shape
carat
color
clarity

my little razor experiment

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I think I''ve been a little too bored since school ended for the semester. I decided to conduct my own little experiment, and thought I''d post the results for you all.*

Premise: With my wedding coming up, I have been all too aware of my thick, dark, quick growing hair on my legs and underarms (what can I say, I''m Italian). So I decided to test out which razor worked best to give the closest shave that stayed smooth for the longest time. I also switched focus to disposable razors, since I realized my nondisposles didn''t have a cap to put on them, and I was planning on taking the winning razor with me on my honeymoon, and I''m a little paranoid that I can''t take a razor without a cap on it on the plane.

The contenders:
Non-disposables:
Venus
Quatro
Disposables:
Quatro disposable
Bic Soleil Pivot
Walmart brand 3 blade purple razor

The Results:
Of the non-disposables, the Quatro gave the closest shave on first use. But after a few days, although it was still close on the legs, I had trouble getting all the hairs on the underarm. This razor was then out of the running.
The Venus wasn''t as close on first use, but gave great long-term results. This is the one I was going to go with for the honeymoon until I realized that it didn''t have a cap, and just snapped into the little carrying case. It would probably be okay, but I don''t want to take any chances with the airport.
Of the disposables, I remembered from past use that I liked the Bic Soleil, but that I had given myself razor burn and knicks with it. The Pivot razor gave a great close shave without these problems. It was a closer shave on first use, but continued to do well over a week.
The Walmart brand razor was also pretty good over a week, but not as close as the Soleil.
The Quatro disposable was the favorite from the start. Unfortunately, although it was great for the underarms, when used on the legs, by the evening I had really rough stubble, worse than with any other razor!

The winner! By far, the Bic Soleil pivot was the best disposable, and the Venus was the best non-disposable. I didn''t bother tested the Venus disposables for monetary reasons!

* by no means was this a real scientific experiment, it''s all in good fun.
1.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
hahahaha, that''s probably more scientific than the other experiments?

Have you ever been waxed? All my daughters friends raved about it, and I used to do my own bikini waxes, back in the day. But before I went on a vacation with my lover (at the time) to Puerto Vallarta, I decided to get a wax on my legs.

Yowwwwzah, that was painful. And it took forever. But it was worth it since I was in a bathing suit nearly the whole vacation. I did still need a good razor though, because the stubborn fine hairs that survive the waxing start to stubble.

I don''t think I would ever do it again, but then again, I don''t know...I try never to say never.

btw, I am a Venus girl.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Bic Soleil is what I use. Just had to say that!
emteeth.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about doing a deodorant experiment.
2.gif
hehe I hate those white marks and the best so far for me has been Mitchum clear gel
41.gif
Now you have me curious what shavers I have. Off to look! eta: I have the Schick Quattro, next time I will try yours as I do notice they get dull after a dozen uses.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Haha! What a very useful experiment! Thanks for the report.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Was it you that did the deodorant test? Anyone have that link?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
IF you put the razor in a bag in your checked luggage, the cap wouldn''t be a problem, but honestly, I don''t have a cap on my razor in my carryon and I''ve never had an issue with it. Just be sure it''s in a bag, preferably see-through so they don''t even have to open it. It''s not like it''s a straight razor that you could use for evil.

Love the experiment though!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Haha, I remember reading the deodorant experiment too! Don''t remember the results though. I''m currently using Secret Clinical Strength, but I think something else turned out better. It seems to do the job pretty well for me though!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
FYI The extra Venus cartridges come in individual packages that I think you could easily use as a ''cap''

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Sabine-Just an FYI about waxing maybe for later (not necessarily before the wedding). I am Italian and have THICK DARK hair-I used to never wax until my sister became an esthetician (free waxes!!!) After you wax a few times the hair grows back sparser and not as coarse. I LOVE IT! Just a thought and thanks for the info on razors!!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
3 words for you.. laser hair removal... Well worth the investment... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results