shape
carat
color
clarity

my Namibian spess. pendant is on the way

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Peter Lees sent me an email - the pendant he has made for me has been shipped. He surely works fast! I asked him to take merchant''s pictures just because I am impatient to show/see it and also because of my notorious photography skills.

2715FrontNoFlash.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is taken in bright light

2717FrontFlashPS copy.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
What a cool pendant! Crasru, what is the spess mounted on? It looks so glowing orange too.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is called "aura" - basically it is a concave polished gold disk - and there is the reflection of the stone in gold. I believe I asked for WG (unusual for me) because the stone is so orange but YG is OK, too. He mailed it out so I hope to get it soon. I think the whole process, from my first contact till him finishing the job, took about 3, maximum 4 weeks.

2725Side.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very unique and awesome. It's great to be able to have the colour reflect off a shiny disc back to the eye. If you don't mind my asking, did the vendor provide any proof that the spessartite is indeed Namibian? It's not easy to find clean Namabian spessartites.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought the spessartite from Marc Sarosi and he provided me with a merchant''s certificate. It is not clean, in fact it is SI, but "concave" faceting helps to maximize the brightness. It is really neon!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool! I believe you when you say it is neon because it's glowing all the way here. Do you know what type(s) of inclusion(s) they are? I know Marc is a very upstanding guy.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really unique and beautiful. What a nice spessartite!! It appears to be slightly sleepy, which Namibians are known for, and also helps with their glow. I think it's a gorgeous stone.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/8/2010 9:34:25 PM
Author: Chrono
Cool! I believe you when you say it is neon because it''s glowing all the way here. Do you know what type(s) of inclusion(s) they are? I know Marc is a very upstanding guy.

The certificate says, "Classic "sugar" type inclusions". I believe Peter''s supplier mentioned the same when he saw the stone.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh! A vivid orange, sleepy glowing stone WITH a color bowl to intensify the effect... all I can say is WOW. I have seen some of those AGTA entries with the "color bowl" but this is really stunning. I recall that stone quite well from africagems and I am so glad a PS''er got it and did it justice with such a fine setting. I hope you enjoy wearing it.

-SS

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! I have to say that this is one fabulous, unique pendant. I hope you will take in real life photos whenyou get it.
36.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, what a unique heirloom piece. Beautiful. I like the design.

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous and a great design
18.gif
18.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats a great design for the stone! love it!
36.gif

-A

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
That is awe inspiring Crasru!
30.gif
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!
36.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is beautiful! Honestly one of the most gorgeous pendants I have ever seen.
30.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your kind comments. It means so much to me coming from you - owners of spectacular stones and jewelry. I am impatient to get the pendant. I know my photography skills are horrible but I have bought a tripod so some things may be easier. I still have to find the best lamp, so all ideas and suggestions are welcome.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasru,

That is a beautiful pendant. Could you tell us the size and carat weight of the stone. Classic, classic- Did you come up with the design? Thats an heirloom.

Thanks,
Annette
I''m going back to look at it again

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
very cool!!!

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what an absolutely incredible effect, what a fantastic way to exploit the colour of a stone! I want something like that!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that came out really great! I love the two tone look.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2010 11:18:57 AM
Author: smitcompton
Crasru,

That is a beautiful pendant. Could you tell us the size and carat weight of the stone. Classic, classic- Did you come up with the design? Thats an heirloom.

Thanks,
Annette
I'm going back to look at it again
I have to look at the certificate.
No I did not come up with the idea. It is in Peter Lees website - it is one of his award-winning pieces. What is interesting, though, that when he asked me to choose a piece of jewelry that I liked (he has many in his website - rings, pendants, what not. I believe Kismet's pendant is featured there, too), I immediately pointed out his award-pieces!
He hias these auras in many colors.

I especially like his promptness and business-like manner. He told me the basic price, drew several versions of the stem , this is how much with diamonds, these are the sizes we can do...And shipped it back I believe in 10 days after he got the stone.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2010 11:51:33 AM
Author: Kismet
Wow, that came out really great! I love the two tone look.
Kismet,

Special thanks to you. You recommended him to me. I guess I should ask you for other references, too. You have impeccable taste, and SUCH rings!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool setting! Really suits the stone. Hope you love it and take lots of photos when you get it.

Very nicely done!!
21.gif

Sal from Cal

Rough_Rock
Trade
Very unique as well as beautiful and the color just grabs your attention. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a fantastic design. When I looked at your first picture I thought it was a Spess set into a sort of orange gemstone (perhaps fire opal) and I was fascinated to see that actually it''s a reflection! That''s soooooooooo cool! Is the Spess fixed or does it articulate do you know? It looks very substantial, do you have any idea how big the pendant it from top of bale to bottom of pendant?

Superb design and I think you''re going to be very very happy with it.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is spectacular!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful! It absolutely glows, and I love the setting. I also thought it must be set in another gemstone such as fire opal. I didn''t imagine that it was actually the reflection of the spess on a polished gold surface! It is such an interesting design element.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Great colour.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/9/2010 11:18:57 AM
Author: smitcompton
Crasru,

Thanks,

Annette

I''m going back to look at it again

Looked up the ct. weight - it is 3.62 cts, size - 10.29 x 8.03 x 5.99 mm. I think the aura is about 18 mm.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results