shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Ruby Project! Inspiration Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

I''m so excitied- I just dropped off my 8.05ct ruby at the jewelers. I have had the ruby for about 8 months trying to figure out how to set it. It is included, but I actually like it that way. The cut is also not wonderful but there is a sentimental reason for not recutting it at this time.

My inspiration is Amethyste''s Ruby Ring. I love the halo and the deep split shank. My ruby is slightly larger and based on her ring I will need around 1CTW of diamonds to complete the ring. I will be making some changes to it however, I want the sides of the ring to cross over gracefully and then connect to the halo. I also don''t want as high of a basket- but since my stone was cut very deep that might not be helped but we will see.

inspriatsarah.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Amethyste''s Ruby Ring sides- I hope she doesn''t mind me posting these!

inspirationsidesarah.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Cross over split shank that I love! I would like mine to look a little more elegant and graceful...i''m hoping my jeweler will be able to translate that into the ring.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
oops trying to attach again!

splitshanksidesarah.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh I love this LOGR cross over split and I think it will look stunning with the modifications you mentioned.
30.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are both really cool settings! I can''t wait to see how you merge them together. TFS!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Thanks DT and Stonehunter. I should get the ring back the first week of November but the waiting is about to kill me. I should have the photos of the finished product though by the end of October. I can''t wait to see them!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s going to look great. Do you have any “old” or current pictures of ruby? Sentimental pieces are always special so I know you are going to be very pleased with the reset.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I would love to see an 8ct ruby! It must be beautiful..

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Chrono- I did try taking some photos of the ruby but it just looked like a red blur. I''m not talented with the camera. I will post pictures that my jeweler sends me though. She typically will take photos for me to see if there are any more changes I want to make before she ships it to me.

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
Oh Sarahbear - I think that LOGR setting will look fab with your ruby. I just discovered their rings lately and have been admiring that setting. I LOVE rubies and diamonds together.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh it''s going to look beautiful-how exciting!

mousey

Shiny_Rock
wowzers! I particularly love those orange sapphires!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/8/2009 6:50:51 PM
Author: mousey
wowzers! I particularly love those orange sapphires!
Thanks Mousey but i think you meant to reply to my other thread with some of my loose gemstones collection
21.gif
But I know what you mean the orange sapphires are some of my favorite stones now...I think I will set them in jackets.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Finally here is my 8.05ct ruby
30.gif
30.gif

rubysarah24.jpg

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Hey There Sarah!!!

Awwwwwww!! That is going to be a beautiful ring!!! I am so happy that the ruby ring has given you
some inspiration for your own! What a beautiful stone you have!!! It is gorgeous!
I''ll have to start coming into the gemstone section as well, as you all have gorgeous stones and rings!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 7:35:56 AM
Author: Amethyste
Hey There Sarah!!!

Awwwwwww!! That is going to be a beautiful ring!!! I am so happy that the ruby ring has given you
some inspiration for your own! What a beautiful stone you have!!! It is gorgeous!
I''ll have to start coming into the gemstone section as well, as you all have gorgeous stones and rings!!!
Thanks Amethyste! I hope you don''t mind that I posted your lovely ring!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 8:05:22 AM
Author: Sarahbear621

Date: 10/9/2009 7:35:56 AM
Author: Amethyste
Hey There Sarah!!!

Thanks Amethyste! I hope you don''t mind that I posted your lovely ring!
Sarah -
its quite alright - since i have sold this ring when i got my honkin'' pear lol.
I hope that your ruby will make your heart sing when it is all set and ready for all of us to admire!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amethyste,
All I can say is that you like your stones HUGE!!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results