shape
carat
color
clarity

My New BGD Blue RB AKA "Time Stealer"

akoya

Shiny_Rock
how did u damaged yr diamond?
i have a 0.5 and dropped it a few times because i am clumsy :wall: i'm not sure if its damaged though but i have a bv watch with black diamond n ... i have one of the diamond chipped in the middle becoz i am clumsy (n i rarely even wear it)

but it sound really amazing to buy insurance for diamonds... how do they judge if its a deliberate or ... clumsy? :???:
have u seen a strong blue fluro? how is it for a I-K or beyond color? ignoring the fact if its going to be milky or not?
does yr ring really looks like that in the 'studio' pic? the h&A image in the setting?
thanks

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Akoya- I can't be sure, but I think I chipped my diamond while bathing my boys. I remember it hitting the tub while I was washing one of the boys and then thinking, "uh,oh". When I sent it to BGD they confirmed that it was chipped.

I am super clumsy so I think that insurance is definitely worth the cost. I don't know how they can tell if a diamond is intentionally damaged or not.

I am super careful with my ring now. I definitely take it off any time that I wash dishes, bathe the boys, during house cleaning and I never wear it to bed. I try to wear it only when I leave the house and to take it off as soon as I come in.

I don't live in an area where I have access to view a variety of diamonds close up, therefore, I don't know what an I-K with SBF looks like. I do know that BGD thoroughly tests all of their Blue diamonds to ensure that they perform optimally and are not milky at all.

My stone looks amazing IRL and in the glamor shots! I am not sure what your question is regarding the H&A's, but the image that you see is taken of the stone that I own.

akoya

Shiny_Rock
Hi Crystal24k!

I was checking back my posts n realised u have replied me! sorry i missed it. I just subscribe to topic so i hope i wont miss it. Still getting a hang of things here. Doesnt know if I can do Private message or not too.

Thank you very much for yr post.

Now, i do think i need to take extra care of my diamond because I am also very hard on things. i can even knock my toes against chairs, my arms against the sliding doors @ home.

I read that you have upgraded from an I to a H. Is there any reason? I am now debating if I should get an H SI1 medium fluroscence or a K with very strong fluroscence. Do you like how the BGB diamond looks under the sun? a tinted blue?

(H&A) ... What i was asking .... for the studio photos taken by BG, do you see those H&A in real life too? with naked eyes?

I was reading someone else post on a solitaire setting by BG. it became slightly loose after a month. No idea what caused it. ie, diamond can turn in the setting. Do you have any issues with yr setting? Do remember to check too since u are also clumsy. lol. i will make it a point to check my jewellery from now on too. If there's any problems, it will be user problem for my case

Thank you! :wavey:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Akoya- My sweet spot for diamonds is G VS. It is a personal preference, just something that I have always wanted- I love all diamonds- LOL. I am color sensitive also. I upgraded from an I to an H because the H was closer to the G. Some people love J's and K's and wouldn't even look at a H or a G. You just have to get the color that you like. Just remember that cut is king.

I do see the arrows in real life, with naked eyes. It is not as easy to identify IRL because the photos are static images and since IRL the diamond is so sparkly that the eyes (my eyes at least) are distracted by the way the diamond dances in the light (hope that makes sense).

I love my BGD Blue! It looks amazing in the sun! My stone takes on a subtle bluish-gray tint when the sun is beaming directly on it.

I have never had a problem with my setting, but I have been faithful in taking it to a jeweler for a check up every year or two.

I hope that I answered all of your questions and that my responses make sense. (I am a bit under the weather today and it seems like my brain is on a delayed feed- LOL)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My New BGD Blue RB AKA "Time Stealer"

I have a bgd setting that's just over a month and half old and no issues with it being loose. But I also don't knock my rings or wear them when I'm using my hands

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular and just make sure you don't have a fender bender while driving and catching diamond fire! Thank you for the hand shots, looks great on you!

akoya

Shiny_Rock
CRYSTAL24K
Thanks. I do understand your clear 'graphics' reply. Imagine what you have done to see the H&A and that sparkles from the diamond distracting/affecting u :dance: If $ isnt a concern, i will go for lighter colors. As i am not prepared to pay so much for a stone *ah hem..* i have to weight my options. I want big stone for my big finger so defintely have to be practical. Thats life. Best to be down to earth n pay for what i can afford

Thanks Ame for the reply too! i probably only can wear it when out shopping

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Perfect name. That made me laugh! Beautiful ring.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Re: My New BGD Blue RB AKA

ame|1422234092|3822015 said:
I have a bgd setting that's just over a month and half old and no issues with it being loose. But I also don't knock my rings or wear them when I'm using my hands

Very good to know, AME!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
azstonie|1422238863|3822065 said:
Spectacular and just make sure you don't have a fender bender while driving and catching diamond fire! Thank you for the hand shots, looks great on you!

Ha ha! I will do my best to drive safely while wearing my e-ring. Thanks for the kind words.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Akoya- Cut is king! Whatever you get, make sure it is the best cut that you can afford :) You can always upgrade in color/size later. Don't go into debt for a diamond. I really want to upgrade my size and was prepared to do so even up until last week, but then when I did our budget for the year I realized that I would cut things too close so my upgrade in size is on hold.

Makeable- Thank you :)

CassiusNZ

Shiny_Rock
Hi OP,

Do you have a video of this stone? im looking at buying a 1.7ct H/VS2 with Med Blue from BG as well.. and would love to see it in all lighting conditions.. whats the cut grade like compared to there signature series?

Thanks a mill! Cass

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Cassius- I would buy another Blue from BGD in a heart beat! I actually had my heart set on a small upgrade this year and was looking at another Blue, but we have decided to wait until our 15th for that upgrade so that we can save up for the size that I want.

I cannot take a video as my stone was just sent back to BGD for a new setting :)

Here is some information that may be helpful when deciding on a diamond from BGD's Blue or Signature line-
http://www.prosumerdiamonds.com/brian-gavin-diamonds-review=.

All the best with your decision!

akoya

Shiny_Rock
Thank you. i am more size sensitive than color LOL
and also cash sensitive!!!! :dance:
i think a medium is okay. there's a video on youtube
google for Brian Gavin Blue. its a H or F , medium.
mine is a strong blue
will update again after i get mine. Thank you! =)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
CRYSTAL24K|1422641423|3824508 said:
Cassius- I would buy another Blue from BGD in a heart beat! I actually had my heart set on a small upgrade this year and was looking at another Blue, but we have decided to wait until our 15th for that upgrade so that we can save up for the size that I want.

I cannot take a video as my stone was just sent back to BGD for a new setting :)

Here is some information that may be helpful when deciding on a diamond from BGD's Blue or Signature line-
http://www.prosumerdiamonds.com/brian-gavin-diamonds-review=.

All the best with your decision!

How exciting Crystal!!! Which setting did you decide on? Please show us pictures when you get it back.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous and the diamond looks HUGE on your finger! :appl:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Sundial- I just sent the diamond over on Friday, so I still have time to change my mind about settings and drive Jamie crazy with hundreds of questions-LOL. I will definitely post photos once I have the finished ring in my hand!

Ricezo- Thank you so much!

akoya

Shiny_Rock
huh u changing yr setting again? they r having a 8% now i think

retrogamer

Shiny_Rock
Any pictures of the fluorescence?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results