shape
carat
color
clarity

My Nana''s ring: close-ups!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Today I managed to get some close-ups of my Nana''s ring (original thread here: Heirloom Three Stone Ring. While they''re nowhere near what you guys are able to achieve, they are better than what I had before. How on earth do you guys get such good pics? I am in awe!
9.gif

Ok so here is a close-up of the centre diamond. Apologies for the lint on the side there, I swear I cleaned it before I took pictures! No way I was gonna break that PS law!
2.gif
And still it ends up fuzzy...
20.gif

nanasring_closeup_resized.JPG

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Are those... wonky arrows...?
33.gif

nanasring_mysteryarrows_resized.JPG

Delster

Ideal_Rock
I think it has an open culet?

nanasring_culet_resized.JPG

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Flower shot. I got my wisdom teeth out last week and some friends sent me beautiful lilies and roses!!!
9.gif

nanasringflowershot_rezised.JPG

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Ha ha! The poor little ring almost disappears in that great big lily!!!

Last one - her wedding set. This is how most Irish women wear their rings - wedding ring; engagement ring; and eternity ring (often given on a significant anniversary or on the birth of a child). Eternity rings as wedding rings are still rare.

And with that I''ll rest your eyes!
1.gif

handshotset_rezised.JPG

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I think your pictures turned out great! (The Lily is beautiful!)

How old is the ring?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful rings--thanks for sharing!

cheers--Sharon

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh how beautiful! Your grandmother had wonderful taste
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Delster, you are so sweet; I love you nana''s ring!!! Thanks for sharing!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Delster, what a pretty heirloom! Have you taken it to an appraiser to know what you''ve got there? I''d do that and also take it to see if the prongs are secure, etc. I''d love to see more hand shots/close ups...Looks like OMC/OEC but cant tell by the photos...Set your camera to the "portrait" function (the little face icon) and see if that doesn''t help get better close ups of those facets!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. I love antique rings!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful! I can''t wait to see more pictures..

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Oh it''s lovely! I absolutely LOVE antique jewelry - there''s always a story to be told and that''s my favorite part.
1.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely ring, Delster! It''s hard to capture diamonds on camera, especially old cuts which are very reflective. I think a lot of Pricescopers just have a gift with cameras
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/17/2007 10:46:04 AM
Author: surfgirl
Delster, what a pretty heirloom! Have you taken it to an appraiser to know what you''ve got there? I''d do that and also take it to see if the prongs are secure, etc. I''d love to see more hand shots/close ups...Looks like OMC/OEC but cant tell by the photos...Set your camera to the ''portrait'' function (the little face icon) and see if that doesn''t help get better close ups of those facets!
Ditto, it''s beautiful, and definitely get that baby appraised and make sure all your prongs are secure. Thanks for sharing the eye-candy!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Delster, thanks for sharing your nana''s rings....they''re beautiful and you''re a lucky girl to have heirloom pieces!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 9:42:18 AM
Author: Sophie
I think your pictures turned out great! (The Lily is beautiful!)

How old is the ring?

Thank you!
1.gif
The ring is about 70 years old.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal: thank you, and you''re very welcome!

musey: thank you! Yes, she did have beautiful taste
1.gif

Skippy: thank you! You are very sweet too!
9.gif

Tacori: thank you! I love your ring, it''s so unusual and I love blue sapphires!
9.gif

k9muttlover: thank you! I put the story behind the ring into the other thread
1.gif

Diamond*Dana: thank you!

DiaDiva: you''re very welcome! Yes, I am very lucky
1.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Delster, what a pretty heirloom! Have you taken it to an appraiser to know what you''ve got there?
Thank you so much!

I''ve had trouble finding an appraiser. Most of the mid-range jewellers I''ve been to have refused to appraise any diamond not bought from them. Grrr
38.gif
. The rest want to send it to England for six weeks. Eh, no. I found one cheaper kind of place that would do it in-house but there''s an eight week waiting list, then they take your ring off you for six weeks (?!?) and the charge is then a flat €60 PLUS another €10 (or something like that) per .10 of carat weight. I refuse to agree to those terms so I won''t send it there. The high end Grafton St jewellers in Dublin operate a similar policy and are even more expensive.

In the end I found a guy who operates an online diamond site in Ireland and he is GIA trained. I''m waiting for him to get in touch to set up an appointment for him to look at the ring. I like that this guy charges flat rates - €100 for any diamond up to 1ct and €150 for anything bigger. Seems fairer to me!

What a long reply! Sorry! Now this...
Delster, what a pretty heirloom! Have you taken it to an appraiser to know what you''ve got there? I''d do that and also take it to see if the prongs are secure, etc. I''d love to see more hand shots/close ups...Looks like OMC/OEC but cant tell by the photos...Set your camera to the ''portrait'' function (the little face icon) and see if that doesn''t help get better close ups of those facets!
...I will do my best to oblige with!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
monarch thank you, I will do!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 8:18:52 PM
Author: wolftress
Lovely ring, Delster! It''s hard to capture diamonds on camera, especially old cuts which are very reflective. I think a lot of Pricescopers just have a gift with cameras
2.gif

Thank you! I''ll keep telling myself it''s the glittery diamond that''s to blame for the poor photos, shall I?
5.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 1:19:57 PM
Author: Stephanie
It''s beautiful! I can''t wait to see more pictures..

Well since you twisted my arm!!!
2.gif

Rainbow!

nanasring_rainbow_resized.JPG

Delster

Ideal_Rock
And some FIRE! Well, a little bit...
1.gif

nanasring_fire_resized.JPG

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Another handshot for surfgirl

nanasring_handshot_rezised.JPG

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Last one... my orchid shed its last flower today, poor thing!

nanasring_orchid_resized.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
awwwe, beautiful! Thanks for more pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results