shape
carat
color
clarity

My new e-ring and rave about Judith Arnell

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

samii

Rough_Rock

I am new to this forum, and since I can''t share the news with anyone at home (Australia) just wanted to share my future engagement ring. My boyfriend and I were staying in Portland for a few days and I had seen an advertisement for Judith Arnell Jewellers - so dragged him in as punishment for making me go to so many outdoor stores.

I just fell in love with one particular ring, and my lovely boyfriend bought it for me for when the time comes for him to propose. David from Judith Arnell was brilliant and would thoroughly recommend anyone going into the store even just to admire the beatiful pieces. Considering we probably looked like travelling time wasters, David was both gracious with his time and friendly - encouraging us to have fun in the store and even getting me to try on a $300,000 ring.

In the end, we even had Judith come out to show us from a distance what the ring would look like in comparison to others, David standing outside to show us what it would look like in natural light and under normal lights (not just halogens that make a lot of things look brilliant). It was an amazing experience, and the lack of pressure on us to buy clinched the deal.

We ended up with the engagement ring, and two matching wedding bands being made. I am so excited!

Anyway, it is a Christopher Designs, 1.53 ct crisscut emerald, color grade J and clarity VS1. The mounting is set with 40 round brilliant full cut stones of various sizes with a total carat weight of 1.10ctw. Average clarity grade VS/SI, average color grade H/I. The wedding bands will have 10 diamonds in each weighing approximately 1.00ctw for both rings, with the same color and clarity as the mounting.

I can hardly wait to have it on my finger

30.gif

samii4477e-1.jpg

samii

Rough_Rock
And another..

samii4477e-2.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Welcome & congratulations, Samii!
36.gif
9.gif
36.gif

Your ring is beautiful! I can''t wait to see pictures when you actually get to put it on your finger!

Thanks for sharing!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! I can''t wait to see pics when you get it :)

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Heh...So how long will you have to wait...nice ring!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Wow a crisscut! Congrats! Setting is beautiful, too!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is stunning!!! W
30.gif
W!!! Congrats!!! Can''t wait to see the hand shots!!!

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a breathtaking ring! I''m not usually a fan of emeralds, but i LOVE it in that setting! Hope you get it soon and hope you come back with pics!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s so beautiful, samii!!!!!! I bet it will be super hard for you to wait to get that baby on your finger!! Hope your BF takes pitty and makes it quick!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Holy crap! That''s probably one of the prettiest rings I''ve seen on this site!
30.gif
3.gif

Congrats, and welcome!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
samii, gorgeous selection!
I love the contrast between the Crisscut and the Rb''s.

You have to post bunches of pictures when you get it.
Very, very nice!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous. Can''t wait to see it.

Linda

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring! I hope that your wait isn''t too long!

samii

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all the compliments - I hope it won''t be too long either but I am lucky to have the boyfriend I do so that is really all that matters. Am very excited and can''t wait to see what it looks like with the bands on either side.

I don''t think the photos really do it justice, my bf lets me look at it under lights any time he thinks I''m getting homesick in the hope that the sparkles will make me feel better.

Now I just have to save up and buy the matching earrings
30.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
OOOOHHH! I saw that ring at a jewelry trunk show just yesterday. I think you will really love it! Def. a lot of style & quite unique. The frame of diamonds looks really cool next to the sparkly crisscut.
36.gif

Can''t wait for the handshots!

lauraannc

Rough_Rock
Samii, congratulations! My FI purchased my ring from Judith Arnell as well. I wish I had known you were coming to P-town we could have shown you all the kickin places to hang out (other than REI and Columbia Sport). The ring is wowzers!

samii

Rough_Rock
Thanks Laura :) I am in love with JA now and have my eye on a pair of earrings to match - I was like a kid in a candy store.

We''re actually driving around the US for 4 months, and are 6 weeks in so any suggestions people have are welcome :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 9:10:35 PM
Author: samii
Thank you for all the compliments - I hope it won''t be too long either but I am lucky to have the boyfriend I do so that is really all that matters. Am very excited and can''t wait to see what it looks like with the bands on either side.

I don''t think the photos really do it justice, my bf lets me look at it under lights any time he thinks I''m getting homesick in the hope that the sparkles will make me feel better.

Now I just have to save up and buy the matching earrings
30.gif
HaHaHaHa!

Samii, I love your choice. It is a beauty.

When I saw the yellow highlighted phrase, I thought ''good, this one has her priorities in order, planning a marriage not an just her engagement''.
THEN, I saw the green highlighted bit and thought ''Now, this girl has her priorities straight!'' - Welcome to PS!
9.gif

31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Any thoughts on what kind of band you would like? Is there a matching one?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 12:44:58 AM
Author: samii
And another..
That really is very nice! Unique with an old-fashioned vibe; looks lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results