shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Pear Bling!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! What a absolute gorgeous pear and set. Now that''s what I call Bling Bling.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh my, WHAT a beauty!
30.gif

Yummmmm Your ring is just scrumptious.
18.gif

Congrats!!

And feel free to post pics anytime.
3.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what an absolute stunner.
love the stone, love the setting, love the bands!
30.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Your rings are awsome!

I love the shape of your pear.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a great find!!! Your rings are beautiful!!!

luvmypear

Rough_Rock
Thanks once again for the kind words everybody! I keep looking at this like, is it really all mine?
1.gif

This pear was a long time coming, and I am just so thrilled with the whole experience. We sent this ourselves to GIA and they were *wonderful*! I would call to check on my pear and they knew exactly where it was and what was going on with it and where it was in the grading process. They were so nice! We had it lazser inscribed and they knew exactly when it would be finished and mailed back to me. And, they expedited it and I got it back 2 weeks from the day I sent it! It was great!

And the jeweler who set the pear was wonderful! It''s a 6 prong platinum head, no v tip. I just don''t like v tips...it''s my own personal preference. And on this pear I wanted minimal prongs so it would be all diamond showing! He did a beautiful job. It''s just perfect! I honestly don''t really even notice the prongs.

And the eternity rings are from Signed Pieces...size 5 3/4. These are stunning in person and so sparkly. I would so recommend them to anybody who wants an eternity ring, or two, or three! The craftsmanship is superb. These are the nicest eternity rings I''ve ever seen. And they each came with a Facets certificate stating specs. Really a first class company.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and great feedback on my new set! I''m in love! This is a fabulous place to visit, learn and gush!
30.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that''s stunning!!! Congratulations on your great find. It''s beautiful, and I cannot believe that''s a K!

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
I''m learning to really love pears. Yours is soooo pretty and I love the setting and bands. Did you get a good deal on it??

Whatever, though, it''s gorge!!

jeannie

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, gorgeous! My pear used to be in a set like that, only it was palladium. Enjoy your new rings, they are stunning!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful AND huge! I love the settings you chose as well. Looks great on your hand.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings! Love your pear. Awesome set. You can wear those proudly anywhere!
36.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is so gorgeous. To me, the shape is perfect...not too long, not too fat. Would you happen to have the length and width measurements of the stone...or do you know the l/w ratio? It''s perfect and HUGE! Congrats and enjoy wearing all that gorgeousness
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2007 10:10:00 PM
Author: shminbabe
I''m learning to really love pears. Yours is soooo pretty and I love the setting and bands. Did you get a good deal on it??

Whatever, though, it''s gorge!!

jeannie
You know, when I first came here, I didn''t really like pears at all. Then I was "forced" to look at FireGoddes''s stunning pear in her av, and I have really come to love them too.
30.gif

luvmypear, did I say you could post pics anytime??
31.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOW--oh so gorgeous! You lucky gal! You have three stunning new rings--and oh the combo''s of how to wear them--you''ll have a new set of rings every week!!

cheers--Sharon

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t really been a huge pear fan...but you just made me a believer!!! That ring is AMAZING! Love the 3 eternity bands. Simply Beautiful! That Blue Flor. really makes the K look very white...I love your set! Congrats!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely Beautiful!!!!!!

luvmypear

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for the compliments! K color is an awesome value color, because if you''re lucky enough to find one with strong blue fluorescence then you get the added benefit of a whiter color for less money. That being said, I still think that the square cuts will show the color more, but the rounded cuts don''t seem to. I''ve heard that the points on a marquise and on a pear will tend to show color, but it doesn''t do that on this stone.

The K with strong blue fluor really makes a difference in the color on this pear. The fluorescence is such a bonus! Because I paid the price of a K but got a diamond that looks like an H/I. It faces up very very white and honestly isn''t warm at all. The diamonds in the eternity rings are F/G color, and there is ever so slightly a bit of a contrast but not enough to bother me and I''m pretty color sensitive. I''ve seen K color diamonds that are much more tinted looking...I don''t know if it''s the shape, or the cut, but I had a J radiant and it was very tinted and I couldn''t find a mounting that it looked good in because of the degree of contrast between it and the sidestones. So the fluorescence in this diamond makes a huge difference. My pear is very very bright and brilliant and blazing. The clarity is VS1 so there isn''t anything in it to mask the brilliance, except very very tiny and minute inclusions. And I don''t know if the GIA K makes a difference or not, either, but some Ks that are not GIA look more brownish to me.

The measurements are 11.86 x 7.78 x 4.32mm. That makes the L to W ratio 1.52%, I think. I''m really happy with the shape...visually it looks every bit as big as a 3 carat and has a nice cut on it without being shallow. There is a little bit of a bow tie but it''s very light and sometimes it''s hard to see but it is there depending on the lighting. I don''t know if this has to do with the depth...I think it does. It was really a fabulous find, and I consider myself very very lucky!

I''m going out tonight with the girls...and will be showing it off! AND, I''m waiting for it to glow in the dark!!! which it will cause we''re going out dancing! I can''t wait to see the looks on their faces when it glows electric blue!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 4:35:39 PM
Author: luvmypear
I''m going out tonight with the girls...and will be showing it off! AND, I''m waiting for it to glow in the dark!!! which it will cause we''re going out dancing! I can''t wait to see the looks on their faces when it glows electric blue!
9.gif
You ARE taking your camera, right??!
9.gif
2.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohmygosh... words just do NOT suffice...

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

STUNNING!!!

themrs

Rough_Rock
WOW!!!
30.gif
Your set is fabulous, love the look!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-what a perfect pear! And a perfect pair of eternity bands to go with the e-ring, too!
3.gif
Seriously, your set is just stunning. I can''t believe that''s a K! (Where do I sign up for a big, beautiful, K with strong blue flourescence?!) Congratulations on your new rings!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a treasure you have. Your ring is beautiful and I love the eternity bands.

hookemhorns

Rough_Rock
Holy cow!! I am now a pear lover. Congrats on your fabulous find! Bravo!

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Hi there! Your pear and eternity rings are the absolute pinnacle of elegance. Beautiful! I do have a few questions for you regarding the eternity sets -- I know you raved about them in one of your posts, but may I ask how comfy they are? Do they spin badly on your finger or do they sit nicely next to each other? You commented that they are sparkly --so I take it you are pleased with the color/cut quality of the stones? ALso --do you have a side view of the head/prongs holding your pear? I''d love to see that if you do...I am considering this set as well but am having a terrible time making up my mind!

Thanks so much for any info/pictures...

summergreen

Rough_Rock
what size are the stones on the eternity bands?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! I hope that my 1.51 ct. pear grows up to be a 2.50 ct pear someday with those proportions.
Your measurements are fantastic! Truth is, that''s why I choose my particular stone too, because it faces up like an almost 2 ct stone, even though I have a 59.8% depth percentage. It all depends on the cutter and how much of a "belly" he leaves from half way down, to the point of the stone.

Congrats! Absolutely stunning
emotion-5.gif
Wear it with joy!

Please tell us how you bought this from an estate? Do we look for estate sales? Or go to a jeweler that has estate jewelry?
I''ve always wondered. I''m in the mood to shop!

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful set!

I love the eternity bands on them all, blingtastic!

PawnShopHustler

Rough_Rock
That diamond just made my blood pressure drop.
30.gif
32.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
THAT is one gorgous set! My goodness what a great shape on that stone! Enjoy it!

Judy
:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results