shape
carat
color
clarity

My new e rings!! Insurance--- PIC''S!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hi guys~ I have been learning so much from your site & it helped with my decisions on my new rings. So, thank you!!

My story is this. I lost my first e ring set! I was SO upset!! We looked everywhere (they were lost at my work) to no avail. My first set was a white gold channel set with a .71 G SI1 center diamond. It was beautiful & I was always so proud of it.

Anyways, luckily I had them insured so I had to go through their jeweler. Which I was not happy about at all when I first found this out. I felt that a check should be cut for the appraised value & I could go anywhere to replace them. Well, apparently their replacement value is far less. Blah! Blah! Blah! So, I ended up going through their jewler. Alterman Jewelers in California. They were SO nice & worked with me until I found exactly what I wanted. I LOVE THIS RING!! I was able to go bigger with the diamond b/c I learned its ok to go down a grade in color. So, this is it!!

.93 H SI2 in a shared prong setting. The set is around .50 G VS2 on my 4 1/2 finger. Hopefully the picture will show up!

P1020753 (2).JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you lost your set.
39.gif

But, it looks like you found a beautiful substitute! Very pretty and sparkly, congrats!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice!
31.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty set!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely set! Glad that there was a happy ending to your story!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! I''m glad you found a lovely ring set to replace your previous set!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2007 1:49:05 PM
Author: DMBsGirl
Lovely set! Glad that there was a happy ending to your story!
Ditto! And your new set is beautiful as well.

Thanks guys. Just goes to show you, have insurance on your rings!! You never know what could happen. I will NEVER take these off!!

P1020757 (2).JPG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry you lost your first set.
7.gif

But I''m glad that you''re happy with the new set. It looks just lovely in that last photo!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous new set! YEA for INSURANCE!!!!!! I, too, was fortunately covered on a stone break, I will never go a day without my rings covered now!
36.gif

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
hi sorry to hear about your loss but congrats on the new set!
can I ask how you lost your ring and what your insurance company is?
did you take them off to wash your hands or something?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy cow that diamond looks massive on your wittle fingies! It''s gorgeous!
30.gif
I''m sorry to hear about your first set, but the new one is just beautiful, good job!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your new set is beautiful!!! Looks like it sparkles like mad!
Sorry you lost your first set, but this one is gorgeous!

Thanks!! It does sparkle like crazy!! Im a teacher but I was helping in the kitchen at school. I had to do dishes & wear those rubber gloves. I took my rings off b/c I cant stand the way it feels with my rings when I have gloves on. Anyways, I put them in the apron pocket or my pants pocket. By the time I noticed I never put them back on was later on that day when I was at home. We looked everywhere!! We dug through the trash, washing machine, etc. I can''t help but wonder if someone else found them first. I was SO upset b/c I was worried my story was not going to end up as good as it did. You never know with insurance companies!! We have Farmers Insurance & luckily it worked out. I was really worried b/c my diamond was not certified so how could I really prove that I had a beautiful diamond. Luckily the jeweler seemed to understand that the diamond I had was truely beautiful & I expected its substitute to be as well. They were great!! I can finally breath again!

p1020784 (2).jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Thats a happy ending! Its stunning!!!
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Nice new wedding set! Glad you got such beautiful replacements. Just under a carat is such a great size!
36.gif

I lost my ring last year and also had decided to go bigger by dropping a color grade. I think that makes so much sense. Fortunately, my ring turned up again.

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/6/2007 3:13:58 PM
Author: Diamonds make me happy!
Thanks!! It does sparkle like crazy!! Im a teacher but I was helping in the kitchen at school. I had to do dishes & wear those rubber gloves. I took my rings off b/c I cant stand the way it feels with my rings when I have gloves on. Anyways, I put them in the apron pocket or my pants pocket. By the time I noticed I never put them back on was later on that day when I was at home. We looked everywhere!! We dug through the trash, washing machine, etc. I can''t help but wonder if someone else found them first. I was SO upset b/c I was worried my story was not going to end up as good as it did. You never know with insurance companies!! We have Farmers Insurance & luckily it worked out. I was really worried b/c my diamond was not certified so how could I really prove that I had a beautiful diamond. Luckily the jeweler seemed to understand that the diamond I had was truely beautiful & I expected its substitute to be as well. They were great!! I can finally breath again!
oh wow what a story...i''m really glad everything worked out in the end. this just reconfirmed my rule to never take my rings off when i''m not home!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Ooh! Soo sorry you lost your original e-ring set, but your new set is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!
36.gif

Date: 8/7/2007 2:24:08 AM
Author: whenharrymetsally
Ooh! Soo sorry you lost your original e-ring set, but your new set is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!
36.gif

Ditto. The new set is beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results