shape
carat
color
clarity

My new stones from Dana

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Here are my new stones from Dana, my first (but won''t be my last!) order from him.

First, the Tanzanian color-shift garnet. It''s sleeting today; this shot was taken in the brightest daylight available right now. Fuchsia flashes.

shiftgarnetgl3.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
It usually is darker than that, more like this, with a very dark purple body with neon-bright flashes:

shiftgarnetgl1.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
This balance of dark and bright is typical of the stone:

shiftgarnetgl4.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
This shot is a little blurry, but it gives a good idea of how the color shifts. Here I was standing by the window with the incandescent light on overhead. The purple flashes are from daylight; the red flashes are from the lightbulb. Cool effect, no?

shiftgarnetgl7.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
My new-customer gift from Dana, a Nigerian spess. It''s a lovely red-orange, on the dark side. DH loves it. I think I will set it as a pendant and give it to our niece for her birthday--garnet is her birthstone and she has DH''s dark coloring and beautiful dark reddish-brown eyes. I think it will suit her.

giftpeargl1.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
The gift pear in a redder mood.

giftpeargl2.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Loliondo spess pair, shown with my new Loliondo. Wow, these stones do NOT photograph well. They''re MUCH prettier in person. I may make the pair into earrings to wear with the cushion.

spesstriogl1.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
The teeny, tiny tsavorite pair. Again, much prettier than this picture. Someday they''ll be side stones in a ring, probably.

tsavpairgl1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love the picture where you are able to catch both shift colours in the garnet. That spess has that amazing burning colour too. I wish you are able to take good pictures of the spess because I really want to "see" it. Oh well...I understand these Loliondos are camera shy though.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Cool color-shift garnet. Great shot showing both colors at once.

So nice to see your stones. Love that pretty spess pear.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, veeery nice. Love the color shift on the garnet, very cool, and interesting to see both warm and cooler color in the same stone (at least to my eyes). I would never have thought that possible. Love the Loliandos as well, I''m on the hunt for some too.

Laura

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lucky you they all look gorgeous (especially the garnet). What are your plans?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glitterata,
Wow, you''ve been a busy shopper!! I''m so looking forward to the fabulous jewelry pieces you''ll be making out of those. How nice to get a free spessartite, the color change garnet is cool.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color change Garnet is very very cool looking. I bet it''d be even cooler to wear it!! When the weather gets better see if it looks different outside in shade than outside in sun. I bet it does.
21.gif

The pear Spess is great I like the color.

The smaller Spess are a good match for your new cushion. I''d go with earring charms!

The small Tsavs are really cool. I don''t remember seeing them on the site. Good purchase.

Congrats and TFS!!
36.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty stones. I like the color change garnet the best and the tsavorites are yummy too.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the kind words! Yes, I MUST stop buying stones.

The only one that's getting set any time soon is the gift spess, the red one, which I think will be a pendant for my niece's January birthday.

Before the color shifter got here I thought I would have Julia bezel it, but it clearly needs prongs--a bezel would cut off way too much light, and it's dark already. I envision it in a platinum ring set NS with diamond trillions or pears as side stones. But that would cost way more than I'd like to spend, so I'll probably keep it loose for a while and consider other options. Maybe I'll find a great empty vintage setting on ebay, like I did with my tsav and my .73 ct Infinity J I1. In fact, I just won a neat empty platinum deco/retro setting, but it's not big enough for that garnet.

The light spesses are crying out for high-carat gold settings. Earrings to match the cushion, I think, with the cushion in a ring. Earring charms are a great idea. But I'm going to wait for gold to go down in price, which might be a few years. Tradergirl, tell me--how long will I have to wait?

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome pictures Glitterata! Nice stones too, I love how the loliondo spess go with your cushion
1.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous colours, I'm getting some goodies from Dana as well and I can't wait to view them in real life.
I'm looking forward to see how you set your gems.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
BEAUTIFUL Color shift, I always love color changer!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stones, I especially like the oval garnet and a pear spess!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty stones.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2009 3:17:42 PM
Author: glitterata
This shot is a little blurry, but it gives a good idea of how the color shifts. Here I was standing by the window with the incandescent light on overhead. The purple flashes are from daylight; the red flashes are from the lightbulb. Cool effect, no?
That picture and effect is VERY cool! Nice stones!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results