shape
carat
color
clarity

My Peacock Blue Dyed Shoes :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock

Ok Ladies,

I just got my shoes back from the bridal shop from being dyed and I LURVE them!!!!

30.gif
My mom is concerned they are too dark? Any thoughts? My Dress is a lacy ivory with champagne accents. I don’t think you will really SEE the shoes unless intended by me, or a peek of the tip everyone once and a while when I walk.

Should I be concerned like my mom is that they are too dark and are going to look black? Again, the color is exactly what I wanted, that shimmery teal/blue, but the color being to dark never occurred to me.
20.gif

Oh and BTW wedding is outside in the afternoon.
Thanks!

weddingshoepeacockbluePS.JPG

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I think they are just FANTASTIC! I don''t think they look too dark. But then, my shoes were red satin with black trim so who am I to comment? I wanted to go against tradition!

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

i love the shimmery glow!!! imo, it doesn''t look dark... plus i think it would look GREAT in the photos!!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous color!!
30.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think they''re too dark at all!!! They''re GORGEOUS!!!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
LUUUUURRRRRRVVVVVEEEEEE THEM
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Nope...not too dark at all! They are beautiful!!! Love the color!!

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!! I love them, and I don''t think they''ll look too dark because they''re shimmery. I think they will look beautiful with your dress! :)

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i think they are a beautiful color!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
That''s a GORGEOUS color!! I don''t think it''d look dark at all!! You ROCK ''em, Girl!!

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock
Wow everyone, thanks for the kind words!! You really know how to make a girl feel good about her shoes
16.gif

I was kinda limited in the style I could get in relation to height of the shoe (I usually go for the 3+ tall stripper shoes :) but my dress fit off the rack, and there was no way I was paying to change the hem line to wear a taller shoe. So I figured if the shoe was kinda short and boring I would goBOLD for the color!!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
I think the color is gorgeous!! When you said you thought they might be too dark, I was thinking they would be practically navy or something. They are not too dark at ALL!!

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE them.

Count me in for the family having reservations about the color of my blue shoes. I wanted blue, like that color. evyerone else was picturing baby blue or powder blue. You can imagine the ''oh, that''s...creative'' I got.

But now looking back at my wedding pictures. I am SO happy with my decision.

You can sorta see the color here.

As a tip, a lifesaver for me were flesh-colored sticky pads that protect the balls of your feet/toes. When I wore the shoes around to break them in, I would end up with slightly smurfy toes. That pad served as a barrier between my shoe color and my toes, especially good because it rained! Didn''t want blue feet for the honeymoon!

shoescammy!.JPG

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock

Thanks everyone for weighing in!

Cammy: Can you tell me more about the pads you are talking about? I wear heels EVERYDAY for work, so I am not worried about being able to walk and they are pretty comfy, but all shoes have a "bite" until the are broken in... Now you have me worried I am going to have Smurf feet for the Honeymoon!!

23.gif

I think my mom asking if they were too dark is just a continuation of her not really seeing my vision/being on board for my blue shoes, lol. I know my FI family would have freaked out they are very traditional.

I dont care, I love them, and I hope they translate as well in pictures!!

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
My MOH actually purchased them, and there were enough for all the bridesmaids. She was the best. It was just something simple as this -ball of foot protection, or toe beds. I tried something like this later (not on wedding day) and found without the stickies, they just didn''t stay in place as easily.

Another option.

As for the color, I know I would have been so upset looking at the pictures if I had caved on the color. I absolutely adore the pictures where my shoes show, and even the older, more traditional guests really loved the look and the ''pop of color'' once they saw the whole outfit together. Wear them proudly!

No way! They''re gorgeous and drool worthy.. I love the color!
31.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perfect!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I think they look gorgeous! The color is to die for!!!
30.gif

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i love them & think the color is perfect! YAY for cute shoes!!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous color! Not too dark at all. It''s going to all look fabulous together!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE them!!!!!!!!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely freakin gorgeous!!!! I love them!!
18.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooh - I love them! I am dying my shoes peacock blue as well and my BMs are wearing the same color. I would never think they looked either black or too dark. they are so pretty....
30.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
awesome shoes, gorgeous colour!

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
Those are gorgeous!! I love the color. No way could they be too dark, they''re perfect!!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a great colour and not too dark at all.

TBjumper

Shiny_Rock
Wow everyone! Thank you so much for your comments
9.gif

Cammy:
35.gif
thx so much for the info...I will be looking into those!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
the color is perfect! i love them!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results