shape
carat
color
clarity

My ring purchase from Blue Nile

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gametime

Rough_Rock
I have to say that I've been really pleased with Blue Nile from my few dealings with them. I've bought a bracelet, earrings, and now a e-ring from them and their customer service and quality jewelry has exceeded my expectations. I originally bought a 3.32 carat G/VS2 emerald cut diamond but was not happy when it arrived and I could see flaws with my naked eye. I called them up and they paid for the insurance out of their pocket that it cost to ship it back to them for an exchange. I switched to a 3.05 F/VS1 princess cut and when it arrived I was extremely happy. The ring was set in a basic/plain 4 prong platinum setting that I think really makes the diamond stand out better because of the thin band. The setting was much better than the higher setting they used on the emerald cut. Anyway, the specs were very good cut(according to blue nile's grading), 73% depth, 71% table, 3.05 carats, F clor, VS1, medium to thick girdle, EX polish, VG symmetry, and medium blue floro. I know some people think D-F diamonds should have no floro, but I actually think it makes F diamonds look even whiter and my diamond was not cloudy, hazy, or oily at all. Of course, I would never buy a strong or very strong floro because of that chance but I think medium blue is really good value. My G/VS2 emerald cut also had medium blue floro and that was super white too without any hazy, cloudy, or oily look to it. Just my 2 cents. Anyway, I couldn't be more pleased with the service from blue nile and the F/VS1 princess they sent me. My fiancee loved it and the diamond sparkles like crazy. One thing I did learn was that VS2 is still not always safe on emerald cuts. The flaws stuck out from the top and from the sides. It was still a nice stone, but I expect to see no flaws if it's a VS2.

gametime

Rough_Rock
Carat weight: 3.05

Cut: Very Good

Color: F

Clarity: VS1

Depth %: 73.0%

Table %: 71%

Symmetry: Very good

Polish: Excellent

Girdle: Medium to thick

Culet: None

Fluorescence: Medium blue

Measurements: 8.00x7.90x5.77 mm

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your purchase! Where are the pictures?
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Sounds wonderful! Please do post pictures in the Show Me the Ring forum!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Good for you!
36.gif

Do you have pictures?
3.gif

I have to say that I don''t trust VS2 sight unseen.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
On ECs and asschers, or step cut stones in general, definitely need to make sure a VS2 is eye clean, but for other cuts, I usually assume it better be eye clean!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results