shape
carat
color
clarity

My new project with WF

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
this is not hoop , but diffrent of setting
call basket?

600x449-919004.jpg

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love the way the single prong allows the diamonds to show off more. Absolutely gorgeous. Not so secure though, but wonderful look.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh I just think that the less metal - you know, prongage
emwink.gif
, the better. So I will cast my vote for the single prong too.

I like Flower''s description of the floating diamond - that sounds beautiful! Course you will probably have to talk to WF to get their input on it before making a decision anyhoo - right?

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering what you had up your sleeve, Kaliehg.
9.gif

The thing I don''t like about the single prong is that the diamonds don''t seem to flow together as much as they do with shared prong. I don''t like 4-prong at all -- to squared off. I agree with the others, 3-prong looks to triangular. I would pick the shared prong style.

Are we helping?
20.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I like shared prong for hoops, but I am sure whatever you choose they will be fabulous!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best of luck with the new project! For safety''s sake, I would go with 4 prongs.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I log out early and see what I miss
20.gif
2.gif

I like the single prong AND the shared prong. If you''re wanting something a little different I think the single prong might be the one. I can''t wait to see what you decide.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I vote for single shared prongs on 15 pointers!
3.gif

They''d be fabulous, delicate, and different!

(And I STILL think security wouldn''t be an issue for earrings...)

widget

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like the ''unified'' look of the shared prong (4 or 2) where the diamonds all flow together in one line of sparkle. the single prong is interesting and defintely a different look... but to me it looks like pop beads strung together...kinda cheezy.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a pic of my shared prong huggies, each stone is a 10 pointer, not aca but very well cut indeed because these little bad boys sparkle to no end :) I love the 10 pointer size and 15 would be great. In this pic the prongs seem bulky to me, but in reality they are very discreet and unnoticeable.

wow this is a fun project for you! lucky
36.gif

sharedpronghuggiefront1.JPG

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Belle, I like the 2 prong or 4 prong look for this type of earrings. They just look more symmetrical that way. I don''t like the way the 1 prong looks.

I have to say, I love the sapphire and diamond huggies picture that blueroses posted. I know I''m not getting any more diamonds this year though, so I must resist.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I'd prefer shared-prong.

A few folks have mentioned that security isn't a big deal because they are earrings. I'd just caution that you want to select a style that will hold up to regular ultrasonic cleaning.

Earrings tend to get dirty VERY fast -- they attract oils and product from your hair. I was cleaning my diamonds by hand every day, and yet when Mara and I went to WF, my earrings looked DULL. I was stunned...I had JUST cleaned them that morning.

They took a trip through the ultrasonic and WOW - like new again. This "seeing is believing" experience made us both jump on the ultrasonic cleaner bandwagon firmly.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys, as usuall you were very helpful. The single prong idea is intriguing and was the look I had in mind. Now to see what Bob has to say. I agree that safety is an issue. Plus as Al said I DO want to put these babies in my SI UC. I am going out for a while but just wanted to say thank you. The pics were great. You guys are awesome!!!!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also say like widget that security will not be an issue on earrings like these, aka no need for overkill with 4 prongs!

Shared prong would be safer than single prong but I just love that ''diamond drop'' look on the single prong and it''s less metal. Part of what I don''t like in general about huggies is that they typically look to me like someone took a regular earring and squished it between their fingers. To me the single prong has a more unique look AND it''s not so typically huggie...and I think they would sparkle more and show themselves off more.

If the single prong intrigues you at all, ask WF what their thoughts are re: how to make the setting secure enough to withstand the US...aka how can you use the scoop basket setting or similar to help strengthen them in the prongs. Good luck!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They can''t do the single prong because of safety issues. I am going with the most minimal shared prong look as possible. Now waiting for price quotes. blueroses I loved the second pair you posted. I am doing those but with less prongy prongs!! Haha.
3.gif
They were the sapphire and diamond hoops BTW.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, what a fun project! I''m glad you''re going with the shared prong option. The single prong earrings would''ve been gorgeous & very delicate looking, but maybe it''s best to have more prongs for security. I can''t wait to see these sparklers!
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks BrightSpot. I think I made the right choice. I know they will be amazing. Can''t wait!!!

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
LISA! I am exciting with your project
30.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you made a good choice - how long until we can see these beauties?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went with the 15 pointers. I am excited. Won''t be long now..... Yay!!!
3.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
How long will it be until you have your earrings?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
3.gif

wow...i just can''t wait to see them! yay!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you made a great choice! I really prefer the look of the shared prongs myself, more fluid, and I think the 15 pointers will be fantastic. Can''t wait to see them on your ears!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sundial and belle. I am really psyched!!!
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
WOOHOO! How much fun is THIS???!

So, how many stones in each earring? For a tcw of... ???! YOU KNOW ME! I NEED NUMBERS!!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Lynn

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Meeting all of these expectations is going to be difficult but I will do my best.
Leon and Mr. Le will be working magic.
These look like something we should have on our site.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Each hoop will have 5 15 pointers. So 1.50 TCW. ACA''s. WG, etc...
3.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I''m a little late to this but so excited about your new project, Kaleigh! I love these "collaborative" efforts!! My vote was for the 2 prong and it sounds like that''s what you''re getting. 15 pointers?? Woo hoooo, those are going to be stunning!!! How long till we get to see them?!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks curlygirl. I guess a couple of weeks. You''ll see the WF pics first. Ear shots will take a while
2.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo Kaleigh I can''t wait to see the finished product!!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results