shape
carat
color
clarity

My new 2.537 K SI1 ACA

Jopdrop

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I recently got engaged while on holidays with my now fiancé while I was on holidays in Japan. I wasn’t expecting it to happen so soon and was already wearing my 2.03 E I1. I took this off for the rest of the holiday to avoid looking like Liberace. Unfortunately my well meaning fiancé put this ring into our checked luggage for the flight home. Upon arriving home we discovered that the ring had been stolen. The diamond wasn’t anything amazing by PS standards. I bought it second hand for an amazing price about 7 years ago. It was almost eye clean other than a feather that didn’t really bother me.

I decided to see the silver lining and started looking at a super ideal around the same price range to replace it. I definitely didn’t want to go down in size so I have been looking at lower colours for this purchase. I appreciate diamonds of all colours so this isn’t an issue for me. Although I do have a handful of other low colour rounds so eventually I will upgrade in colour.

Now that I have put the deposit down on the stone I’m happy to share it here with you all. I haven’t decided on a setting for it yet. I would appreciate any idea you all may have. The previous diamond was still in the original woman’s 6 claw setting because I hasn’t settled on a style to reset into. I don’t like men’s rings that are overly chunky and I’m not limiting myself to bezel settings. I’ve attached a terrible photo of my yellow diamond ring for reference.

I ended up making a second large jewellery purchase and have put both on layaway so I won’t have this stone for another couple of months unfortunately. At least it gives me plenty of time to plan the setting.
003F955A-3AFC-4A99-9CE0-F5E6DACC51F1.jpeg

Attachments

• D3C0C86F-9601-4D5E-9A2F-C0D60B9E74A6.jpeg
    D3C0C86F-9601-4D5E-9A2F-C0D60B9E74A6.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 1C3D15F1-9B77-40D0-A402-BEED151F8877.jpeg
    1C3D15F1-9B77-40D0-A402-BEED151F8877.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 1CC04D0C-1C6F-4E84-8F84-82A2ACD01554.jpeg
    1CC04D0C-1C6F-4E84-8F84-82A2ACD01554.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 3A91942D-3173-498D-8BE1-D61B420DA42A.jpeg
    3A91942D-3173-498D-8BE1-D61B420DA42A.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 130C21C0-1DAD-46FE-8CB7-7E777D4B8B35.jpeg
    130C21C0-1DAD-46FE-8CB7-7E777D4B8B35.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 92

Jopdrop

Shiny_Rock
Trade

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement, and condolences on the loss of your ring. Is the beautiful yellow diamond your engagement ring? If not, what does your engagement ring look like? (And what is your objection to looking like Liberace? ;-) )

Jopdrop

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Congratulations on your engagement, and condolences on the loss of your ring. Is the beautiful yellow diamond your engagement ring? If not, what does your engagement ring look like? (And what is your objection to looking like Liberace? ;-) )
Thank you! No, I made that ring as a farewell to the trade. It was the last ring I ever made. I will probably pick it up again one day. Most likely part time though as I find what I do now far more rewarding.
These are our rings, mine is the Cartier. The new ACA will be set into something that will be my proper engagement ring and the Love ring will become my wedding band or a more casual alternative for situations where a big diamond isn’t appropriate. I work a lot with some very underprivileged people. C705DB57-6288-4342-B3AE-B29A300644F9.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your new ACA diamond! So sorry to hear that your former ring was stolen; so awful to think of staff routing through everyone's luggage! Did they take anything else?

At any rate, you will have a beautiful new diamond coming your way! Hope it helps to ease the disappointment of the theft.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Got it.
Congratulations on your engagement! The ACA looks heavenly! Does your fiancé get an engagement ring too? What will it look like?

One advantage, as I see it, of the advances in lab diamonds and simulants is that it no longer goes without saying that big sparkly things = tons of money, so one can mayyyyyyybe get away with wearing them in more contexts than before? Maybe not. (I'm so sorry the thief didn't assume the ring in your luggage was costume and leave it alone!)

Jopdrop

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Congratulations on your new ACA diamond! So sorry to hear that your former ring was stolen; so awful to think of staff routing through everyone's luggage! Did they take anything else?

At any rate, you will have a beautiful new diamond coming your way! Hope it helps to ease the disappointment of the theft.

Thank you! It is fairly common. All checked luggage arriving in Australia is x-rayed so it is very easy and quick for baggage handlers to reach in and grab jewellery. Nothing else was taken luckily. We only really had clothes and art in the checked luggage other than the ring.

Got it.
Congratulations on your engagement! The ACA looks heavenly! Does your fiancé get an engagement ring too? What will it look like?

One advantage, as I see it, of the advances in lab diamonds and simulants is that it no longer goes without saying that big sparkly things = tons of money, so one can mayyyyyyybe get away with wearing them in more contexts than before? Maybe not. (I'm so sorry the thief didn't assume the ring in your luggage was costume and leave it alone!)

Thank you! His ring is the True band. I think he will pick a second ring at some point to alternate with his current band to reduce wear on that piece. He doesn’t like flashy jewellery though so it will be something understated.

Yes that is true! I’m usually pretty good at picking stimulants on others but lab diamonds are a lot trickier. Unless they have a weird tint it’s impossible. Most of my friends are opting for lab grown stones in their rings.

Unfortunately I put the ring in the Tiffany box that my partners ring came in. Whoever took it probably thought they hit the jackpot with a Tiffany solitaire . At least they left us the box .

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new ACA! Sorry to hear about your other engagement ring.

Hope you find a lovely setting to go with your wedding band!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! I'm so sorry to hear about your stolen diamond, but love that you're looking on the bright side. Please share pics of the finished ring if you can, you and your other half have glorious taste!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results