shape
carat
color
clarity

My new 2.63 MRB Solitaire from GOG

girlmom

Rough_Rock
Thank you to all the PS'ers who were SUPER helpful in my schooling on diamonds. I came really close to purchasing a WF ACA 2.3 but in the end, paid less for a larger stone at GOG that I am super happy with!

It came via fed ex this morning and when I was dropping the kids off at school, I kept seeing fedex vans and was freaking out that I would miss the delivery!

This ring was a 10 year anniversary gift from my hubby. :love:

2.63 CT

GIA EX EX EX
H color
SI2 (thankfully doesn't bother me in person. I was nervous about this and the color but both are good in person!)
depth: 61.9
table: 57
crown: 36
pavilion: 40.6
girdle: med to slightly thick
culet: none
HCA: 1.8
Med Blue fluorescence (supposedly makes it look like a G)
8.8 mm

Size 4 finger
Setting is from GOG. Wanted the vatche u113 but this one was half the price. The prongs are a little larger than I would have liked but it doesn't bother me too much so far.

screen_shot_2016-04-11_at_1_2.pngscreen_shot_2016-04-11_at_1.pngscreen_shot_2016-04-11_at_1_0.png
img_4484_1.jpgimg_4497_1.jpgimg_4503_0.jpgimg_4505_1.jpg

It's beautiful - Congratulations! :appl:

It looks stunning on your tiny fingers! Congrats! :appl:

Wow, it looks massive on your tiny fingers, congrats!!!!

Beautiful & huge!!!

Girlmom, I'm so glad you finally found your perfect stone! Which setting did you pick?

CareBear|1461255232|4022080 said:
Girlmom, I'm so glad you finally found your perfect stone! Which setting did you pick?

Thanks!! I ended up going with a GOG setting that cost way less than the Vatche I wanted. The prongs are a bit large IMO. What do you think?

Thanks everyone!!

Totally stunning! Congratulations! Would you mind sharing some side views of the ring, and perspective shots?

Skhii|1461256972|4022098 said:
Totally stunning! Congratulations! Would you mind sharing some side views of the ring, and perspective shots?

Thanks! I will definitely post side views when I can..hopefully later today! What are perspective shots?

Wow!! That looks HUGE on your tiny fingers - CONGRATS!! [emoji322][emoji322]

holy MOTHER it looks huge and beautiful!!! congrats!!!!

Beautiful diamond and setting! It looks huge on you! And I think it's really smart of you to get a bigger, unbranded stone for less money!!

Gorgeous and it does look really really big on you. The prongs would bother me a lot. I had similar prongs in my first two settings. Hated it so much I had to get a reset from victor Canera. Worth every penny to me ;)

O M G that is a gorgeous huge sparkly diamond! What a fabulous anniversary gift :love:

Wow! Happy anniversary!

Wow, wow, wow!!! Your ring is huge on your finger and is gorgeous!

Beautiful! Looks very large on your hand!

I don't think the prongs are bad. They are probably bigger than the really pointy, thin ones we are used to seeing on PS. But they look pretty normal to me. Enjoy your new ring!!

Your new ring looks beautiful! If the prongs really bother you, they can always be shaved down a bit to not be so prominent. However, the whole ring is new so you might want to wear it a bit before making a final decision on the prongs.

We'll look forward to many more pictures - are you taking these with an iPhone?

It looks HUUUUGE and you have tiny fingers so it looks like a 3 carat! It is beautiful!!

Do you keep looking down at it every chance you get? What are you thoughts now after the upgrade, sacrificing color and clarity for cut and carat?

Congrats, beautiful and huge !... :love: :appl:

Wow, beautiful and HUGE!!! :love: It looks great on your hand!!!

Gorgeous and it looks totally humongous on your petite hand and big kudos for purchasing at an amazing price point :love: :love: :appl: :love: :love:

girlmom|1461257763|4022102 said:
Skhii|1461256972|4022098 said:

Thanks! I will definitely post side views when I can..hopefully later today! What are perspective shots?

Perspective photos are photos shot at a further distance (e.g., an arm's length away or more).

GOG are great people! your stone is honking gorgeous, great coverage, love it.. happy 10 years! :appl: :appl: :appl:

:love: :love:

Why does it look like a 5 carat on you?!?!! It's beautiful, congratulations on a stunning ring!! :appl:

And happy 10th anniversary!!

:love: Now wonder you are happy! That ring - and diamond - is sooo nice on you Perfect match :-) Congratulations on you anniversary!

At the airport waiting for a delayed flight so posting a few more pics! Yes they are all iPhone pics although for some of the closer up shots, I did use a lens attachment for the iPhone.

I will respond to people's individual comments when I get a chance. Thank you so much for your super nice comments!!!

image_676.jpg

image_686.jpg

image_674.jpg

image_681.jpg

image_687.jpg

image_688.jpg

Laila619|1461270557|4022168 said:
Beautiful diamond and setting! It looks huge on you! And I think it's really smart of you to get a bigger, unbranded stone for less money!!

Yes I think so but reading all the super happy wf aca customers, it does make me wonder how sparkly and amazing the stones really are. I've never seen one in person!

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP