shape
carat
color
clarity

my longoverdue engagement thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS ON GETTING INTO MED SCHOOL!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Where at, if I may be so bold (and nosy)?
12.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, sweetpea!! LOVE your ring as it is... but can''t wait to see what the reset looks like!

A Maine coast wedding?? Sounds amazing!!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 11:42:52 PM
Author: vc10um
CONGRATS ON GETTING INTO MED SCHOOL!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Where at, if I may be so bold (and nosy)?
12.gif
thanks vc!!! not nosy at all, people ask all the time :D i got an acceptance to University of New England in Biddeford, Maine. I also learned that a classmate of mine from graduate school also got accepted :)

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely! Congrats to you!!
36.gif

Revana03

Rough_Rock
congrats on such a lovely ring and adorable engagement story...it looks like 2010 has big things in store for you! when you mentioned a maine coast wedding my heart nearly stopped--that is exactly what I would be doing if it was possible! I am from new jersey and the logistics for getting my ginormous family up there just didn''t compute but I still dream about it sometimes anyway....
that being said, my immediate suggestion for you would be Ocean Point, Maine for your wedding. The Wilson Memorial Chapel is actually perfect. It is an old stone chapel with unimpeded breathtaking views of the maine coast. If you time it just right, the sun will set right infront of the chapel over the water. my aunt and uncle were married there nearly 40 years ago and I still swoon over their pictures today. Ocean Point and the entire Boothbay region is my favorite place in the entire world and i cannot rave enough about the friendly people, beautiful scenery, and plethora of reception options. Congratulations again! Let me know if you''d like any recommendations in and around the Ocean Point area--i''d be happy to point you in the right direction.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 1:05:17 AM
Author: Revana03
congrats on such a lovely ring and adorable engagement story...it looks like 2010 has big things in store for you! when you mentioned a maine coast wedding my heart nearly stopped--that is exactly what I would be doing if it was possible! I am from new jersey and the logistics for getting my ginormous family up there just didn''t compute but I still dream about it sometimes anyway....
that being said, my immediate suggestion for you would be Ocean Point, Maine for your wedding. The Wilson Memorial Chapel is actually perfect. It is an old stone chapel with unimpeded breathtaking views of the maine coast. If you time it just right, the sun will set right infront of the chapel over the water. my aunt and uncle were married there nearly 40 years ago and I still swoon over their pictures today. Ocean Point and the entire Boothbay region is my favorite place in the entire world and i cannot rave enough about the friendly people, beautiful scenery, and plethora of reception options. Congratulations again! Let me know if you''d like any recommendations in and around the Ocean Point area--i''d be happy to point you in the right direction.
thank you for the beautiful suggestion Revana! I would love some recommendations. Right now we are struggling with our budget and managing a large guest list for the wedding. We''ve researched different venues which all seem a little pricey and out of our budget, so we decided to hire a catering company to provide a buffet style dinner and find a free space to have our ceremony and reception. This might be a great opportunity for us, please feel free to list some places!

i am still loving my ring and getting tons of compliments. we are hitting some roadblocks with our new setting, but i wouldn''t mind keeping this one, or finding a less expensive non-custom option that will lower the high of the profile (maybe a cathedral setting).

futuremrstildsley

Rough_Rock
Congratulations sweetpea!! I HAD to comment for 2 reasons:

1: Because I am completely drooling over your ring - it is BEAUTIFUL!

2: Because I am also planning a July 2011 wedding on the Maine coast!! We are looking in the Wells/York area for a real southern Maine coast experience! My family owns a beach house in Wells, I''ve spent every summer there since I was born! Interestingly enough, my fiance''s family owned one about a mile down the road in Wells as well, and he spent all his summers there as well! We also got engaged on Drake''s Island Beach in Wells, and it''s pretty much where our whole love story took place, so there''s a lot of history there! There are some gorgeous oceanfront hotels/function spaces in The Wells/York/Kennebunk area that really encompass all Maine has to offer!

Good luck with the planning :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results