shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Demantoid!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I got it and took pics...then Dave wisped it away to wrap it...
29.gif

But here it is! It has small horsetail inclusions under 10x loupe. Pretty much inclusion free other then that. It is .69cts. The listing says its russian. It has a PERFECT green color. No brown or yellow other then when it flashes.

demantoid0998.JPG

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And another.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OOps pressed the wrong button. Heres the other pic.

demantoid8643.JPG

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! It''s obvious how much it sparkles even from photos. Are you thinking about setting it, or just keep it loose?

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! What a fabulous Christmas present!

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/10/2009 1:54:55 PM
Author: ma re
Very nice! It''s obvious how much it sparkles even from photos. Are you thinking about setting it, or just keep it loose?
I actually want to make this into a pendent.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 2:20:54 PM
Author: Tropicgal10

Date: 12/10/2009 1:54:55 PM
Author: ma re
I actually want to make this into a pendent.
I think it would make a lovely pendant! Any settings in mind yet?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Pendant is a good idea since it''s a softer stone. I''d suggest setting it with the long side (widest part) facing up and the tip facing down. Since it''s quite small you can easily consider a halo of some sort, or (example) get a simple setting and suspend a tiny round diamond on the tip of the demantoid. But the issue might be finding the setting regardless of design, since the stone is not a calibrated size and not exactly a standard shape, so going custom would be best. I''m sure you''ll come up with something nice
1.gif

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t believe he let you take pictures of your gift before Christmas. Dave is quite thoughtful to us PSers (and you too !
2.gif
)

I love that color green in the demantoid, and I look forward to seeing how you end up setting it!

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I will custom make a setting for it. I was also thinking a diamond above it. I have a .25 VS champagne/chocolate (dont know what to call it, it is a deep champagne) diamond that would look awesome with it. The diamond sparkles like mad (I have never seen a diamond sparkle so much) and would look very cool above the demantoid.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2009 8:10:01 AM
I will custom make a setting for it. I was also thinking a diamond above it. I have a .25 VS champagne/chocolate (dont know what to call it, it is a deep champagne) diamond that would look awesome with it. The diamond sparkles like mad (I have never seen a diamond sparkle so much) and would look very cool above the demantoid.
Except I was thinking below, hanging from the tip
1.gif
But it''ll probably turn out great, whatever you do with it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2009 8:10:01 AM
Tropicgal,
Cool, I''m so glad you got the stone and you''re happy with it.
36.gif
Pretty stone.

If you do set it, v-prong tips would help protect it.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
It''s very sparkly and the champagne diamond idea pendant is a good one. What colour gold will you be using?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Prolly yellow. White gold with a champagne diamond and green stone would look tacky.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought you hated yellow gold?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I dont hate it, I just dont like it. In a small basket in a pendent I wouldnt mind it...a whole ring...no way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results