shape
carat
color
clarity

My new 2.05 solitaire and eband

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

summergreen

Rough_Rock
This is my first time posting pictures so bear with me!

summergreen.JPG

summergreen

Rough_Rock
Here is another. The eband has 7 pointers for a total of 1.74 carats. The solitaire is D color, eband F & G. I''ll try to get some better shots.

summergreen2.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yes, yes more pics--is this new? Tell us more about it....

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are gorgeous. More pictures please.

summergreen

Rough_Rock
Yes - I had the stone. The eband and setting are new. I''m starting to think that the double prongs on the solitaire are too much and I should have gone with single prongs. Your thoughts? I also like to wear my plain wedding band for sentimental reasons but I''m not sure which to wear on top of which.

I''ll try to take better pictures outside later today.

summergreen3.JPG

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Oooh yes, tell us more please!

I like the way you have your rings ordered now, but do you have photos with wedding band on bottom or top?
And I can''t tell about the double vs. single prongs - I think you need to post more photos
2.gif

summergreen

Rough_Rock
Here is another one with the wedding band on top. I think I like it the other way. I''m a perfectionist to the max and I am not happy with the double prongs. I think they are too big - all I see are prongs, not the diamond. What do you think?

summergreen10.JPG

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Good job posting the pictures!! Yea! You deserve a gold star!!

I love all your rings. Your solitaire is quite lovely! What a lucky girl you are! Take us more shots!!

DKS

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woooo I love your setting... I had double prongs before and also thought they were a little big... However, I think you ring looks WONDERFUL!!! I too love to wear my plain wedding band... Silly but there is just nothing like it. I also struggle with how to wear them.. Either way you posted looks nice. Avril wears her eternity on the front and her plain band in the back :) WOOOO

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Nice set for sure! I had double prongs..oh about a month ago, and they were BIG too..hideous actually! LOL. Your ring looks so delicate!

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/18/2007 10:00:16 AM
Author: summergreen
Here is another one with the wedding band on top. I think I like it the other way. I''m a perfectionist to the max and I am not happy with the double prongs. I think they are too big - all I see are prongs, not the diamond. What do you think?

It looks fine w/ the w-band on top, but I think I also prefer the other way.
Your double prongs don''t really bother me (I think your ring looks great
5.gif
), but if they really bother you, you''re the one that has to wear it...

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely ring, summergreen! I like your prongs the way they are.. they make your round look a bit cushiony and antique. Thank you for sharing!

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty!

Now is the plain band a ''spacer'' ring? I see you''re wearing in different configurations...

jeannie

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set! I like your wedding band in the middle. As for the double prongs, it''s not noticeable in the pictures but it could be because it''s a little blurry. Do you have more pictures to share? Ultimately it''s up to you. What look do you love? If your think the double prongs are overpowering, then maybe you should reset it?

summergreen

Rough_Rock
Jeannie, the plain band is my wedding band - I like to wear it for sentimental reasons but I guess also as a ''spacer''.

Snlee, is that your set in your picture? Your eband fits with your solitaire so nicely. How big is your solitaire and what size pointers are in the eband? I''m still not sure if I like my preportions - the solitaire is 2.05 and the eband has 7 pointers. I don''t like the way my eband is wider (finger to finger) than the rest of the set but the jeweler said that couldn''t be helped because of my ring size (6.5). Would using smaller stones in the eband help with that? I guess I''m still getting used to how it feels on my finger. I plan on wearing the eband alone with my wedding band a lot. It''s just easier since I''m a new mom.

Thanks,

Summer

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set! As for the double prongs...I think that it is just such a personal preference, so if they are bothering YOU, then you should change them.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2007 8:07:45 AM
Author: summergreen

Snlee, is that your set in your picture? Your eband fits with your solitaire so nicely. How big is your solitaire and what size pointers are in the eband? I''m still not sure if I like my preportions - the solitaire is 2.05 and the eband has 7 pointers. I don''t like the way my eband is wider (finger to finger) than the rest of the set but the jeweler said that couldn''t be helped because of my ring size (6.5). Would using smaller stones in the eband help with that? I guess I''m still getting used to how it feels on my finger. I plan on wearing the eband alone with my wedding band a lot. It''s just easier since I''m a new mom.

Thanks,

Summer
Hi Summer, my solitaire is 1.23 and my eternity band is 3 pointers. It does take awhile to get used to wearing a shared prong band. I think the 7 pointers look great next to your 2.05. If you have smaller melee, the width of the band may be thinner. However, if you plan on wearing your eband and plain band together (which I think would look great!), I''d keep the 7 pointers because I love how substantial the band looks on it''s own.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woooo I like the 7 pointers :) Try the eternity band on the top ........................... WOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results