shape
carat
color
clarity

My Sapphire Band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2007 10:56:28 PM
Author: decodelighted
Stingy with the pix much, Sum?? P-scope don''t play that way!!! Get a-snappin!
Hehe!

Yes, more pictures, please! I really like the sapphire wedding band. Deep blue sapphires are my favorite next to diamonds, and when you put them together? My idea of perfection!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Ok, more!

sumbandfave.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
side view

sumbandboth3.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
side of band

sumbandside2.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
another side view

sumbbandside1.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I like how even if I wear it alone, it still looks substantial.

sumbbandfing2.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
together

sumbboth4.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
more

sumboth5.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
here you go!

sumbothfront3.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
last one!

Is that better, Deco?
10.gif

sumbothside3.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea!!! How exciting!!!! We need a whole hand shot -- is that coming??? Such a deep blue - I love it!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
ask and you shall receive! Well, almost... I do actually HAVE a thumb!

sumwholehand.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
one more!

sumwholehand2.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
PERFECTO!!! Very cool! I love the difference in heights of the e-ring & the w-band ... my "set" is the same way & it keeps the e-ring kinda centerstage.

Love the side profile of your e-ring too!! Great new pix! THANKS!

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sumbride - I love it! I think the sapphires really complement your diamond - it is stunning!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
How beautiful that is! Wear it in good health!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much! I just love how deep the blue is! When she gave us the ring I knew they matched my ring, but I really didn''t know how good they were. Oonce they were out of that old gold setting, they even excited the jeweler! They just look so deep in the white gold! My only worry is once she sees how pretty it is she''s going to want them back. TOO LATE!

We do have 2 extra stones too. There were 3 not used but the third has a little chip in it. The jeweler mentioned the possibility of setting them into the hearts on my infinity pendant, but I''m not sure yet. I''ll have to try it out and take some photos of that.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2007 10:28:33 AM
Author: sumbride
We do have 2 extra stones too.

What about teensy baby studs with white diamond halos??? OR french hook wires with a baby haloed sapphire DANGLING just under your ear lobe.

I''ve been dreaming of that the last couple nights -- how to do "classic studs" with a twist ... and I love the idea of movement ... WOULD BE STUNNING with sapph & teensy diamonds!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
So unique!!! And I LOVE the center stone in your ering too!!! love that antique look.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2007 11:59:46 AM

What about teensy baby studs with white diamond halos??? OR french hook wires with a baby haloed sapphire DANGLING just under your ear lobe.

I''ve been dreaming of that the last couple nights -- how to do ''classic studs'' with a twist ... and I love the idea of movement ... WOULD BE STUNNING with sapph & teensy diamonds!!
HMMM... you got me thinking now...

The stones are oval though, not round... do you think the halo would still work?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2007 12:09:20 PM
Author: neatfreak
So unique!!! And I LOVE the center stone in your ering too!!! love that antique look.
Thank you! I must admit it needs a bath in the ultrasonic, but my oval makes me swoon! I just love it so! Especially when people grab my hand and say "WOW" because it looks so much bigger than it is (1.33 ct) even though it''s plenty big enough!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2007 12:18:54 PM
HMMM... you got me thinking now... The stones are oval though, not round... do you think the halo would still work?
I think oval might even be BETTER with that size sapphire ... if you hung them EAST/WEST for a bigger look that would balance your lobe. The diamonds would have to be the very teensiest available -- but people went crazy around here for Katie Holmes sapphire/dia halo studs ... dangling french wire mini-halos would be FAB!!! (In my head at least)
1.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2007 12:22:56 PM

Date: 5/3/2007 12:18:54 PM

HMMM... you got me thinking now... The stones are oval though, not round... do you think the halo would still work?
I think oval might even be BETTER with that size sapphire ... if you hung them EAST/WEST for a bigger look that would balance your lobe. The diamonds would have to be the very teensiest available -- but people went crazy around here for Katie Holmes sapphire/dia halo studs ... dangling french wire mini-halos would be FAB!!! (In my head at least)
1.gif
That sounds great! With some kind of lock on the wire though... would hate to lose them! I''ll take some pics of the loose stones tonight and maybe Irina can make a mock-up in photoshop for future dreaming...

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for additional pictures! They are soooo gorgeous! I love them!!!
30.gif

elsie

Shiny_Rock
I love that band, sumbride -- so pretty!!!! If you don''t mind me asking, what jeweler did you use? I think I live near you (I''m in a Baltimore suburb), and it would be useful to know if there''s a good place to get stuff made around here!

Thanks! And yes, more pics of sapphires and rings are always welcome!!!
2.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2007 8:38:09 AM
Author: elsie
I love that band, sumbride -- so pretty!!!! If you don''t mind me asking, what jeweler did you use? I think I live near you (I''m in a Baltimore suburb), and it would be useful to know if there''s a good place to get stuff made around here!

Thanks! And yes, more pics of sapphires and rings are always welcome!!!
2.gif
Thanks Elsie! I actually used a jeweler in East Texas! That''s where I''m originally from, and I''ve been going there with my mom my whole life. They''ve done a lot of custom work for my family so it was kind of a given they would do my band. It''s fuinny though... they tell me essentially what they want to do but I still don''t really know what it looks like until it arrives... same with my e-ring! Of course, they''ll redo it if I don''t like it.

I did sit next to the owner of Nelson Coleman jewelers on a plane recently and we had a good chat. He seemed like a really good guy. Haven''t been into the store yet, but I''ve driven by it a lot. It''s in Towson, off York road (I think). I''ve also been to Smyth but only for repairs. Haven''t bought anything there yet either.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
it really works well together! Love sapphires

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Sum! Dang, if only we were close to east Texas... ;-) It''s great that you have a trusted jeweler, and that they have great taste! I would love to have someone like that deciding what jewelry I''m going to wear...
1.gif

I''ll have to check out Nelson Coleman. I haven''t made the rounds at the shops around here at ALL. The only place I''ve really looked at is where we bought DH''s ring -- Craig Coyne in downtown Ellicott City. They have some nice antiquey/deco/vintage stuff as well as modern/mokume jewelry.

Let me know if you find a great place around here -- I tend to get overwhelmed when I walk into these expensive shops and feel like I need to buy something before they''ll show me something!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Sum, your set came out beautifully! You must be SO anxious to wear it!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 11:09:38 AM
Author: aljdewey
Sum, your set came out beautifully! You must be SO anxious to wear it!
Thank you! I''m completely anxious! Now my e-ring looks lonely!
2.gif

5 months to go!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results