shape
carat
color
clarity

My new digital microscope/camera came today!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And it is sooo awesome. I have been scoping all my gems. It goes right onto the monitor so I dont have to strain to see through an eye piece. Shows 10x-140x

Here is a pic I took with it. It is a bunch of copper
needles in one of my mozambique tourmaline. They are not eye visable, but when taken under 140x magnification.....

copper needles.jpg

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And my 2.5ct paraiba tourmaline from mozambique..doesnt have as many, also not eye visable.

copperneedleskspt.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I saw such a camera in my appraiser''s office. How expensive are they?

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
Tropic, can you post the make and model number of the microscope and, if possible, the price?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And a pic of my favorite tanzanite at 60x

tanzaniteksps.jpg

Sal from Cal

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks for sharing. Can''t believe that it didn''t cost more considering the usefullness of it.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very cool. Have tons of fun playing with it and sharing photos with us!! TFS

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Wow -- you are an awesome bargain shopper! Looks like nice quality zoom and pictures - thank you for sharing. I''ve been looking at the dino-lite 311t and 411t, which are really similar to what you just got, but the price ($150 or $320) has been holding me back. Is there anything that you don''t like about the Celestron? Would you mind posting links to the other gem equipment that you get?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I especially like the first picture; it’s really cool to see such detail of interesting inclusions in photographs.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tropic,
Thanks for that link!! I love the new pic in your avatar too.

Can you take a picture of something green with it? If you have time, or if you have a really green gem. I''m at a loss with green.

That''s a great buy!! Love your new photos, thanks again!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I might have to get me one of these
30.gif

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The ONLY thing I dont like about it is it has a low frame per second rate, and that makes it hard to learn how to focus in the begining. But after you get the hang of it, its nothing.

Green...I have my fav paridot and demantoid...

paridotksps.jpg

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My demantoid. You can see the horsetail in it now :D.

demantoidksps.jpg

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And a close up view of a diamond ring, to show how crisp of pictures it takes.

diamondring2ks.jpg

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
TL, this is the greenest I got, a .3ct chrome diopside. I had to dig it out cause I forgot I had it! LOL. Its one of my first gems, so it isnt the prettiest. But it shows green well.

chromediopsideksps.jpg

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Waaaay cool! Love the pics. Noticed your avatar change, maximum GEM!!!!

Cannot wait to see your postings of pics with it! Thank you for sharing.

Liked those rutile pics too!

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks!! Thats actually the exact same tanzanite as my last avatar, but my other one was taken with my cheap digi camera. I have my lot of paraibas comming in next week, and I CANNOT wait to scope them!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for the "green" pictures Tropicgal. I appreciate it. The new pictures of your gems are so much cripser and clearer.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TG, you are on the warpath! The quality of the stones you buy is getting better and better, you got a degree, got this mic/camera, are designing jewelry. Pretty soon, there will be top-rate gemologist or jeweler born! And to think of it, you are only 23!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/27/2010 5:01:16 PM
Author: RockHugger
And a close up view of a diamond ring, to show how crisp of pictures it takes.
Great photos and your new avatar is wonderful. Your ring looks a lot like mine except it has PC.
36.gif

RevolutionGems

Shiny_Rock
Tropic/Hugger-

I checked this out and I really want to get one buit it looks like it is PC only.

Could you look at the system requiremnts and see if it supports Mac? There was no mention of it on Amazon.

gingersnap

Rough_Rock
This... is awesome. I love these close up shots! Consider yourself officially stalked
27.gif

(at least on PS)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results