shape
carat
color
clarity

My Replica engagement ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

royalasschergirl

Shiny_Rock
hey guys!! When we got engaged last weekend in St. Thomas I was frustrated b/c i got the ring on Friday night and couldn''t wear it for 2 days b/c we went to the beach, snorkling, boat trips, etc. and Adam would NOT let me wear it! So when we were on a boat, i saw a girl with a ring on and said, "aren''t you scared to death to snorkle with that thing on?!" She said oh god yeah i would be, but this is fake!! So i thought, hmmm -- we are going white water rafting on the grand canyon for 10 days in August, and I was pouty about having to leave it at home!! So i have been looking all over the internet for a copy of my Royal Asscher split shank and FINALLY found something that looks a lot like it!! I have heard of a few people doing this, but wanted to get everyone''s thoughts?! Here is the link to the one I bought, and my pictures are up on this site under "got engaged in st thomas" or something like that!!

http://www.czjewels.com/itemdetails.cfm?itemid=801&CFID=1971098&CFTOKEN=b060798c876943be-F1AF2883-3048-2197-8E233B493C9A3908

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is impressive, and it does look an awful lot like you ring. Would you wear it often? 300$ seems like alot to me if it will just be for one trip.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I NEVER travel with real jewelery. Too much chance it might get lost, etc...I bought a 3 stone emerald cut ring from that site (JD) . The stones look totally real and the setting is nice and heavy. I think it makes sense given your active vacation plans, but white water rafting is brutal. I wouldn''t wear any jewelery doing that.

royalasschergirl

Shiny_Rock
Matatora-- it is more than i thought i would spend but i first thought i''d get Moissanite which would have been about $1200. Still a fraction of the cost of the original ring, but i''d be upset if i lost it!! I went to some cheapy websites where you can get celeb knockoffs and stuff, and those were like $29.99 but i thought i want it to look somewhat real! this website i chose makes the setting in 14k white gold, so i know it''ll feel like and look like a real ring, which is not too bad for $290!! Also, i want it in TIME for the trip in August, but i would wear it any time we went somewhere like the beach (which is often) or to Europe, anytime i felt something may happen to it or i''d be concerned about it getting lost/stolen and leave mine at home.

Wtnlvr--I''m glad i''m not the only one who has a ''copy'' or ''backup''! As for the rafting trip, we are going to be in Vegas for 2 days before and 2 days after rafting, and we are going with my family, who hasn''t seen my ring yet! (they live all over, as close as 2 hours and as far as oregon, i live in NC!) so i will bring it on the trip but probably take your advice and leave it with the other stuff we can''t bring on the rafting trip, like my nice clothes! :)

I''m excited to get it -- I had them change it from what was pictured (a 4 carat) to a 3 carat so it looks more like mine, and more realistic! they did that without a problem and i should get it next week! It''ll be fun to post the real thing vs. the fake thing and see how close they are!!

You ladies have a great day!!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
RoyAsschGrl

great site! tks for posting.

btw who are you using for insurance? I''m still shopping around.

royalasschergirl

Shiny_Rock
hey lovey! we used our homeowner''s insurance, Allstate. We got a seperate rider just specifically for the ring that covers anything -- theft, lost, damaged, etc. Our jeweler sent him the appraisal along with a very specific description of the ring so if ever i had to make a claim it is so specific i think they''d just have to give us the cash.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting this RAG! It''s a great idea and I completely approve. You''ll use it a lot if you''re anything like me and my SO. Beware of shrinkage thought.
2.gif

As far as fake rings go, I have a pre-e-ring Fakey McFakerton for vacations and such - since we travel all the time and I normally wear a diamond RHR.

DSCN2202.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow, i can''t believe you found something so close to your ring! i think i''ll get a fake for vacations too. i''d spend too much time thinking about it, rather than relaxing..

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think fakes are grear if you find nice ones. Fantasia (I do not know if they have a website) has great ones, all sizes and styles, and they are set in real gold so they look good. They are not cheap, they are around 400.00 or so, but they look decent. They are not obvious fakes. Many people where I live take all this on trips, not their real things...too risky and why bother if you can get great fakes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results