shape
carat
color
clarity

My pink sapphire from Multicolour arrived!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my first loose stone purchase so how does she look? I tried to get pictures in various lighting, was so afraid of dropping it, like a first time parent lol!

Now I'm a newbie but the haziness that they said was present either doesn't bother me or gives it a neat glow. What do you guys think?
IMG_2357.JPG

IMG_2358.JPG

IMG_2350.JPG

IMG_2355.JPG

IMG_2353.JPG

IMG_2356.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more pictures

IMG_2343.JPG

IMG_2344.JPG

IMG_2345.JPG

IMG_2348.JPG

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the color.:love: What size is it?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
.81 carats 5.20 x 5.20.

Any suggestions on how to set it Elle? I was thinking of finding an antique solitaire setting.

Maybe something like this although I'm open to suggestions.

IMG_2362.PNG

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Defo a keeper (If it was me hehe).

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The haziness you describe we usually refer to as "sleepy" which is caused by micro-inclusions in the stone. Some people love it because as you mentioned it can make a stone glow in sunlight, and some do not like it because they prefer their gemstone to look "crisp". Since you are new to the hobby you have learned something about your preferences. :)

It's a pretty sapphire and made better because they can be harder to find in round shapes. What are your thoughts?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see the haze, which isn't overpowering and helps give it that slight velvety look, which can amp up the colour. I like it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lisa, you are always very informative and I appreciate that since I'm learning.

I love this little stone, I'm definitely keeping her I just am not sure how to set it to really set it off. Any suggestions?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My suggestion is white gold with or without diamonds. The possibilities are endless.

I am glad you are keeping the sapphire and can't wait to see how you set it. :clap:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really pretty

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good color, a little sleepy. Does change quite a bit (I like this some people wouldn't) looks like its got a very nice personality! Make sure that however you set it, that the ring has the correct depth. That can be the issue with colored stones. Would work very well in white gold if thats the plan. I think it would be fine in yellow as well, but white would make it pop more.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I vote for white gold too, to highlight the pink in the stone. Yellow might accentuate the sleepiness more.

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
I'm new round these parts and have posted a bit here and there mostly lurking. StephanieLynn your stone is so pretty :love:. She looks gorgeous in outside light. I really like the cut and also my vote goes to the white gold.
For the sake of us newbies can someone point out in one of the photos where the haziness happens? I've learned so much from this forum and now I'm obsessed with colored stones. Obsessed!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's really pretty! I like the way it changes in different light. A solitaire setting sounds nice! JuliaB on Etsy has some pretty vintage style designs. She does halos too if you like those. I am also a fan of rose gold, though white gold might look better if you're going to wear it with your diamond band. Enjoy the sparkles!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely color, I don't mind the sleepiness at all. All of us have faces, so few are flawlessly beautiful but so many - uniquely attractive, stones, too, have their unique "faces", for many of us to love. It positively glows, congratulations on the purchase!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I reached out to Julia B. on Etsy to see about possibly setting it in her Magnolia or Crocus mounts, I really like her jewelry although I am a bit apprehensive about sending this through the mail again! I think I just want a very simple although well constructed setting in white gold, so the stone will be the star.

We also have a small, family owned jewelry store downtown and they have been really nice and helpful in the past but I am concerned they will be expensive being B&M but maybe I will go in and talk to them as well. Benefit to that is I wouldn't have to worry about it getting lost in the mail at least.

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ahh so exciting, such a pretty color! I agree about a simple white gold setting, you never know, your local jewelry maybe a great option.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting! I just love the color.

roxta

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to hijack this thread but I didn't think I should start a new thread just to ask a question: Does anyone have an email contact at Multicolour that I could get in touch with?

I sent emails to the "info" and "support" email addresses a week ago and haven't received a response. Jut want to clarify their returns policy before I place an online order. However, if no one is answering emails, it's probably a bad idea to purchase from them...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results