shape
carat
color
clarity

My new colored gems collection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Uhm, before PS I didn''t have a colored gems collection and then I kept looking and I bought one gem from Gary and then I found Mastercutgems and after one huge buy, I now have a collection!
11.gif
18.gif
30.gif

So count me in as an official colored gems addict.

collectionIMG_3019.jpg

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Now let''s play guess the stones :)

collectionIMG_3021.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That was a big buy :)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice Collection, is the bottom left square green tourmaline?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Left side from bottom:

tourmaline
emeralds
spinel
tanzies
spinel
aqua
zircon or topaz
??????

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right side from bottom:

garnet (prob. spessarttite, possibly hessonite?)
umm... kunzite or spinel
pink tourmaline? Malay garnet?
garnet
amethyst

BTW all of my guesses are just that, and should have been accompanied by lots of ???????'s!

Congratulations on your beautiful new collection!

Condolences on your newly acquired addiction!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great collection! So, one is from Gary and the rest from Dana??

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Wow you really jumped in head first..glad to see you found the great world of colored gems..where variety is king..you have an almost endless possibilities in stones..make sure and post more when you get more..good guesses VRbeauty..

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
The bottom left green is a tourmaline cut by Gary. It looks more like the bottom photo than the top. The top left is a blue topaz from Brazil, probably irradiated, bought for the color before I knew much about colored gems. Everything else was MasterCutGems.

LOLs VRB @congrats/condolences. That sums up how my checkbook feels. And very good guesses.

Thanks AmethystGuy, D&T, and packrat for the compliments and guesses! AG, I both hope I get more and yet am afraid by my appetite for stones. I can excuse some of the purchases because I am making them into presents for friends. As for the rest, that''s sheer indulgence. We shall see how Gollumish I feel
31.gif

Left column:

blue topaz
aqua
color change spinels - I will do a separate post on this.
[[keep guessing]] :)
spinel
emeralds
tourmaline

Right column:
amethyst
rhodolite
pink tourm
[[keep guessing]]
1.gif

spess

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous collection!!! I love all the colors.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful collection!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
YIPPEE....love the pretty colors....thank you for sharing!!!!
36.gif

Lori

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm...

left keep guessing -- iolite sapphires?

right keep guessing -- rose de france amethyst?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Wow you''re doing very well at gem collecting, a beautiful collection!
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AMAZING collection!!
30.gif

I LOVE the one on the bottom right. It''s like a live fire burning!!

How long have you spent collecting these? That''s a serious collection, girl!!
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very nice collection of stones. Welcome to the Colored Stoner club. Have you picked a favorite, or two? I was admiring that amethyst cab on his website. So glad to see it has gone to a good home.
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely collection!

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
*Guilty look* I did not spend very long collecting them. I have been really bad. I went from hardly any to well, a collection.

I bought one from Gary and then a whole slew from MCG in a fit of madness/passion. So many colors, so little time! And someone had already bought up all the pad stock. You should have seen the want list - about 30-40 deep and then I culled them down, didn't even contact Dana before purchasing so I was glad when he told me I had picked some very good stones. Then I got them, and there were no duds in there.

VR, you are getting closer on the oval pair but not there yet. The lavender stone is actually the sapphire. Just looked up what rose de france amethyst is, I hadn't heard that term before.

Thanks kribbie, burberrygirl, FlyGirl, princessplease, Phoenix, LovingGems & loriken. I am very proud of my babies but had to put them in a safety deposit box. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be the spess - I didn't know anything about this gem type before PS and then I saw lovely specimens like that of
Moviezombie. Then decided what I really wanted was a hot burning gem on my finger. My second favorite would be the sparkly pink tourmaline or color change spinel - it's lav/blue but I actually caught a dark pink color, which was an excellent surprise. I am also strangely drawn to the rhodolite - it looks like raspberry or grape jam and has deep sparkles.

The amethyst is going to be a pendant, probably with a WG rope chain. It has a lovely soft purple glow.

Flygirl, I think Colored Stoner is completely appropriate. Someone said MCG is like a candy shop but I told Dana his website is like crack.
11.gif
9.gif

Good lord, there are still things that I want. It hasn't yet been picked through like Barry's site - folks really ravaged the ACS shop for the August sale. Though thankfully, someone has taken MCG's emerald cut spess because it still calls to me. Hopefully that person will share photos!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2009 1:52:04 PM
Author: litebrite

VR, you are getting closer on the oval pair but not there yet. The lavender stone is actually the sapphire. Just looked up what rose de france amethyst is, I hadn''t heard that term before.

Flygirl, I think Colored Stoner is completely appropriate. Someone said MCG is like a candy shop but I told Dana his website is like crack.
11.gif
9.gif

OK... I think I''ve got it. Could that pair of ovals be spinels?

(Thanks, Packrat
2.gif
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lookee-what-i-got-in-the-mail-today.124183/)

Colored Stoner -- I love it! Totally appropriate! But... looking at your beautiful collection, it''s a wonder there aren''t more of us!

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Yes, they are spinels. Can you tell what my fave color is? :)

Thanks for playing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results