shape
carat
color
clarity

My new 1ct Band, The wife''s ring that''s getting replaced, and the Valentines Day Alexandrite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DUTCHSWAN0311

Rough_Rock
I finally have some pictures! I still cannot find the memory card for my cameras, but I managed to use my HDV Camcorder and then capture some stills.

My wedding band was stolen from the gym last year, so my wife let me replace it with the 8 stone 1tcw shown below. The band is 18k white gold.

My wife's current wedding ring is a 0.3 Carat/H/SI1 (Uncertified) with who knows what proportions. It's actually not a bad setup, though I paid only $1,000 for it 10 years ago, and it really does not sparkle as much as you expect a diamond to. This ring is being replaced with a 1.042ct/I/VS2/ACA-H&A solitaire from White Flash.

The third ring is the decoy Alexandrite ring I purchased for her about 6-7 years ago for Christmas. She never wears it because it is too big. So I told her I would get it resized for Valentines day so that she can wear it. Now I know her ring size and the new wedding ring will arrive on Tuesday!

This is the ring that is being replaced.

weddingrings02.jpg

DUTCHSWAN0311

Rough_Rock
Alexandrite Decoy resize Valentines Day Present

alexandritering01.jpg

DUTCHSWAN0311

Rough_Rock
The new diamond that will replace the old.

newdiamond123.jpg

DUTCHSWAN0311

Rough_Rock
The 1ctw 8 stone band I got last year to replace the stolen one.

weddingrings03.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are all lovely, and I am happy to hear that you figured out a plan to get her ring size, good job!

missmg9

Rough_Rock
wow! they look great. let us know how it goes. she''s going to love them!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2008 6:32:42 PM
Author:DUTCHSWAN0311
So I told her I would get it resized for Valentines day so that she can wear it. Now I know her ring size and the new wedding ring will arrive on Tuesday!
I''m digging how conniving you are! Excellent...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2008 10:23:31 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Aw, you''re too sweet! How wonderful!!!
face23.gif
Ditto! What a wonderful surprise!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are lovely. She will be delighted with them.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
You are amazing. I can hardly wait to hear the end to the story. Please put up pictures when the ring arrives, and tell us when you give it to her. She is going to be soooooo surprised and excited!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Your wife will be more than thrilled!! Beautiful stone and the setting is perfect for it!!! Good for you for taking this initiative. What an awesome husband you are.
36.gif

And I read your saga on trying to get her ring size. Very cute and sweet!
1.gif

And please let us know what her reaction is when you present her the ring... I`m a sucker for romance.

Cachette

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results