shape
carat
color
clarity

My Pink and Red Stones, Including the Mahenge!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I know some of you have been waiting for pictures of Gene''s new Mahenge spinels. This one was a bargain stone because of an inclusion. I snapped it up pretty quick. The color is amazing! Let''s begin with the vendor photo from PrecisionGem. Spinel - 0.94 ct Mahenge Morogoro Tanzania.

PrecisionGem899a.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here is one of my shots. I love this color!!!!

Mahenge7407.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Sitting on my desk. There is low level daylight from a nearby window.

Mahenge7365.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Next to a $10 pink spinel I picked up from eBay a while back. Can you see the difference in color compared to the Mahenge!? Safe to say the little pink will never be set.

PinkSpinels7389.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My unset reds and pinks on a window sill. I've shown most of these before, but anyone care to guess what the various stones are?

Mahenge7383.JPG

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

That color!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
A hand shot with the mahenge next to my star rose quartz ring.

Mahenge7345.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
A low light shot trying to give you some idea of how this thing glows. The Mahenge between a cheap pink spinel and a Richard Homer concave cut ruby.

RubySpinel7412.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
A still life on my dresser, drying off after a bath. This thing glows, I tell you!

StillMah7342.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for looking, and bye for now!
35.gif

Mahenge7401.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice colour on the Mahenge. It clearly surpasses the rest of your collection and even gives the RH ruby a run for its colour. Is the inclusion able to be hidden by a prong?

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
the color is tops, flygirl..you can see how it really stands out..very very nice

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Do you have plans for it yet or are you just going to enjoy it unset?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks kribbie, Chrono, amguy and Kismet. I''m hoping that the inclusion is prongable, but it really doesn''t bother me that much. What you really notice is the color of this thing.

I don''t have immediate plans for the Mahenge. It was one of those impulse purchases due to Gene''s great price, but a stone like this will be set sooner, rather than later.

H

hlpkaixin3344

Love the color of your mahenge and the rubies
30.gif
Good job swooping the mahenge up! What are the two cabs in your gems line-up photo? The red one looks really nice.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 5:00:16 PM
Anonymous Wrote:
30.gif
Good job swooping the mahenge up! What are the two cabs in your gems line-up photo? The red one looks really nice.
That post was from me -- not sure how I showed up as anonymous...

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo..what a pink!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is the most perfect pink color to me! Just so luscious!!!
30.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
man gorgeous stone, love your collections FG!
36.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What a pretty stone! I can see why you snapped it up.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 3:50:44 PM
Author: Fly Girl

This thing glows, I tell you!
I have to say this is super accurate. I was fortunate enough to get one of the other mahenges on the blog, and the most notable thing to me is how it gets even brighter in low light! I spent a good hour or so trying in vain to capture the effect with the camera, but it just defies being photographed.

Enjoy the new stone!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
LOVE it...such a beautiful color. That stone deserves to be set for sure.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful FG, I LOVE the color.
18.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone and great color.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2009 5:09:05 PM
Author: tsavvy

Date: 8/26/2009 5:00:16 PM
Anonymous Wrote:
30.gif
That post was from me -- not sure how I showed up as anonymous...
Thank you, tsavvy. Here is another window shot of my unset pinks and reds.

Beginning with the back row-Barry Bridgestock Umbalite garnet (it is a stunning stone, but not in this light), 4.66 ct BB rhodolite garnet cabochon, and 5.35 ct pink tourmaline cab from ArtCutGems.

Front row-the Mahenge spinel, cheap pink spinel, a pair of Richard Homer rubies, 4 mm Royal Rhodolite garnet from Artcutgems, 0.55 ct ant hill pyrope garnet cut by Gene at Precision Gem.

PinkSet7382.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you MakingTheGrade, cushioncutnut, SDL, D&T, Cindy, Alj, LtlFirecracker, Linda and marcyc.

Date: 8/26/2009 10:32:20 PM
Author: Allison D.

Date: 8/26/2009 3:50:44 PM

This thing glows, I tell you!
I have to say this is super accurate. I was fortunate enough to get one of the other mahenges on the blog, and the most notable thing to me is how it gets even brighter in low light! I spent a good hour or so trying in vain to capture the effect with the camera, but it just defies being photographed.

Enjoy the new stone!
Allison, I have been enjoying the shots of your Mahenge. Incredibly beautiful stone, and I look forward to how you have it set. Here is a sun shot of my stone, blazing away. The shot is a bit fuzzy (I got out the tripod after this), so you can''t make out the facets, but there is no mistaking the stunning color.

SunnyMahenge7350.JPG

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 11:02:33 AM

Here is a sun shot of my stone, blazing away. The shot is a bit fuzzy (I got out the tripod after this), so you can''t make out the facets, but there is no mistaking the stunning color.
That''s exactly the same trouble I''m having, FG - LOL. The stone is just so flashy that the camera can''t focus, so all I end up with is hot CRAAAAAAAAAAZY color!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl, you and Allison are killing me with all your crazy color!! I''m supposedly on the spinel list, but I haven''t heard from Gene in ages....

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stones Fly Girl!! Thank you so much for showing us. I have to admit though, my very favorite is the mahenge. Oh my what color!!!! Yummm!!!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 2:42:02 PM
Author: cellentani
Fly Girl, you and Allison are killing me with all your crazy color!! I''m supposedly on the spinel list, but I haven''t heard from Gene in ages....
cellentani - I''m sure yours will be just as wonderful, and probably bigger than mine. If I were Gene, I would take my time cutting these to draw out the pleasure. It has to be wonderful to work with such fine material.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results