shape
carat
color
clarity

My Mark Morrell Sunburst!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
A greenish reflection from the grass.

k9grass.jpg

K9

Brilliant_Rock
A fun hand pose.

k9hand2.jpg

K9

Brilliant_Rock
On my hoya.

k9leaf.jpg

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Cool facet reflecting.

k9prism.jpg

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Just because.
1.gif

k9sun4.jpg

K9

Brilliant_Rock
I love how white it looks in this one.

k9white.jpg

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Last one - there are little flecks of blue from the sky in this one but I''m not sure if they''ll show up.

k9blue.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Super pictures! That ring is just so classy and sleek and timeless!!!

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is simply gorgeous, and I love the shots you were able to get of your awesome diamond!! If I hadn''t gotten my particular ring, we were going to go the MM route. It''s just lovely
36.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
18.gif
mmmmmmm, so beautiful. i LOVE it!!! nothing shows off a spectacular diamond like yours better than an MWM setting!!!!

i could look at pics of your ring all day long...... any chance you'll take a request? a whole hand shot?
26.gif
thank you!
1.gif

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m head over heels in love with MWM''s work. You have to peel me off the floor every time I see a new piece, and yours is no exception! Did you get the regular sunburst, or the petite version? If I remember right you said something in your old post about planning to ask him for a more delicate version, and I thought maybe you''d called and done so when he added the petite sunburst to his website shortly thereafter. More pics! More pics!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2007 7:57:40 PM
Author: k9muttlover
Cool facet reflecting.
*drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooools* I want!
11.gif
30.gif

spaceworm

Rough_Rock
I am also curious to see how a petite vs original sunburst looks...

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
While we wait for K9 to answer, here's a little comparison of the regular and petite versions. From her photos, I'm guessing hers is a petite. This is the best I could do from Mark's site as far as matching diamond and ring sizes, so keep in mind there are differences.

ETA: sorry that's so big!

sunburstcompare.jpg

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry guys - just now got around to this.
1.gif

I have the original - not the petite. I have to say, I''m REALLY happy I didn''t opt for the petite. The original is very delicate and really compliments my stone. I think if I had a smaller stone I''d opt for the petite, but for my size stone, the original is perfect.

rainydaze - I''ll do my best to accommodate your request
9.gif

k9handfull.jpg

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Over the knee.

k9handfull2.jpg

K9

Brilliant_Rock
My husband thought my hand looked good while driving.
2.gif

k9wheel.jpg

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Having a little fun with my hand on my head.
3.gif

k9sunhair.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
LOL love all of the hand in action shots!
2.gif
Beautiful ring! Enjoy!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
THANK YOU k9!!!

those shots are perfect, they really show the effect of that gorgeous taper. i've been dying to see a life size shot of that ring on someone's hand, THANK YOU!! you must be in heaven, that ring is BEAUTIFUL PERFECT GORGEOUS!!!! not to mention you have such pretty hands!!

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks rainydaze.
1.gif
I too really wanted to see some "real life" pics - it''s so hard to tell how something truly looks from a close-up. The taper REALLY does show nicely and really makes the stone pop. I had been debating between this and the WF tiffany replica a-la elaineh, but decided after speaking with MM directly, I wanted him to make my ring. He is such a nice man and a truly talented craftsman. It was a bit scary buying something that I couldn''t try on my hand first, but I have no regrets!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My all time fave. MMgood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Any ideas for your wedding band to match that perfect beauty?? I think the question has been asked several times around here (wedding bands for the sunburst) without ever being answered by the actual owners.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2007 1:24:31 AM
Author: ladyciel
Any ideas for your wedding band to match that perfect beauty?? I think the question has been asked several times around here (wedding bands for the sunburst) without ever being answered by the actual owners.

No wedding band for me - I have always preferred the look of a solitaire all by itself. When we got married, my engagement ring was the ring we said vows with. I have a band that I wear when I don''t wear my engagement ring, but they have never been worn together.
1.gif

I must confess however, that the diamond band MM makes to go with the sunburst is killer. Maybe someday if I change my mind I''ll get it. Have you seen the pics on here of that band? https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mark-morrell-wow.63844/

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/21/2007 7:57:40 PM
Cool facet reflecting.
This is a lovely lovely stone. The setting is very fluid and really shows off the stone. Congrats!!
36.gif

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2007 11:00:35 AM
Date: 8/26/2007 1:24:31 AM

Author: ladyciel

No wedding band for me - I have always preferred the look of a solitaire all by itself. When we got married, my engagement ring was the ring we said vows with. I have a band that I wear when I don''t wear my engagement ring, but they have never been worn together.
1.gif

I must confess however, that the diamond band MM makes to go with the sunburst is killer. Maybe someday if I change my mind I''ll get it. Have you seen the pics on here of that band? https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mark-morrell-wow.63844/

Oh, yes, I''ve seen that band and I LOVE it. My only concern with matched bands like that is how they look on their own in cases where you don''t want to wear your E-ring. Of course, an easy solution is to have 3 rings - the set plus a spare plain band for wearing alone, but the sentimentalist in me likes the idea of having just one, "true", wedding band - the one present for our vows.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results