shape
carat
color
clarity

My new James Meyer sapphire ring...

brightblue

Rough_Rock
First, I want to thank all you PS''ers because I would not have this ring if it weren''t for this forum.
I am way beyond happy. I have not been able to load photos yet, so here goes.

brightblueA.jpeg

brightblue

Rough_Rock
Okay, I have 9 more photos but I need to make them smaller...stay tuned!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
me thinks this james meyer guy makes good stuff, no lemons!
And that stone looks mighty mighty as well.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Lordy!! That is gorgeous!! Congratulations!! I''m one of the biggest James Meyer fans you''ll ever find, and you''ve got one of the best pieces!!!!!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful! Can''t wait to see more pictures!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that''s gorgeous! I love it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I loooove it!!
30.gif
Dying for the rest of the pics!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
So elegant! Where is the rest 6 pictures? Please don''t tease
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
Very pretty! hand shots?

-A

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh that is just beautiful! I think he is in Pennsylvania I will have to go and see his shop... Congrats on a truly beautiful ring.

brightblue

Rough_Rock
Here goes...

brightblue2.jpg

brightblue

Rough_Rock
I''ll do these all separately.
20.gif

brightblue3.jpg

brightblue

Rough_Rock
I know they are HUGE but I am just grateful I can upload.
This is a 2.17 ct. ceylon sapphire Jim sourced for me. The ring is white gold with platinum wraps and bezel. Here is the famous JM profile

brightblue4.jpg

brightblue

Rough_Rock
The view from here!

brightblue5.jpg

brightblue

Rough_Rock
I live in Albuq. NM so the sun was out shining like crazy. The blue is absolutely stunning. I was afraid to drive anywhere today because I thought I might get distracted.

brightblue6.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

brightblue

Rough_Rock
The necessary PS flower shot.

brightblue7.jpg

brightblue

Rough_Rock
So shiny and beautiful!

brightblue8.jpg

brightblue

Rough_Rock
Last one. The ring is a 8 1/2 (we can''t all be tiny!) and it is everything that has been said. It balances perfectly on my finger and is, yes, much more delicate IRL. My plan is to get a wedding band to go with this (it''s my 25 yr. upgrade) but Jim suggested I wear the ring for a time to get a feel for what I want. I am leaning towards a simple WG band with platinum wraps-perhaps 2 bands, one for each side. My stocky finger could use a little more width...

Chrono-thanks for your suggestion to go with an oval. I heeded your advice.
Uppy-I''m glad to be a member of the JM club.

smb9.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello fellow Albuquerquean. I believe you make #4 from the ABQ area. Welcome!

Lovely blue btw!

brightblue

Rough_Rock
Freke-I thought you were from Albq. I saw a Butterfields box on one of your posts. I also laughed at your description of the sw minerals shop on central.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 9:54:46 PM
Author: brightblue
Freke-I thought you were from Albq. I saw a Butterfields box on one of your posts. I also laughed at your description of the sw minerals shop on central.
Yup! Born and raised! Yeah, my ering came from Butterfields, and a lot of my other stuff has come from or been put together at Silver Owl on Carlisle. Most of my stuff is coming off of the internet though, I have to admit.

But you can''t beat ol'' SW minerals for cheap decent stuff! Even though the dude who seems to be the most knowledgeable about gemstones there seems to think there is such thing as a "double window"...pavilion up and table up.
38.gif
Can''t win them all I guess!

Do you have any favorite stores?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I didn''t expect you to return AND with pictures. Thank you! Some posters promise pictures but after a few weeks, I still don''t see any eye candy.
25.gif
Jim seems to have selected a pretty blue sapphire and set it exceedingly well as usual; smooth even bezel with the stone set as low as possible.

brightblue

Rough_Rock
No-I am brand new at this but I want to get a pretty for a bezel necklace I saw on this forum. It was from Etsy. It sounded like you went to our local shop and pick some up and sent them to another PS''er. It was that thread that prompted me to go check out SW. That, and a local jeweler I was talking to about creating my ring suggested I go there to source a sapphire. I am a "born and raised" as well-there aren''t a lot of us around.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! And I have the same ring but my sapphire is round. Congrats!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
THAT is an amazing sapphire! Nice . . .
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 10:49:17 PM
No-I am brand new at this but I want to get a pretty for a bezel necklace I saw on this forum. It was from Etsy. It sounded like you went to our local shop and pick some up and sent them to another PS''er. It was that thread that prompted me to go check out SW. That, and a local jeweler I was talking to about creating my ring suggested I go there to source a sapphire. I am a ''born and raised'' as well-there aren''t a lot of us around.
Awesome. Yeah, that would be Clairitek, although I did help out KatyWI as well (I don''t think she ever posted a link?). Let us know if you need any help with anything, and of course, I''m around locally, as well as Skippy (although she has been posting less these days), and MonkeyPie.
1.gif

pocadot

Rough_Rock
Wowee! That is gorgeous! I especially love the detail on the bezel!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Love love LOVE your ring! I hope to own that setting one day. James Meyer is one talented fellow! His son, Caleb, is also very talented. I''ve been into his shop a few times to ogle his engagement ring collection (even though I already have a ring and am married).

Date: 6/22/2010 11:28:31 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 6/22/2010 10:49:17 PM

No-I am brand new at this but I want to get a pretty for a bezel necklace I saw on this forum. It was from Etsy. It sounded like you went to our local shop and pick some up and sent them to another PS''er. It was that thread that prompted me to go check out SW. That, and a local jeweler I was talking to about creating my ring suggested I go there to source a sapphire. I am a ''born and raised'' as well-there aren''t a lot of us around.

Awesome. Yeah, that would be Clairitek, although I did help out KatyWI as well (I don''t think she ever posted a link?). Let us know if you need any help with anything, and of course, I''m around locally, as well as Skippy (although she has been posting less these days), and MonkeyPie.
1.gif

Freke did save the day by sourcing those stones for me. It would have taken forever to buy them all from eBay since I don''t have a decent faceted gemstone shop around here. The Etsy jeweler is DanielMJewelry, in case you want to find that necklace! They are wonderful!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone! And the ring! Heirloom! Congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results