shape
carat
color
clarity

My Northern Michigan Winter Proposal Idea

wolverine_man

Rough_Rock
After much thinking and reading on this forum, I finally decided on a proposal idea. I went with the idea that if I did a close-by weekend getaway, we could always return to the same place in the future for anniversaries, etc. Accordingly, I booked two nights in a suite at Stafford's Bay View Inn bed and breakfast in Petoskey, Michigan. I booked the Winter Weekend Keepsake package, which includes a horse-drawn sleigh ride. I also made a reservation at a local, nice restaurant on the bay. I will be proposing to her at dinner. We've never stayed at a bed and breakfast, preferring to usually stay at modern and trendier hotels, so this will be a nice change of pace. She has no idea where we are going. I am going to pick her up early from work this coming Friday, and we will drive north. We live in Grand Rapids, Michigan so the drive is not too far. We will also be skiing on Saturday. Here is the hotel website:

http://www.staffords.com/bayview

and the ring, which I just got from GOG (iphone pic):
ring_7.jpg

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds beautiful and the ring is gorgeous!
Good luck and I hope we'll see you back here with a story and hand pics!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck wolverine man! (and if I've read the clues correctly, Go Blue!)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds so romantic, Wolverine Man!! Good luck - love the idea of it becoming an annual celebration - nice touch!! :appl:

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The hotel is beautiful and your proposal sounds amazing! :appl: :love:

I love to see someone from GR getting a ring from GOG! Everyone from the area I know went to Jared or the mall-so it's really nice to see someone find something online and order it in :)

I grew up in Hudsonville/Grandville and I love the area. Congratulations on your upcoming engagement! The ring is stunning! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results