shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Pendant from Whiteflash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Last year I upgraded my e-ring and this left my original .5 ct stone sitting in a box in a drawer. I knew I wanted to do something so I could wear it again but I wasn’t sure what. It was deep and poorly cut with an extremely thick girdle. Through wonderful PS I got the courage to send it off to Bill Bray to be re-cut. Believe me, that was a leap! I never even knew it was possible.

It came back beautiful! It lost a little weight but ended up facing up about the same. Now it’s .4 ct. but has much better proportions and although it wouldn’t make into the Ideal category I am extremely happy with the outcome. Then I decided on a pendant after seeing Mara’s latest. So I sent it off to Whiteflash and, as expected, those guys did a fantastic job of putting it a white gold martini pendant setting. They were great to work with, kept in touch through emails and finished my project in a couple weeks.

My thanks goes to this forum for educating me and showing the possibilities!!

martinipendant.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It turned out beautiful!!!!

Linda

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you. I can hardly wait to get it.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well it may not be a true ideal but look at those arrows! Gorgeous!! Can''t wait for some neck shots.
36.gif

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! I have a stone I''d like to have re-cut, too. Was it expensive?

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
It is so lovely that you had your original diamond set into a pendant. Your re-cut looks fantastic as each arrow really seems to pop. I also spy some flashes of blue..well done!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
The cutting cost a little over $300 but the price is based on how long a cutter needs to perform the planning, cutting and polishing so I imagine the price can vary depending on the size. For me it was very worth the money because I really didn't like the extra-ultra-enormously thick girdle my stone had. It'll be a nice sentimental piece to pass down, too.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
It looks fantastic swingirl!
I think it''s great that you were able to keep something so near and dear to you and able to make it new and improved on top of that! I''m sure it will look lovely on you!
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful necklace. Isn''t it great what you learn here on PS?
36.gif

I''m finally getting around to finding a use for my original e-ring diamond as well. Never would have done it without PS, either.
35.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think the prong placement helps to show off this diamond quite nicely. congrats!

movie zombie

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. You''ll enjoy wearing this a lot.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
That is really pretty! Enjoy it!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! A re-cut was totally the answer...that diamond looks stunning and what a great setting to utilize it in. congrats!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Good show!
36.gif

cheers--Sharon

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the compliments. I picked it up yesterday from the FedEx office and put it on in the parking lot! I am really satisfied with it. It looks more substantial than I thought it would. The chain is very fine and I hope I can lead a delicate lifestyle so I don''t yank it off myself for some reason. It does have a tendency to flip down. I think that must be the nature of the martini setting because the back is slightly pointed and lies against the skin. But with body movement it quickly realigns itself to face forward.

I like the idea of a pendant for one''s original stone when an upgrade has been made. It make me feel like I haven''t lost the sentimental value of my original diamond.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its lovely. Looking forward to neck shots!!

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
It''s so pretty, I can''t wait to see "real" photos!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very pretty...very pretty! Make sure to post some neck shots, I want to see it on!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful! Do you have a thread with a picture of the diamond before the recut? It would be an interesting visual.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love your new pendant!!!

wawatu

Rough_Rock
hi everyone
having it recut is a great idea!! ( i really don''t want to buy another poorly cut diamond)
i''ll look into it.

i like a dahov melo ring setting, it''s expensive, is dahov a top quality label? there are alot of designers recommended on pricescope. What are some of the best quality designers?
thanks

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2008 11:43:00 PM
Author: wawatu
hi everyone
having it recut is a great idea!! ( i really don''t want to buy another poorly cut diamond)
i''ll look into it.

i like a dahov melo ring setting, it''s expensive, is dahov a top quality label? there are alot of designers recommended on pricescope. What are some of the best quality designers?
thanks
I answered you about Danhov and other designers on your other thread.

Swingirl, I am sorry I missed this the first time around! That was a great idea to have your diamond recut! Mine is not too deep, but it has a large table and shallow crown. I''m just afraid it would really reduce the size of mine to have it recut, and since it is 1.02 carats, it would go under a carat. I am going to consider it, though.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I can''t wait for neck shots!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Saw it today and loved it! Looked beautiful! Great choices on both the recut and the setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results