shape
carat
color
clarity

My Pink Tourmaline Ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2009 5:14:57 PM
Author: megeve
@NEU, kas baby, kribbie, Stone Hunter

Thank you so much for your lovely comments!!

Isn''t it amazing for a tester stone to turn out exactly what you want! When I received the stone, I was not really happy with the color, it doesn''t hold the color in all lights and I was seriously considering to send it back. That being said, at certain lights I do see the pink which I like. So, I decided to chance it. Am I glad now! This setting was perfect to close the slight tilt window in it and the white metal brightens up the color.
It’s not easy to find a pink tourmaline that holds its colour under all light conditions. If it does, those are usually more expensive.

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
I love that color pink, and I really like the east-west setting.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
its gorgeous! comgrats on a great ring and fantastic design just perfect

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Nicely done!!! Setting suits the stone, perfectly.

cheers--Sharon

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
@TL, Pink Tower, Fly Girl
35.gif

Thank you, you are too kind!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is phenomenal megeve!!
30.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 7:54:17 PM
Author: packrat
Oho! Another handshot violater! It''s just not nice to not post handshots of your beautiful ring! What size is the stone-did I miss that part? I really like the e/w setting!
1237389l5e9y2e4mo.gif
sorry, packrat! I am in the camp of Chrono, I hate looking at my dry, wrinkle hands. But will probably try this weekend, before that I will treat myself to a manicure!!!
26.gif

Till then, here is the dimension of the stone:

5.27cts octagon 12.40 x 7.60 x 6.30

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 8:50:55 PM
Author: icekid
What a striking ring, megeve! And a gorgeous, huge pink tourmaline. I agree though, hand shots!!
36.gif
Thanks, icekid!

I have looked at your spinel, gorgeous pink!!
30.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 10:48:57 PM
Author: BlueSea
Oh, I love that setting. It''s so perfect with your stone, Megeve.
Megeve, do you mind sharing the place where you got the setting? Or anyone who had seen this setting somewhere else? I''ve been looking for this setting for a long time but couldn''t find it anywhere. Thanks much in advance.
BlueSea,

I got mine done with a bench jeweler local to me.

This was my inspiration pic..........

hotz.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/27/2009 11:59:24 PM
Author: Gailey
Megeve

What a gorgeous ring, and I agree with what has already been said - perfect setting for the stone. Lots of questions, did you choose the setting or did your jeweller suggest it? What inspired you? Please post a handshot so we can see the ring in context. And of course, who created this masterpiece?

As far as judging photographs, it''s just a minefield out there. I honestly think that the only way to be confident that the vendor''s picture is acurate, or at least in the ''ball park'' is to develop a relationship with a vendor. Vendors Pics thread which is stickied at the top of Coloured Stones is also an excellent resource and I urge you to create a collage of your photos with the Vendor shot and post it with your opinion so that others may also judge.

Twice now I have received a stone that bore little resemblance to the vendor photo. In one case I was pleasantly surprised because although the stone bore virtually no resemblence to the vendor pic, it was still pleasing to me. The other case - well let''s just say I should have sent the stone back.

Congratulations again Megeve - a truly gorgeous creation.
Gailey, thanks so much! Glad you like it!

It was done by a bench jeweler here in Geneva. He did quite a bit of small bench jobs for me in the past and when I asked him, he said yes!

Since 2003, I saw and saved a pic (shown above) of this setting which I fall in love with but have not found any gems suitable for that setting till now. Am glad that I went ahead with it. The jeweler said he will tweaked it abit as the stone is too big for the tension setting. He put in 2 side bars and 4 prongs to hold the stone.

Have already posted in the vendors thread! Thanks for pointing the thread to me!

My huge pearl is back from the jeweler, another jeweler, the class of LM! Will post in the next few days! Going to see my oleander tomorrow!
36.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 12:13:58 AM
Author: Gailey
Oh, another question - what are the dimensions of your stone Megeve?
12.40 x 7.60 x 6.30
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Megeve, oh WOW! What a stunning tourmaline and I adore the design of the ring! I can''t wait to see hand pics of it! I''m sure it''s quite the show-stopper!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 8:17:36 AM
Author: Chrono

It’s not easy to find a pink tourmaline that holds its colour under all light conditions. If it does, those are usually more expensive.
Now in the setting, in bright daylight, the color of vendor and in incandescent, just a slight bit darker!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 1:03:52 AM
Author: Gypsy
I adore that setting style. The Queen indeed. It looks lovely with your stone and I''m so glad you are happy with it now that it''s been set.
Gypsy, just coming from you, is the biggest compliment for me!! Thank you!
1.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
@marcyc, QB29, D&T, canuk-gal, brandy
35.gif

Thanks so much for your kind words!

I am glad you like it!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 4:22:32 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Megeve, oh WOW! What a stunning tourmaline and I adore the design of the ring! I can''t wait to see hand pics of it! I''m sure it''s quite the show-stopper!
Oh, thank you, Lauren!

I will try this weekend! But first, I need a manicure badly!
27.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely gorgeous!!
30.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 6:14:24 PM
Author: mochi
It''s absolutely gorgeous!!
30.gif
mochi,

Thank you for the lovely comment!

I am just glad that it turned out to be a nice ring! It could be a miss as this is my first try with this bench jeweler!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
That is one of my favourite settings! I hope you don''t mind me saving your pictures
27.gif

Beautiful ring.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
PS do you have any hand shots for us??

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 6:34:56 AM
Author: Porridge
That is one of my favourite settings! I hope you don't mind me saving your pictures
27.gif

Beautiful ring.
Nooo, not at all! I feel honored, thank you!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 6:56:37 AM
Author: Porridge
PS do you have any hand shots for us??
I am on vacation right now and to my regret, I have forgotton to bring this ring along! Will be back mid Aug and I will try to get some hand shots.
31.gif

trishy

Shiny_Rock
*bump* gorgeous !!! dont forget handshots please

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Megeve, that setting is divine. I love it!
30.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, managed to take some pics. This one is a bit dark.....

roseturmalin 012.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
another...

roseturmalin 003.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
profile view.......

roseturmalin 006.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, WOW!!!!! That looks stunning on your hand! Love the colour of the stone, and the setting is just divinely modern and right up my alley!
30.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful ring! The setting is modern and the colour of the gemstone is stunning on it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness gracious...it''s huge and what finger coverage! Great stone and ring, Mageve.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results