shape
carat
color
clarity

My Pity Party

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Wahhhh
emcry.gif
My dh deployed to the middle east on Wednesday for 15 months
emsad.gif
I am so sad. Yeah, I knew what I was getting into when I married an active duty military man, but it''s still so hard! Our 6 months anniversary is next Weds. He''ll be able to come home on R&R for 18 days as some point, but that is little consolation to me right now...

To top it off, my son recently re-enlisted in the Marine Corps and he will be moving away with his wife and my new grandson pretty soon
emcry.gif

I''ve attached a pic of me with my hubby and son taken at my dh''s send off.

IMG_1862A1.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear that you are going to be missing your loved ones for awhile. I will pray for the safety of your loved ones in harms way.

shay

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
nice pic thanks for sharing.I hope it won''t be long before you have them back..

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Boy, you''ve got some good looking men in your life
1.gif

I am sorry that your loved ones are so far from you. Thank you for the sacrifice your family is making and prayers outgoing for their safety.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that stinks! And to have your son and his family move away will be alot of changes at once. I am sure you already know this but just try to make sure you have some support from other friends/family as you go through the next year.

My uncle is also in the military and was deplyed to Iraq about 2 yrs ago, and was gone for a year, leaving his wife and their 4 kids living in a state where they had none of our family around.
Very difficult!
My prayers are with you and your hubby while he is away, keep in touch here!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
My husband''s in the military and he''s gone overseas to Iraq three times. It''s so hard at first, but then I busy myself with work and friends. I took cooking classes,classes at my local community college. I went to visit with friends in various other states that I never get around to see etc. I''m sure you''re son would be thrilled to have you visit and help out with your new grandson.

ImpatientOne, I''m sure it''ll get easier over time
1.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I agree with bizoumom, those are two very handsome men you''re sending off. Tell them thanks for what they are doing and the sacrifice they are making for us. I wish you strength as you await their safe return home!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
What handsome, brave men. You must be so proud of them.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

Not that it''s really comparable, but when my BF and I do long distance (I live overseas about half the year) I find that the busier I am the easier things are.

ALSO, this may be random or something you don''t want, but I work at Build-a-Bear and we have voice recorders that you can buy and put in bears (or just buy on their own). Maybe when he''s on R&R you could get him to build a bear with his voice in it, or even just record something. It''s really nice to be able to hear my BF''s voice when I can''t call him right then.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
My thoughts are with your husband for a safe tour and with him and you for it to pass quickly. And to have your son, daughter in law, and grandchild move away at the same time, thats a lot to deal with.

HUGE hugs to you.

What a wonderful photo. 2 men to be proud of for sure.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Thank You.

I pray daily for our service men...and will now how the faces of yours in my mind when I do.

I would also like you to know how much YOU are appreciated. Your support and love are what make men like yours do what they are called to do with a greater sense of encouragement. A soldier is not One...but a family of strength. May your strength continue to flourish and hold them up until their safe return to you.

With appreciation...DKS

snlee

Ideal_Rock
My thoughts are with you and your handsome and brave husband. I hope he is safely home soon. Thank you for the sacrifice you and your family are making. Lots of hugs to you.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My prayers for the safe return of your husband and all of our people over there.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for you kind words! I actually went through an Iraq deployment back in '03 with my son. His Marine unit was actually the ones who pulled down the statue of Saddam the day Baghdad fell! He was gone for 7 months, which back then seemed like an eternity. Its a totally different ball game with my husband - 15 months is a long time. It was hard enough with my son, but my son is my son. I didn't depend on him for the day to day things like I do my husband. My dh is my best friend, my lover, my everything!

Anyway, thanks again for all the kind words! I will get through this because I have to get through it and stay strong for my family. In the mean time, I will continue to spend a lot fo time looking at all the beautiful trinkets here on PS! I'm eyeing a 5 stone anniversary band which I have told my husband I think I will deserve following this deployment
emwink.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree...two such handsome men!

And I echo the sentiments that the others have said...you have two brave men in your life and I thank you and your family for all that you do. Hugs to you!!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Another lady with drool on her keyboard here. You have a hubba hubba hubby and a VERY fine handsome son. And you must be very proud of their accomplishments and bravery!

I can only imagine what it must be like to be waiting and worrying at home. My thoughts will be with them and with you, and I hope they are returned to you safely and speedily.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
On a lighter note...how do you keep the peace in your house? I mean you can''t have a Ford Man and a Chevy man...You can''t have an OU fan and a Longhorn fan...or a Yankee fan and a Socks fan under the same roof...You just can''t.

How do you keep the Marine from the Army man?

"We get more done before sunrise than...
and -we are the few and the proud"

"Yeah, but we....have plastic toys formed after us because we are the Army Men!!
...and in the army you can be all that you can be"

Oh geeze I bet dinner is a peaceful time for you!! Just trying to add a smile
2.gif
to your day.

DKS

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, DKS! Yes, we have quite the time here with the Army vs Marine Corps rivalry! I was a Marine Mom long before I was an Army wife. I had a US flag along with a Marine Corps flag hanging at my front porch. Shortly after we were married, my dh came home one day and told me how our house was obviously a "Marine house" and how he thought anyone that happened to drive by and see him in uniform would assume he was a Marine, and God forbid should that happen! Shortly thereafter he came home with an Army flag for me to hang out there as well, lol!

When my son re-enlisted, he brought home a "Proud Parent of a US Marine" magnet for my dh to put on his car. DH grumbled, but he finally put it on his car, and then when he went to work all of his soldiers gave him a ration of crap about having anything Marine Corps on his vehicle. It's pretty funny, but they both have a lot of mutual repect for each other and the fact that they willingly serve.

I have several t-shirts and sweat shirts that are USMC related (Proud Parent etc). Well, my dh made a comment under his breath one day so I had to go out and by a bunch of Army garb to prove I am just as proud of him, lol! My car now has both an Army sticker and a USMC sticker in the rear window. At one point I told them I was going to get a customized t-shirt for my military related functions that says, "Proud Army Wife, Proud Marine Mom" and I was going to have the associated symbol on the shirt as well but both of my guys about had a fit! There was no way they were going to let me have both on the same shirt!!!

I will never admit it to my hubby, but I have a soft spot for Marines and IMHO, there is no one more handsome than a Marine in his Dress Blues
emwink.gif
There is something to be said for the extended Marine Corps family that just doesn't exists (at least from what I have seen) in the Army. Their pride in service is unmatched as well!

Anyway, thanks for the laugh this afternoon - I needed it!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Glad to have been of help! Making you laugh or giggle or think of great things has been the highlight of my day! Kiss Kiss!!

Git an inventio for you ...as I am sure you know other women with fathers and relatives in the same boat...or ship...or tank...or carrier...Have you considered a shirt with Proud _________ of a _________. And then use a strip of fabric that attaches with Velcro? So you can RIP it off before entering the other event and replace it with the correct insertion?

I think it would be a hoot. Just remember not to confuse the mother/wife thing. That would be bad. But I think all the families would get a kick out of you creativity. If a neighbor should move in that is air force..well you have the shirt to swing it...just need to get more strips!!

You can make the lettering like a ransom note. You know all different. No, I guess it would need to be right...in a straight line...and at attention.

I hope you will share with us updates and stories I am sure you will hear from your fellas. I agree...those marine blues...are tops!

DKS

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/23/2007 1:01:06 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
Thank You.

I pray daily for our service men...and will now how the faces of yours in my mind when I do.

I would also like you to know how much YOU are appreciated. Your support and love are what make men like yours do what they are called to do with a greater sense of encouragement. A soldier is not One...but a family of strength. May your strength continue to flourish and hold them up until their safe return to you.

With appreciation...DKS
Ditto DKS'' expression of thanks to you and your family and what they''re doing for our country.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2007 1:21:55 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
My prayers for the safe return of your husband and all of our people over there.
Ditto. You have a good looking family!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your kinds words :)

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi there,

God bless you DH and DS on their travels. Many thanks to you and your family for serving our country. I hope the next 15 months go by quickly for you. In the meantime, know we''re all here for you! We''ll keep you company while your men are gone.
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know how hard it is and how it feels - keep busy and think of it in small pieces as the whole time seems far more manageable then - I know that 15 months is a long time, but the time does move on quite well once you get going.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I cannot imagine what it is like to have both your DH and DS in the military... all I can say is that I am VERY grateful for what they do for our country and I wish you and your family the best and that your DH returns safely.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
My thoughts and prayers are with you ImpatientOne. I have two brothers-in-law who are career army soldiers. Both have already been to Iraq and back twice, leaving behind their wives, children and extended families.

Thank for you sharing the photo... those are two handsome men you have there. :)

While they are out there protecting us... we will be here to support you.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2007 9:56:12 PM
Author: BizouMom
Boy, you''ve got some good looking men in your life
1.gif
I was thinking the same thing!

I think that people like you who have loved ones deployed in the military are the ultimate in terms of courageousness and strength - it is hard to have loved ones far away, and in potentially dangerous situations.

All our love and prayers to them, and to you.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Your hubby and your son are very good looking!
1.gif
I will pray for your hubby''s safe return.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all! I appreciate your support and kind words
emsmile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results