shape
carat
color
clarity

My new pear from Diamonds by Lauren! (it''''s Ellie!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2005 3:35:59 AM
Author: CoutureFemme

I''m thinking shared prong half-eternity. I would like to have them made in rose gold, though. I like the look of RG + WG together.
I love pink!!!! That would be a great look without taking away from the awesome outline of that pear. Trying to control two half-eternity bands to stay right side up might be a challenge though. I''d push for full eternity so you never have fool with them.
31.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink bands you say ?
2.gif

h.jpg
from Fay''s

That is 1.5mm shared prong, and there are a couple of similarly dainty channel bands in pink gold with either colorless diamonds or frech cut pink sapphires from here. These are $550 to $900.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CF, you have a beautiful diamond with a great girdle outline or "shape appeal" as they call it in diamond grading.

Your stone is a prime example of how the "numbers" don''t always tell the story with fancy cuts.

Enjoy your new treasure.

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/13/2005 10:05:42 AM
Author: valeria101
Pink bands you say ?
2.gif

h.jpg
from Fay''s

That is 1.5mm shared prong, and there are a couple of similarly dainty channel bands in pink gold with either colorless diamonds or frech cut pink sapphires from here. These are $550 to $900.

Matatora, I hope my left hand isn''t TOO blingy...I don''t want to drive myself off the road from staring at the sparkles!
2.gif

I think DiamondLil''s right, eternity is the way to go - my rings are always spinning on me, due to my fat knuckles!

Ana, thanks so much for finding these for me, they are perfect in every way!

CFlutist, I love how numbers don''t tell the whole story, I especially love your "fat" marquise! Thanks also for your compliment, my little pear aspires to be like yours
5.gif
!

query for all: I love the bands Ana posted, do you think they would great with my pear? I''m leaning towards the pink sapphires. I hadn''t thought of pink sapphires, but after seeing them, I WANT them! Do you think they will last through daily wear for years to come? I''m considering either one band with sapphires and one band with diamonds OR both bands sapphires. Any preferences? Thanks!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2005 1:30:05 PM

query for all: I love the bands Ana posted, do you think they would great with my pear?
'Glad to hear this! What do you think ?
2.gif

pearwithtwobands.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2005 2:09:28 PM

query for all: I love the bands Ana posted, do you think they would great with my pear?
''Glad to hear this! What do you think ?
2.gif
STUNNING!
36.gif
36.gif
I love that look
3.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

2.gif
Miss Ana does it again!!!
36.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I would go with two bands the same -- one for each side of the e-ring. For wedding bands, I''d probably go with diamond rather than sapphire. My personal preference is for colored stones for RHRs, but that''s just a personal preference. I think it would look great with two sapphire bands too. Did I mention I LOVE PINK?
9.gif

P.S. NEVER say too much bling!!!!!!
31.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I think I''d be afraid of knocking those sapphires doing my day to day chores and errands, but they would be so elegant for dining out, shopping, etc. Shoot, my jeweler says she only wears her jewelry when she''s leaving the house anyway, because she thinks it keeps her jewelry looking nicer and newer, so she could wear the most delecate things and not hurt them. Me, I want to LIVE in my bridal jewelry, so I would be afraid of a sapphire eternity band except for dress up.

I keep coming back to drool over Ellie.
30.gif

I think I''ll call my pear "Emma" because she''s an "M", LOL! We now have Ellie and Emma.

Say, CF, what about a half or three fourths eternity band? If you wanted to wear them all the time you could have them soldered to your e-ring so they wouldn''t turn, and then they wouldn''t get knocked under your hand??? I sure do love that look.

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock

2.gif
OH MY WORD! I have to agree with Lorelei and Matatora, Ana is so great with photoshop. That is beyond what I even imagined, how beautiful! Ana, you are THE best for helping me see my top choice for my bridal set! I think I will definitely go for the 2 diamond bands now.
3.gif
DiamondLil, I adore pink as well and I''m starting to learn that there is no such thing as too much bling! Lumpkin, yay for Emma and Ellie! I think I''m going to want to live in my bridal jewelry as well! I can''t wait! As for the 3/4 eternity, I may go with that. The main thing I''m concerned about with the full eternity is the sizing issue. I have swelling issues, so maybe I''ll have to buy a "summer set" and a "winter set". Think my BF will go for that? Hehe!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
I love this look and Brian at Knox Diamonds in Minnesota (where I went to college) has agreed to do them in pink gold with K-M color diamonds to match my pear. I like this look, but they obviously won''t sit flush. Any opinions on the look and whether or not the pointy parts will "eat" into my e-ring?

knoxeternity.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got back from LA and saw this thread!

Ellie is JUST GORGEOUS and I love love LOVE your idea for matching pink bands. I think the photoshopping that Ana did looks absolutely stunning.

I don''t think that the points on the band would eat at your ering if it''s just going to be the metal touching metal. I think it will be fine, and look so awesome. I really like mixing it up as far as shapes go...I''ve been wearing my art deco band as my w-band with my pear ering...love the mixed look. I think the band you''re contemplating would give a similar effect...and be gorgeous!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Hi FG! Thanks for the compliments
1.gif
I just wish I could actually WEAR Ellie soon. The only w-bands on my list as of now are the ones Ana showed me and the ones I saw on knoxjewelers.biz. I''m stuck, I would really love BOTH sets of bands, but I mustn''t be too greedy. The only thing is, the bands from Knox are about $200 less than the bands from Fay Cullen. The Knox band is .05 less than the Fay band. However, the Fay bands use more diamonds than the Knox band. So..in essence, I guess the Knox bands are a better deal. I love them both equally! Any preferences?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, well I LOVE pink and I adore that look that Ana posted so if it was me I would pick the Barbie Bands!
3.gif
However the other bands are yummy too - GET BOTH?????? Tough call, but how fun!!!!!!!
9.gif
I think that look shows off a pear to perfection
emsmilep.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
1.gif
Lorelei, good morning to you over there in England! I am up late, once again! The more intricate band I posted from Knox Jewelers would also be made in pink gold and with diamonds that match the pear's color, would that change your opinion?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning to you too! Yes it MIGHT POSSIBLY change my opinion - I love rose gold and the L diamonds would look terrific!
9.gif
Just a thought, you could possibly find M diamonds might be a good match, I have one of those ring guards with 4 .25 L colour diamonds which I wear with my G colour 1 ct diamond - you can't see a difference in colour!
33.gif
I was just thinking as these small diamonds can look so white maybe a warmer colour still might be a good match for Ellie. If you can compare colours next to her or get David's opinion, see what he thinks - but this is a great idea
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/14/2005 4:42:32 AM
Author: Lorelei

...you could possibly find M diamonds might be a good match, I have one of those ring guards with 4 .25 L colour diamonds which I wear with my G colour 1 ct diamond - you can''t see a difference in colour!
Yeah, I wouldn''t worry about the color grade of 1 pointers on the eternity bands. There''s no way they''ll ''match'' or ''not match'' - the size is so different! The small ones will be just glittering dots, and the pink gold around will obliterate their ''color'' even if the stones were substantially larger. As long as they are clean and reasonably well cut, I would not worry about color. Besides, these are given split grades by the seller (melee comes in color intervals for a parcel, no one grades stone by stone)... so there''s no way to even tell L and M ones apart.

Actually, I would not ask for lower color melee per se, because these also risk being lower quality overall. Chances are nicer bands will be labeled I or above for the color of accent diamonds regardless. Hopefully they will be well cut and clean that way.

Just a thought...

Is the pear''s setting staying?
2.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
yum!
18.gif
I love it!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/14/2005 2:20:55 PM
Author: flopkins
yum!
18.gif
I love it!

Flopkins, your avatar is SO adorable! I love IT!

Lorelei, I wish your digital camera wasn't broken, I am really anticipating seeing your gorgeous jewelry!

Ana, yes I'm ALMOST sure the pear is staying the way it is. If I ever change the setting, it will be to add 2 pink(!) or yellow pears on each side. However, you're right (as usual, which is what I like about you!) about how small these diamonds will be. I'm just getting a bit carried away. Like you said, the main concern is really the sparkle, the color won't matter much since they're so small and will be set in pink gold anyway. Ok, I won't be able to make my decison until I actually get to see the bands in person. So I will order one band from each vendor. The one I don't pick, I will keep to wear on my right hand or as an "alternate" w-band. The one I do pick, I'll order a 2nd one.
1.gif

Thanks ladies, I appreciate ALL your input!

ETA: I just realized I've been promoted to Cut Rock, cool!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You DESERVE your promotion CF! We will have to play a virtual celebratory piano duet sometime! Interestingly, thinking of some other small melee diamonds I have 10 pts, I can see a difference with those, these are M and N colours, they look a little " darker" to my eyes, it''s hard to describe but they look different to higher colours and that is the best way I can describe it - however the cut might be and probably is c--p
16.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/15/2005 4:53:37 AM
Author: Lorelei
You DESERVE your promotion CF! We will have to play a virtual celebratory piano duet sometime! Interestingly, thinking of some other small melee diamonds I have 10 pts, I can see a difference with those, these are M and N colours, they look a little '' darker'' to my eyes, it''s hard to describe but they look different to higher colours and that is the best way I can describe it - however the cut might be and probably is c--p
16.gif

Hmm, in that case, I will probably take your advice and call David @ DBL to ask him what he thinks about warmer melee set in pink gold. I really wonder how much of the gold''s color will "leak" into the diamonds. Thanks for the input! We will have to play a virtual duet! After the holidays, haha!
2.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Ellie is absolutely stunning. I think she belongs with you. I''m so thrilled you love her as a beautiful diamond deserves to be loved. Congrats.

shay

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I just found your thread & can I tell you how much I love your beautiful, juicy pear? I think the simple, elegant setting is perfect for it & will allow you to have lots of fun mixing & matching w-bands. I think either the Fay or the Knox band in pink gold & diamonds will look stunning w/ your ring. Have you tried on the one from Knox? Is it comfortable? I love the design, but would want to make sure it''s not too pokey.
2.gif

I hope your wait until P-day is not long...
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/16/2005 12:16:30 AM

I really wonder how much of the gold''s color will ''leak'' into the diamonds.
Good word for it... because the color of the setting shows through the patches of ''leakage'' in a stone - but then, there is no light though the back of the paved diamonds, so this doesn''t quite work for them as it does for, say, the yellow radiants DBL sets on yellow gold.

The rings at Fay are white diamonds paved on pink and should give an idea, but the pictures are kind of small. This is clearer (a ring from Pearlmans''):

001CO18.jpg

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
CF your pear is absolutely gorgeous! And I love the double band Ana photoshop it is stunning! I also love the last band you posted! I can''t wait to see what you decide!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Oh ladies, I''m sorry I haven''t had time to check up on "my" thread in awhile. Thanks for the compliments Shay, BrightSpot, and LLL! I, too have been wondering about whether the Knox bands would "poke" into my finger. I can''t wait until I get the bands so I can try them on.

Ana, thanks for posting the picture! I had forgotten that yellow diamonds are set in YG to make them more yellow and pink diamonds in PG, etc. I rather like the idea of white diamonds in PG. Regarding the Chopard asscher sapphire band in Ries'' thread, do you really think it wouldn''t be hard to find enough matching sapphires to custom make one?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/24/2005 2:28:18 AM

Regarding the Chopard asscher sapphire band in Ries' thread, do you really think it wouldn't be hard to find enough matching sapphires to custom make one?

I'd try. It can't hurt.

After all, it is not up to you to find them. Calibrated square sapphire does not sound like an overly exotic item to me.

E.g. Simplisapphires had such things listed in their display of Australian sapphire. I don't know if they still deal with that source, but may still be able to direct you. Surely this is just a random drop in the bucket.

My 0.2
1.gif

Those rings come with a number of cute details: pave on the rims, nicely carved prongs etc. Those would probably be more difficult to follow up than the stones used.

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Ana, you are AWESOME! Thanks for the suggestion, I "need" a new band
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/25/2005 1:28:22 AM
Ana, you are AWESOME! Thanks for the suggestion, I 'need' a new band
2.gif
Could it be green instead of bue? ...

s11521.jpg
4mm tsavorite at Creativegem

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
YES! Any color would be fine!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results