shape
carat
color
clarity

My Mini Upgrade from Good Old Gold!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
First of all, I'd like to give thanks to both Jonathan at GOG and Sheerah at Whiteflash for their exceptional customer service while I was trying to make my decision. I would not hesitate to recommend either of these vendors to anyone!!! In the end, I chose slightly larger 1.73 SI1 J AGS0 stone seen here: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/3798/

I recieved my new stone from GOG yesterday!!! I was pleasantly suprised to see all of the documentation that accompanied my new stone, including an Isee2 certificate, AGS certificate, Gemex report, Sarin report, Diamcalc report, OGIFireTrace report, and digital pictures including a magnified pic, pics under the Hearts and Arrows viewer and DiamXray viewer. It was all packaged together nicely in a folder.

I was a little nervous about the J color (my old stone is a 1.51 SI2 I VG cut), however, when I opened the box I was thrilled to see that this stone faces up nice and white and even from the side it appears there is no discernable difference between it and my I stone with regard to color. I was thrilled to see with my own eyes that this stone is truly completely eye clean from ALL angles. One of the things that really bugged me about my old stone is, that while it weas eye clean from the top, you could easily see inclusion from the side. This puppy is crystal clear
emteeth.gif

I've been wearing the stone in it's temporary holder around the house along with my old ring and comparing them under various lighting conditions. The new diamond is definitely brighter and more sparlkly! I can't wait to see what it looks like in it's new setting (http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=3581 ) Unfortunately my new setting won't be ready for another couple of weeks.

In the mean time, I'm attaching a couple of pics of the stone in it's temporary setting. I'm off to the post office to mail my old rings off to Bill at Pearlman's to sell on consignment.

Again, I couldn't be more thrilled with my new diamond! I do believe this will keep me satisfied until I can afford that 2+ ct stone of my dreams!

BCring.JPG

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Another

BCrop.jpg

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Last one until it is in it''s new setting!

bcropp.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
wooHOO! Gorgeous stone! Can''t wait to see it in it''s new home!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone. Congrats!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!! Congrats!!
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!! I can''t wait to see it once it''s set!
36.gif
36.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
That is beautiful! Congrats. Best of luck selling your "old" rings too!
Can''t wait to see the new setting
36.gif

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous Stone! Congrats!!
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Welcome to the Thrilled and Happy J/SI Club!!!
36.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was just as thrilled when I first saw my J coloured diamond!

Yours is beautiful, congratulations on your mini upgrade!
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Can''t believe it''s a J-it''s so white! Congratulations.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I just adore the new stone, amd forgot to add that I went from a 59% table down to 56.33% and I am realling loving the difference!!!
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very exciting!!!
36.gif
Your stone is beautiful!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone, you must be so excited! I look forward to seeing your new bling all put together!

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
CFongratulations!!!!

Am I right in saying the smaller table will be more firey?

It looks amazing and I think you did very well for a `mini` upgrade!
36.gif

It looks very big on your finger and I cant wait to see the new setting!
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, it looks delish!! Can''t wait to see it set.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YIPPEE!!! Its a beaut!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone and great size! It''s going to look lovely in your new setting!
36.gif

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your soon-to-be-on-your-finger upgrade! I am anxious to see pictures -- as I am awaiting a finished 10-year anniversary upgrade in several weeks and I chose a setting very similar to yours. Also - I chose 10 point size stones for the setting and the matching band like yours will be -- so I look forward to seeing how yours turns out. I am having a local custom jeweler make my pieces, but I seriously thought about the set you chose from Signed Pieces because I had heard such good things about their work. Anyway -- congrats on your beautiful rings and I look forward to seeing the hand shots when you receive them!Very exciting! It''s hard to wait, isn''t it?
5.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2008 10:35:00 AM
Author: 3shebabes
I am awaiting a finished 10-year anniversary upgrade in several weeks
*tiny threadjack*

I have been wondering where you and your gorgeous stone were. Can''t wait to see it!

*threadjack over*

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your new stone looks like a stunner! Cant wait to see it set!
18.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2008 10:35:00 AM
Congrats on your soon-to-be-on-your-finger upgrade! I am anxious to see pictures -- as I am awaiting a finished 10-year anniversary upgrade in several weeks and I chose a setting very similar to yours. Also - I chose 10 point size stones for the setting and the matching band like yours will be -- so I look forward to seeing how yours turns out. I am having a local custom jeweler make my pieces, but I seriously thought about the set you chose from Signed Pieces because I had heard such good things about their work. Anyway -- congrats on your beautiful rings and I look forward to seeing the hand shots when you receive them!Very exciting! It''s hard to wait, isn''t it?
5.gif
How exciting, 3shebabes! Yes, it is hard to wait! I want it all put together so I can start wearing it!!! My old set (in my avatar) has 13 point stones and the setting is a little on the bulky side, so I am oh-so-anxious to see this one all put together!

How long until your''s is ready???

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Oh, there is nothing as fun as an upgrade! Yours is just so beautiful! Enjoy!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
ImpatientOne, your new stone is G*O*R*G*E*O*U*S!
30.gif
So.............can you tell much of a size difference???? I''m anxious to hear what you think, since the 1.75 range is about the only thing I am in the ballpark of anytime soon. I have a smaller table on my current stone and it IS a much different look, very fun and so glad you are happier with the clarity!
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it looks stunning! What a gorgeous diamond! I can''t wait to see the finished setting! I am also curious about the size difference...is it noticeable? And what are the measurements of your old stone vs. this new one? Not that I''m interested because I want an upgrade or anything...
12.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2008 8:45:26 PM
Author: Jenn5504
ImpatientOne, your new stone is G*O*R*G*E*O*U*S!
30.gif
So.............can you tell much of a size difference???? I''m anxious to hear what you think, since the 1.75 range is about the only thing I am in the ballpark of anytime soon. I have a smaller table on my current stone and it IS a much different look, very fun and so glad you are happier with the clarity!
36.gif
Jenn5504 - YES, I can see the difference in size! It''s not huge, but definitely enough for now! My daughters really noticed the size difference.

There''s a beautiful 1.77 SI1 J on Whiteflash''s site: http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-584855.htm if you''re looking - Looks pretty good to me!!!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2008 11:59:19 PM
Author: thing2of2
Wow, it looks stunning! What a gorgeous diamond! I can''t wait to see the finished setting! I am also curious about the size difference...is it noticeable? And what are the measurements of your old stone vs. this new one? Not that I''m interested because I want an upgrade or anything...
12.gif
It''s about a .5 mm difference. The new stone is 1.73 ct 7.75 x 7.76 x 4.76 . While I won''t say it''s a huge difference, it''s definitely noticeable to me and my family, even when they are not side by side. I wore the new one around the house by itself today and it definitely looks bigger to me than the old stone. I don''t know if that will hold true once it''s set, but size wasn''t my goal with the upgrade - I wanted an ideal H&A stone and when I first started looking, most of what I saw was 1.5-1.6 cts. I jumped on this one when I found it for the same price of the 1.5-1.6 I''s, and I am thrilled with the results.

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Impatient One, I giggled when I read that you wore the new one around the house today -- I have been doing that since I received my upgrade stone back in the fall! I even try to bend my arm around and look at it as if it was someone else''s hand so I can admire it that way. I''m warped, I fear. I try mine on in the temp "pinch" setting that looks just like yours...and wear it around the house DESPITE the fact that one good knock could send it flyin'' across the room and into an air vent, or something... I can''t wait to see my stone in an actual setting! The setting and band should be ready in 2 or 3 more weeks. My actual anniversary came and went last fall (November 21) and I still did not have my ring - through no fault of my hubby''s - as I COULD NOT seem to make a setting decision. What torture it was! My husband actually told me I was taking the romance out of it by torturing myself (and him!) with too much setting talk. Ouch! So, once this setting is ready and the center stone is set, he plans to be the one to pick it up from the jeweler so he can actually give it to me as an actual ring set this time - when the mood strikes him -- -- and so it can feel like a romantic gesture again! I am secretly hoping it''ll be done by Valentine''s day, as that would be the perfect time for him to re-give it to me!
emsmile.gif
I just hope once I am wearing it, I can refrain from doing that semi-obnoxious-but-we''ve-all-done-it awkward, forced over-use of my left hand while talking in order to make sure others notice the new rings! I know I did it years ago when first engaged (who doesn''t? It is SO exciting!) -- but since I am now 42, I will try to be more grown-up this time! (Or at least I''ll try to be more subtle!)

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 12:50:27 AM
Impatient One, I giggled when I read that you wore the new one around the house today -- I have been doing that since I received my upgrade stone back in the fall! I even try to bend my arm around and look at it as if it was someone else's hand so I can admire it that way. I'm warped, I fear. I try mine on in the temp 'pinch' setting that looks just like yours...and wear it around the house DESPITE the fact that one good knock could send it flyin' across the room and into an air vent, or something... I can't wait to see my stone in an actual setting! The setting and band should be ready in 2 or 3 more weeks. My actual anniversary came and went last fall (November 21) and I still did not have my ring - through no fault of my hubby's - as I COULD NOT seem to make a setting decision. What torture it was! My husband actually told me I was taking the romance out of it by torturing myself (and him!) with too much setting talk. Ouch! So, once this setting is ready and the center stone is set, he plans to be the one to pick it up from the jeweler so he can actually give it to me as an actual ring set this time - when the mood strikes him -- -- and so it can feel like a romantic gesture again! I am secretly hoping it'll be done by Valentine's day, as that would be the perfect time for him to re-give it to me!
emsmile.gif
I just hope once I am wearing it, I can refrain from doing that semi-obnoxious-but-we've-all-done-it awkward, forced over-use of my left hand while talking in order to make sure others notice the new rings! I know I did it years ago when first engaged (who doesn't? It is SO exciting!) -- but since I am now 42, I will try to be more grown-up this time! (Or at least I'll try to be more subtle!)
LOL, 3shebabes! I think we all do that, but I took it one step further and had both of my daughters try it on so I could see how it looks on someone else's hand, lol. And I'm 46 years old, about to be 47! In all reality, their ring sizes are a good 2-3 larger than mine, so it really wasn't a realistic representation of what it would look like on me
9.gif
But hey, it looked nice on them, so I'm assuming it will look even nicer on me
31.gif

My dh is currently deployed to the Middle East and will be coming home for R&R in March. He'll be here for our anniversary, so I'm hoping to have the ring done before he comes home!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results