cushioned.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like how the cutlet is protected as well. That''s a nice and interesting variation on a bezel mounting.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
STUN. NING.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s just another REMARKABLE piece to add to your REMARKABLE collection LTP!!!! Just Gorgeous! What beautiful clean lines too! Remind me again what camera it is that you use? You always have great pics!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovinggems - thank you!

Icekid - thanks, and NO! You need to get yourself some Asschers pronto! /enabling
9.gif

StoneHunter - my jeweler is JB Jewelers in Plano, TX. I think he''s a better jeweler for my PS experience. He now is quite good at claw prongs, and he''s been through a design process with me - not easy AT ALL! Thank you for the kind words!

Fly Girl, Mr Ma Re - thank you so much!

Arjunajane - thank you! The culet sitting in the shank was actually a function of the height limitation I had. I would have loved to have had the exposed culet like my E-ring, but that would have added another mm or more in height, so I''m glad he went this direction.

DandiAndi - I''m frustrated because the colour isn''t translating well to a photo. It looks to me like a fancy yellow diamond (with a much lower RI), and in person I don''t see any of the brown cast that the photos are showing. Thank you, though!

Mochi - thank you! You should have seen the first iteration of his interpretation of my idea - super thick shank - bulky head. Not my style at all, and I was worried it was going to be a flop. Thankfully, with the help of pics (and my physical e-ring) he got what I was going for. I''ll have to take more comparo shots today with my e-ring.
9.gif

LovingDiamonds, Tourmaline_lover, and Porridge - thanks, ladies!

Cushioncutnut - thank you! I''m actually still using a ~2004 Canon SD400 Elph. The poor thing is so old, and because of my food blog, I''ve recently dropped the lense in some Indian Spiced Yogurt . . . so if you see any pics that look artistically blurred, it''s because there still may be some yogurt residue on the lense!
3.gif
I''m still trying to make the leap to a Nikon D90, but it may not happen for a while because I''ve been researching the heck out of the purchase.
2.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring turned out very pretty! Congrats!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is gorgeous, Lauren!! Va-va-voom!!
30.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Lauren I LOVE this! Your e-ring is one of my favorite so this is just gorgeous to me. I love the little dip the culet is sitting in - it looks like the stone is touching water. So pretty!

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
omg soooooooooo pretty!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Yummy!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/10/2009 12:38:05 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Lovinggems - thank you!

Icekid - thanks, and NO! You need to get yourself some Asschers pronto! /enabling
9.gif

StoneHunter - my jeweler is JB Jewelers in Plano, TX. I think he's a better jeweler for my PS experience. He now is quite good at claw prongs, and he's been through a design process with me - not easy AT ALL! Thank you for the kind words!

Fly Girl, Mr Ma Re - thank you so much!

Arjunajane - thank you! The culet sitting in the shank was actually a function of the height limitation I had. I would have loved to have had the exposed culet like my E-ring, but that would have added another mm or more in height, so I'm glad he went this direction.

DandiAndi - I'm frustrated because the colour isn't translating well to a photo. It looks to me like a fancy yellow diamond (with a much lower RI), and in person I don't see any of the brown cast that the photos are showing. Thank you, though!

Mochi - thank you! You should have seen the first iteration of his interpretation of my idea - super thick shank - bulky head. Not my style at all, and I was worried it was going to be a flop. Thankfully, with the help of pics (and my physical e-ring) he got what I was going for. I'll have to take more comparo shots today with my e-ring.
9.gif

LovingDiamonds, Tourmaline_lover, and Porridge - thanks, ladies!

Cushioncutnut - thank you! I'm actually still using a ~2004 Canon SD400 Elph. The poor thing is so old, and because of my food blog, I've recently dropped the lense in some Indian Spiced Yogurt . . . so if you see any pics that look artistically blurred, it's because there still may be some yogurt residue on the lense!
3.gif
I'm still trying to make the leap to a Nikon D90, but it may not happen for a while because I've been researching the heck out of the purchase.
2.gif

Hahaha... I would have never known looking at those images! That is quite a leap going from a point and shoot to a DSLR. I have been doing alot of research on cameras lately as I want to replace my Fuji Finepix point and shoot (E500) I would love to have a DSLR....but I worry that I may get a little too impatient when trying to take pics of my jewelry. LOL! Have you checked in to a Panasonic Lumix DSLR......? They have been known to be a little hidden secret in the camera/photography business as they rank highly next to the higher end cameras. I have tested a few point and shoot Nikons compared to the Panasonic Brand and hands down I could'nt believe how impressed I was with the Panasonic. check out dpreview.com Great website to refer to when buying a camera. ........o.k... sorry to threadjack......... off to drool at your ring(s)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s really cool how the culet is sitting / cupped in the bottom of the ring. In fact, the colour of the stone seems to have improved in the setting.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous Lauren. I love the setting and the color of your stone.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is an awesome ring...could fool me as a yellow diamond! And the profile is definitely swoonworthy!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
OMG it is stunning!!!!!!! LOVE the setting and the stone, just fabulous!! Your jeweler did a great job
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

DianaBanana

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/9/2009 5:16:06 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
A little peek . . .

original.aspx
This picture made my heart skip a beat....literally!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It''s beautiful!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, seems like Texas has alot of good jewelers. Not my state tho.
38.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Cinnamon13, Gwen, MonkeyPie, Threepwood, Chrono, Linda, TravelingGal, Poshpepper, and DianaBanana!
35.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
Holy moly mother of bling! How the heck did I miss this!?!?! It''s gorgeous Lauren! It just GLOWS!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Not to mention the fact that it''s GINORMOUS!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
What a stunning ring! It is just beautiful, the setting is perfect for showing off that stone - love it!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much Geckodani and Babysteps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results