shape
carat
color
clarity

My Low Color Super-Find at GOG!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2007 10:01:26 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

OHMIGOD! What a stunner! Can I borrow it, say, until 2010? I promise then I''ll give it right back......
9.gif
3.gif

cheers--Sharon

3.gif
LMAO

That is one beautiful ring and setting
6.gif
and that is an M
6.gif

*dies* It is just beautiful

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/6/2007 1:12:46 PM
Author: kellyfish
Honestly, I feel like a terrific shopper right now. This ring is sooo brilliant that you can see it sparkle completely across a room. For me, it was a nice compromise in color and clarity with a fantastic price. Going with a vintage type setting seems to make the warmth work in all of the ''right'' ways. I''m pretty quirky, so it being non-ideal is not an issue to me since it is so pleasing to my eyes and sparkly. I guess there are many definitions of beauty & this stone has a happy home! I can''t wait to try her on! Thanks for letting me share my find. GOG and Singlestone are fantastic.
I think your ring looks beautiful. You have used the warmth to your advantage by putting `her` in a beautiful antique setting. I love a happy story where a beautiful diamond finds a new home!!! LOL. And fwiw, I know the sparkle that comes off these warmer stones, it is like a light show. I hope you enjoy this beauty for many years to come!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was considering this diamond a couple of years ago, decided against it, but I ended up buying another which I love! I am glad this diamond has gone to a good home where its unique beauty will be appreciated!

susi

Shiny_Rock
You had me feeling sorry for the stone and then I took a good look at it and thought....WOW.....what a find! Congratulations...!!! You must be so excited.....post more pics when she arrives at her wonderful new home
1.gif

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Someone actually posted a thread about this stone & whether it was a good deal a few months back. It really does break all the rules, but I guess I''m a rebel at heart--rooting for the underdog. I''ll have her by 10am tomorrow morning, so that gives me almost 24 hours to figure out how to take pics without a flash
emcrook.gif
Thanks for all of your responses! I am glad to finally have a SMTR thread!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/7/2007 9:46:56 AM
Someone actually posted a thread about this stone & whether it was a good deal a few months back. It really does break all the rules, but I guess I''m a rebel at heart--rooting for the underdog. I''ll have her by 10am tomorrow morning, so that gives me almost 24 hours to figure out how to take pics without a flash
emcrook.gif
Try macro mode ( flower icon ) on the camera, if outdoors, try to keep the sun behind you. Also rig up a tripod of some sort if you find you are a bit wobbly when taking pics! Also expect out of every 100 or so pics, only a few might be good, apparently it takes practice so keep trying!

and i look forward to the pics!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Kelly,

WOW - I just looooove "her"!!! She''s a real beauty and the setting is perfect for her!!! Can''t wait to see hand shots!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Okay, Kelly....where are those pics you promised? I cant wait to see this ring!!!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2007 11:32:58 AM
Author: Dani
Okay, Kelly....where are those pics you promised? I cant wait to see this ring!!!
36.gif
Yiss!! Have you got ''er yet????
3.gif

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, I''m wearing her as we speak . She came Fed-Ex at 9:30 this morning. I think the camera is in DH''s car. I''ll run by and pick it up & take some pics. The setting is phenomenal. Wow. What a difference the right setting can make.......

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
woohoo.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh!!! Cant wait to see!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, looks pretty so far...I can''t wait to see your hand shots!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a couple of shots. I am just starting to get the hang of taking un-blurry pics--I think I am about 75% of the way there......the first pic is as about as tinted as the stone looks face-up. It can look anywhere from white to candlelight, depending on the environment. Ring size is 4.75.

kellyfish1.jpg

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another shot....I''ll try to find a better setting. I was in a hurry to get a few shots & had my 2 toddlers running around under me. The top of the deck railing was my best option at the moment!

kellyfish2.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic!!! Beautiful ring, and that diamond is huge!!! Love it!!
30.gif
Enjoy!
36.gif

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
More of a full hand-shot.

kellyfish3.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful!!! More pics, please!!!!
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG that ring is gorgeous. I LOVE it!!!

Linda

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on such a unique find!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Here is one more mediocre pic. My photography does not close to doing this ring justice! I just realized how blurry this pic is...sorry!

kellyfish4.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh, geez, your picture-taking skills are like mine.............We suck....
2.gif
1.gif

Someone please help Kelly out....We NEED more closeup, detailed pics!!

Your ring is stunning...I love it!! Hope to have one just like it one day.....
1.gif

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Kelly! It is stunning! I think you found a great stone! I''m so happy for you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/7/2007 9:46:56 AM
emcrook.gif
HI:

Wow! IN looking at it you wouldn''t know "it breaks any rules"! MOre pics please!!

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is fabulous, Kelly! It is just perfect in the vintage setting! I hope you can get some pictures with the macro. I really want to see that stone better!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
errr, I think I was using the macro. hmmm. I''ll work on it tomorrow & will not post any more blurry shots-I promise!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That last one would be perfect if it was in focus. But I''m no photographer either, so I can''t give any advice!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful diamond. It must be a very white M to set it in white metal like that. It looks amazing! Congrats on your find, ya li''l rebel!

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a shot that is a little clearer.....

dayfish1.jpg

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
and one more....

dayfish2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results