shape
carat
color
clarity

My new ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jennyl

Rough_Rock
After being a LONNNNGTIME lurker, I finally have something of my own!
I received my grandmothers ring from my mother the other day, and I am so excited that it is now mine!!
I have no specs, no real information other than my grandmother received the ring as a gift from my grandfather and it was then passed to my mom. After my mom had it for a few years an original pear fell out of the setting so my mom had it reset with the remaining diamonds minus 1 which she made into a necklace and gave it to her sister. She then had the ring reset in the current setting. I LOVED the original setting and my plan is to have purchase the missing stones and have it reset to it''s original look. I am going to go straight to Rocky Talk after this to find a Philadelphia jeweler to help me....plus my size 9 1/2 finger is nothing like my mom''s size 7....

So

jennysring.jpg

jennyl

Rough_Rock
Another picture...
Please forgive me as my camera and photography skills aren''t that great

jennysring2.jpg

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
I always love heirloom pieces.....*S* It is part of a family history and the ring means so much more that someone else treasured and loved the ring. It is a beauty....*S*

Good Luck
MWG

jennyl

Rough_Rock
setting from the side...

jennysringsetting.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jennyl, thanks for sharing your lovely heirloom! That''s going to be such a wonderful project to have it restored to its original grandeur, I will have to follow your story for sure!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on that beautiful treasure! I love the older marquise cuts.
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you for sharing pics. what a special heirloom piece...it''s lovely...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring and story! I''m anxious to see what the original setting looked like.

Good luck and have fun with the resetting process!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Love the history Jenny
1.gif
Can''t wait to see the restoration!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! I know you are thrilled. I am not lucky enough to have any jewelry passed down from grandparents. I''m not even sure if my grandmothers had wedding rings. I don''t recall ever seeing one. I can''t wait to see the finished product. I can only imagine how special it will be to you.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
very unique ring. I love things that have sentimental value, you''ll get alot of pleasure every time you look at it on your hand.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How wonderful to have a family heirloom! Very pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results