shape
carat
color
clarity

My new spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And it's not a Mahenge pink but a Burma red. It's 2.1ct and cut by Richer Homer. My pictures make it seems slightly pink or brown depending on the lighting but it's not at all... it's pure red. I received it at work yesterday so I know it looks great under fluorescent lighting too (no pictures of that though.)

First up indoors with flash in a gem box. It's rainy here and no sunshine predicted until Tuesday.

kiz-rhspinel1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Same lighting conditions but on the back of my hand instead.

kiz-rhspinel2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Outdoors in the rain (I realize now of course that I was standing outside in my teddy bear jammies with cars going by as I took these pictures *whistles*). From a distance, to show the size.

kiz-rhspinel3.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Outdoors again but up close. The outdoor pictures capture the color the best.

kiz-rhspinel4.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And one more outdoor picture.

kiz-rhspinel6.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And under bathroom lighting.

kiz-rhspinel5.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2010 9:11:39 AM
Author: Kismet
Outdoors in the rain (I realize now of course that I was standing outside in my teddy bear jammies with cars going by as I took these pictures *whistles*). From a distance, to show the size.

Hee hee hee! Funny image.
It''s super pretty! I love Richard Homer''s stuff.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Goodness! That woke me up better than my morning tea!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
such a luscious colour! (that word always makes me feel slightly dirty..
31.gif
but it suits this stone so well) it''s the perfect ripe raspberry colour
36.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very yummy
18.gif
you''re probably ok being seen in your pjs...unless it was the neighbors that saw you
2.gif

-A

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Holy mother of God
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
That is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!! What a color
36.gif

Any plans to set it? Even if you don''t it''s absolutely stunning, but just wondering.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
God, Kismet, did you come into ineritance from Warren Buffet? GORGEOUS stone! You always choose such amazing settings - I''d love to see the ring (I know you''ll set it into a ring!).

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Amazing colour & cut! It''s so beautiful!

hey joe

Rough_Rock
That looks great!!!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
you said it wasn''t a mahenge like it was a bad thing...what?! *said really loud and obnoxiously*
33.gif
That color is gorgeous!! I love that stone kismet!
30.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubbada!! Kismet that stone is AMAZING! So so so jealous over here. You should post an updated photoshoot of everything in you collection one of these days. I''ve lost track of all the amazing pieces you have!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know what it is about red coloured stones that make me think I want to eat them. I am probably totally weird and should be ignored.
9.gif

Its a beautiful stone!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my lord! I love it! Prettier than most rubies!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely spinel.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2010 4:38:38 PM
Author: brandy_z28
you said it wasn''t a mahenge like it was a bad thing...what?! *said really loud and obnoxiously*
33.gif
That color is gorgeous!! I love that stone kismet!
30.gif

Heh, it''s not a bad thing that it''s not a mahenge, just that quite a few of the recent spinel purchases around here have been mahenges. I''m quite pleased with the red color, especially outside.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2010 12:54:51 PM
Author: ma re
Holy mother of God
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Any plans to set it? Even if you don''t it''s absolutely stunning, but just wondering.

Oh it''ll be set eventually. Not sure how yet so if you have any recommendations feel free to let me know.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2010 1:19:29 PM
Author: crasru
God, Kismet, did you come into ineritance from Warren Buffet? GORGEOUS stone! You always choose such amazing settings - I''d love to see the ring (I know you''ll set it into a ring!).

Haha, I wish. No, some of my options were expiring in February so I had to exercise them or lose them. I exercised them and ended up with some extra play money.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh lucky duck! That color is amazing! Will it be a ring maybe?

empress

Shiny_Rock
Smashing!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2010 6:47:12 PM
Author: Kismet

Date: 3/13/2010 12:54:51 PM
Author: ma re
Holy mother of God
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Oh it''ll be set eventually. Not sure how yet so if you have any recommendations feel free to let me know.
It''s a bit tougher without dimensions, but there''s about 99.9% chance I''d do something with yellow gold and white diamonds. Orientation east-west, for some reason I think N/S doesen''t do much for this stone. Since it''s such a rich color I''d go with a wider band, the width of which would be the same as the lenght of the stone''s shorter side (overall width of the stone minus the corners). Wouldn''t go with too many diamonds, cause that color and cutting should really take the center stage, so maybe just a line of baguettes along each side, or just one larger baguette flush set N/S in the shank.

But again, that stone would look amazing even taped on a cardboard ring so...
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely red. If it''s the same stone as I think is on RH''s website, I''ve been eyeing it and debating if I should get it for months. Glad to see it go to a PSer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results