shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Marc Jacobs bag

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I just got back from spending a few days in Vegas and wanted to share my new handbag and wallet. I looked at some of the new Louis Vuitton bags as well as several other brands, but decided on the "Blake" by Marc Jacobs. I have a couple of LV bags, but this is my first MJ and I have to say that I love the smooth creamy leather!

mjhandbag.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome sundial! i love the marc jacobs bags... i am a fan of the soft leather too.
2.gif
congrats!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it Sundial. I have a black Marc Jacobs bag. They hold up very well. Good for you!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH I love it!!! And that matching wallet is just beautiful. It looks so supple..YUM!

So Belle when will we see your new bag?
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Belle got a new bag?? Pics girl!!!
20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
No but she has been SHOPPING...
5.gif

I''m just trying to light a fire under her...I gotta have some more bag eye-candy!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Belle, Mara, Kaleigh, and Rascal! I love my LV, Burberry, and Gucci, but this is a nice change from all the logos. Belle you know you need a new bag and we want to see pics!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup belle needs to join the club. Right sis?? I know you want one, hehe.
3.gif
Sundial I love the wallet too, very nice!!!!
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it. it looks just perfect for spring and summer...

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous bag!!! Love the color! I have never owned a white bag and would love to get one as well.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I''ve never had a white bag, but I love your new one Sundial and a matching wallet too - it''s fab.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
YESYESYES!!! I love it!!! I was actually looking today with hubby who is feeling generous. I LOVE Marcs. The leather and interior is to die for!

I was looking at the Large Multi Pocket but think it's too small in me. I love the white you chose and oatmeal.
I love the Blake...I just wish it was bigger b /c I have such a large frame.... Great choice! A classic you'll wear forever!!! I wear my Susannah more than any other bag...

What do you think of this one? (if it's ok if I post in your thread???) It's the Courtney...but part of me really makes myself a little sick with myself to think why bother if it doesn't look like a traditional marc)....

Belle doesn't like to share...LOLOL. hahaha j.k

Courtney.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
MMM,
I do love it!! That is one hot bag. Yes not the traditional Marc look, but I think that''s a good thing. Love the color too.
30.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! But I dunno....I LOVE the quilted Anna but it only comes in denim.
I LOVE the blake shape!!! And the matcing wallet is ADORABLE Sundial~~~~

This one is on ebay for "only" $550...it has the original Saks Off Fifth Tags! A steal really for the size... 13 X 12
But a little too similair to what I have and not the right color...

saks.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love that brown one MMM, I''m such a neutral gal.
9.gif

I love that front pocket, too cute!

Gosh when would G ever be looking at purses with me and feeling generous? Better get the wine out!
31.gif
11.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Uncork that bitch, get the glasses out and check it out with him on ebay LOL... That is SUCH a fab deal. I just never wear brown but if I did. Oh boy. Mine is the same shape but with the pockets on both ends....So it also looks very much like it...But delicious!
3.gif
ANd I love seeing that kind of sale on ebay...with the actual outlet store tags. Do it do it do it.

p.s. It would be for our anniversary in march so he's usually not *that* generous. Unless rolling his eyes
20.gif
is a sign of generousity
41.gif
. I also think he felt bad for me b/c I saw a multi pocket on ebay that seemed totally legit. Even the hardware (which was dull...and I found out mj used to do dull and make fabric interior)....Seller was so great, pockets and seams were right on..but then I saw where she got it and told her I was going to cancel...she was such a doll. I should have known better. and am usually smarter than that. Slap slap. And then I thought about fakies, but was told that the fakes made in china contribute to the illegal animal fur trade, so forget that. i have one fake Tods and I have never worn it and will never ever contribute to that sort of thing again)...so I guess I little guilt and pity go a long way ;0 I don't see any other bags I like so I might just take a rain check

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thanks mrssalvo, Butterfly, MiniMouse, and MMM! The color is actually kind of an off-white which I think makes it more versatile than the stark white.

MMM you can hijack my threads anytime and both those MJs you posted are terrific. However the burgundy one is TO DIE FOR! I have the opposite problem as you, I am only 5' 2" and many of Marc's bags are just too big for me. I would love to be able to pull off a bigger handbag. I was excited to find the Blake because it is a nice size. Keep us posted on what you decide to buy! And where is this purse forum you mentioned on another thread???

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sundial
36.gif

Really, you love the burgundy too? This sounds SO shallow and caddy, but do you think anyone would know it's a marc if they saw it? OMG. Did i just ask that question. ???
38.gif
WHEN did I become a superficial snob/ I guess I am one. Very shameful indeed.
20.gif
The courtney is a good size for me...Would you believe I feel the Large Multi Pocket is too small? LOL...

I love the shape of the blake. Such a perfect classic bag. great with sweats and work attire. Fab choice. And the color is right on the money!!!

Here is another I like. sneeking it in (e/t it's not a mj. It's a Luella) Now this is BIG! About 15X17X8 LOL... Perfect. But now we're getting into the $1350 range which is really crazy.

I think I might just ask for a vacuum LOL!!!

Luella.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh, ooops, it's purseblog.com.

I posted a few times under my username here...I almost got an ebay bag. But decided against it. But those gals are SERIOUS handbag collectors. I'd rather have diamonds ;-) I was also very tempted by fakes until very recently...I almost did get a fake MJ Quilted Anna (in leather no less which is funny b/c it doesn't come in leather LOL...What a loser).... But I discovered where all that money goes and I'm not supporting it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah the fake industry in china is really very sad...there was this whole big thing on the ebay forums about fake juicy ''rabbit'' fur jackets..a bunch of girls bought them thinking they were real and found out they were CAT FUR...it was stinking and their own cats were trying to EAT IT, beyond disgusting and then of course some girl had to post a video going ''look at what they do to the cats before they kill them'' which i didn''t watch but i heard about it, nasty.

anyway after that i really wanted to get a juicy doggie velour outfit but i couldn''t find one that was guaranteed legit, i mean they are even printing up the same STORE tags with skus and everything so it''s a really good fake. so hard to tell. so in the end i just said screw it, i didn''t want the hassle or the worry.

anyway back onto purses, i''d much rather buy real and just save up or have a splurge every once in a while, i wear my diamonds more consistently than the purses anyway.
9.gif
i really am so in love with my new LV though.

though i do have to say...thinking about my upgrade, how sad is it that i could get like 8-13 LV bags (depending on style/pricing, etc) for what i will end up paying for my upgrade this year. hmmm larger diamond or 10 new LV bags? this is a sickness i tell you!!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Yes I have heard some awful things about the labor used in making fake bags and where the money ends up going. Even if my purchases are limited, I prefer my diamonds and my handbags to be the real thing.

Thanks for the info MMM, I will check out that purse forum. I like the Luella too, but really that burgundy is the one. It may not look like a traditional MJ bag (and no you are not shallow, what is the point in paying for a nice bag if no one knows?), but I think the richness of the leather and the heavy hardware will still make it stand out as being a quality designer bag. Sometimes it is nice to have something a little different.

Mara as much as I love LV bags, that new diamond will last longer, get more use, and be more beautiful to behold!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I saw some marc's at Saks Off Fifth tonight...Delicious!
I saw that brown one there too...It's so pretty....

well, it's not a marc but DROOL. It's a new michael kors...pricey at $975 but a classic. It better come in black. or I should probably say i hope it doesn't come in black!

I'd love a white one too...that's the it color !!!

koors.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like that one too mmm!

so, my gf went to las vegas last week and came back with a chloe bag that was, get this $1700!!! can you believe it? seriously i believe in an expensive purse here and there but $1700? i kept staring at the picture thinking, okay any minute this will somehow seem like a $1700 bag. it never really hit me. does that seem high to anyone else or am i just a relative expensive purse newbie?! hehee.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
mara~ it could be worse. she could have brought home a hermes.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh i know FK...but it seems like a hermes would make more sense for that much (or more?) than a chloe?!?!?!

i had a moment too where i was like gosh and no one even knows it's an expensive bag! aka you would not look at this bag and think 'oh that's a $1700 chloe'....hee hee.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow that''s another great bag you found MMM!

Mara I''m with you, IF I was going to spend $1700 on a purse I would at least want it to be Chanel or Hermes or something special NOT Chloe!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree....Chanel has some beautiful bags around that price (I think the flap bag with cc logo is classic) and I''ve been eyeing a new caviar tote from Chanel...hm....jeez I''m spending more and more money on bags now....and it''s all your fault, Mara!!!!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha Ha I am just the MESSENGER! Blame the messenger!!

Well since I am still only in the $500-800 bag range so far, any $$ spent on anything above I cannot take any credit or blame for!
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I mean it really is ridiculous. Just crazy. But it just gets more and more "acceptable" to spend that. I''m holding off on a new bag for now.

But if I do spend that kind of money, I at least want a bag I can easily open without a padlock LOL j.k. I haven''t taken a close enough look at the chloes but those locks are so heavy and I think secure the zipper?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results