shape
carat
color
clarity

My Leon 3-stone E-ring is finished!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Did Leon offer you the option of selling your eternity band for you on his website? Maybe that way, you could just have your e-ring adjusted, sell your eternity band and have a smaller band made. I know your wedding is coming up, and you''d probably prefer to have everything together for the wedding, but I''m just thinking about how you might be happy in the long term. Both pieces are so gorgeous on their own but I agree with you - they were meant to be worn together, and you should be able to do just that.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NO OFFENSE to your co-workers, but please let us PS''ers chime in on the issue - pictures please?!

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Ok - here is the first one. I really am not good at taking pictures close-up so bear with me.

ring123 (2)3 (2)2 (3)4.jpg

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Here is a side shot of the e-ring. I don''t like how sharply angled the baguettes are into the band as it makes them look half the size they were and there is less finger coverage. If the band were lower the angle wouldn''t be as sharp. Also, see how he split the shank before the baguettes start - this is not something he normally does.

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
lets try that again

RIng trym.jpg

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Here it is on the finger. It's hard to tell from this picture how big it is cause the band is being hidden by the center stone. I will try and take one more picture from the other angle or straight on so you can see the size better.

He made the e-ring band wider than I originally wanted which I think was done to try and make it match closer to the thickness of the wedding band. I would have the e-ring shank thinned down as it's wider than the smallest part of the baguette and just looks wrong. The whole set looks really thick on my hand.

RIng view 2.jpg

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
This one shows it a little better. I think the thing that my co-workers notice and that I notice is that because the diamonds are larger the eternity band is rather thick out from the hand compared to the e-ring. If it was flusher to the hand I think the wedding band wouldn't look out of place or overpowering to the e-ring.

Ring triii (2).jpg

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
When you went to him did you get any specific plans written up or did you just let him do his thing? I ask because if his job isn''t done to the specs you ordered than he really would be obligated to fix this at no cost to you.

I agree, the wedding band is noticeably thicker than the ering. I don''t think it looks all that bad though. The point is that it isn''t what you wanted...sorry to hear this.

I think that slightly smaller stones on the wedding band would look killer. As it is I still like it a lot.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
I think your set is breathtaking and the wedding band does not overpower the e-ring. Like I said earlier, you need to get used to it, its a lot on your finger. If you were wanting it to sit perfectly flush then that was always going to be a problem due to the shape of you e-ring with the baguettes. IMO the set works well together but its also clearly independent of each other.

I had the same problem when I got my 5-stone, the stone''s are nearly as big as my e-ring and I was really disappointed that it overshadowed it, but I got used to it, my ering doesn''t sit flush because its in a twist style, but its unique and that''s what I love.

I think Leon did what you asked and I think the size of the stones in the band are perfect, he has made you an amazing set which is slightly independent and I think that''s whats bothering you. Wear it for a few months and if you still don''t like it, I''d go for a thicker, chunkier plain setting that will sit completely flush to your band or wear them with a spacer band in between, like Researchers set.

Researchers Princess.jpg

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
y''know, the more I look at your set, the more I love it. it truely is exquisite and unique.

gedean

Shiny_Rock
Personally, I don''t think there''s anything wrong with your set. It''s absolutely gorgeous!
36.gif
You might not be use to it at this point because there is so much diamondage (hehe...i made up my own word!)going on but you might like it after you get use to it. Plus what''s so wrong about having more sparkle anyways hehe....
31.gif

It''s like that whole dss thing that goes on. It seems large at first then after awhile...not so much so.

Try it out for awhile before you make your final decision.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love your set!!! Both the ering and band are gorgeous. I know what you mean about the wband being thicker than the ering band - I looked at putting a shared-prong band with my solitiare, but ended up with channel-set instead because the thickness of the two rings was the same, and that felt more comfortable at the time.

However, I still look at gorgeous shared-prong bands like yours all hte time because I love the blinginess! I think that''s normal for shared-prong bands for most everyone who has them, so you will get used to the look. I frequently wish I had gone with the shared-prong, because of the increased bliginess - I think that in time, you''ll be really happy with the set - it''s incredible!

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
I just looked at the pictures I posted and I think in the pictures it doesn''t look that bad but IRL it looks slightly bigger.

I think the reason I am upset is because the WHOLE reason I got the e-ring reset and paid the money was because my previous e-ring wouldn''t sit flush with a band and I wanted it redone so I could wear it for our wedding together. I then got the wedding band from Leon so he could design around it. Now I understand that the diamonds are too big/deep on the wedding band and it sits far away from my finger so Leon had to make the e-ring to accomodate that by having it sit really high up - but this is not something I wanted. If I had been told this, that the wedding band would be really thick, that he would have to split the e-ring shank and the baguettes would angle so severely, I would have done things differently by getting smaller diamonds like the 3.5 carat tw ones so it sat closer to my finger and the e-ring angle wouldn''t be so high.

Now I don''t know what to do. My wedding is two weeks away and I wanted the e-ring and wedding band to be the ones blessed and worn for the rest of my life. I guess I am under so much stress with the wedding (like the fact that my wedding dress is 4 weeks late and won''t be in until 5 days before my wedding and my florist is being really flakey) that this is one more thing that''s just driving me over the edge.

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
I think the rings look great together. My suggestion would be to wear the rings together since that is important to your fiance and see if the size of the wb continues to bother you. I had problems when I first got married because I thought EVERY wb took away from my ering. I think I had gotten so used to wearing the diamond by itself I thought it looked strange with another ring. If it doesn't break your budget maybe you should also get the plain platinum band the other posters recommended. Once you wear them for awhile you can make the choice of which you like better or you can go lower in carats for the wband.

Good luck.

ETA: I've had, ahem, several redo's and upgrades for my wedding rings and each time I've take the new ring to be blessed by our priest because that was important to me also.
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ultimately, YOU need to be the one that is happy, but I also agree, I think they look great together!

DiamondGirly

Rough_Rock
Look, if he didn''t do exactly what you wanted and you have documentation (or even a good recollection) of the interaction with him you might have legal recourse if he will not fix the problem.

If you aren''t happy don''t stand for this. Don''t listen to people saying it''s beautiful (I think it is too) b/c it doesn''t matter what anyone thinks besides you.

Get this fixed and do it in a way that you won''t spend $

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone. Thanks for all the responses. I really think this whole thing is just getting to me right before the wedding. I want to stress that Leon has been great so far and don''t want to disparage him in any way. I would still recommend him to anyone thinking of using him. His work is beautiful and the craftsman ship is superb...it''s just not what I wanted and not what I thought we talked about. I don''t have the specific details written down on the work order but I do have recollection of what we discussed. I think he tried to do the best in making them fit flush and rather than consult me that the e-ring was going to be modified like it was and that the diamonds on the wedding band were disproportionate, he just went ahead with his vision. It''s not a horrible vision, just again not the vision I wanted and would have chosen.

I am trying to rectify this with Leon. I at least want the e-ring fixed/remade and hopefully we can come to some terms for doing it at cost or something. Once the e-ring shank is made thinner I think the rings will look even less good together and am figuring I will just have to wear them on separate hands
7.gif

DiamondGirly

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 3:32:51 PM
Author: Emeraldfan
Hi Everyone. Thanks for all the responses. I really think this whole thing is just getting to me right before the wedding. I want to stress that Leon has been great so far and don''t want to disparage him in any way. I would still recommend him to anyone thinking of using him. His work is beautiful and the craftsman ship is superb...it''s just not what I wanted and not what I thought we talked about. I don''t have the specific details written down on the work order but I do have recollection of what we discussed. I think he tried to do the best in making them fit flush and rather than consult me that the e-ring was going to be modified like it was and that the diamonds on the wedding band were disproportionate, he just went ahead with his vision. It''s not a horrible vision, just again not the vision I wanted and would have chosen.

I am trying to rectify this with Leon. I at least want the e-ring fixed/remade and hopefully we can come to some terms for doing it at cost or something. Once the e-ring shank is made thinner I think the rings will look even less good together and am figuring I will just have to wear them on separate hands
7.gif
You''re being far more positive than I would be in this situation.

His work and craftsmanship may be nice but if he did not adhere to your wishes than to me that''s unacceptable. You didn''t ask him to make any e-ring he saw fit; you asked him to make your ring. Shame on him for making alterations without consulting you, the end consumer. How difficult is a phone call? If you''re busy, that''s no excuse, don''t take the job.

The only satisfactory solution for me would be a redo based on what I specified originally. That''s what you''re entitled to. Don''t settle for less.

Good luck!!!

wen104

Shiny_Rock
Wow Diamondgirly, that is kind of a negative post. Leon is a very artistic and well known on this forum for his fanstatic work. I think if anything this would have been a misunderstanding! Just a reminder you get futher and accomplish what you need done when your NICE!

Emerald fan,

I think your set is beautiful but I also understand it is not what you had pictured. I am sure that Leon will help to make your dream possible. Be patient and do what is best for you but that is some serious sparklies you have there
31.gif

DiamondGirly

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 4:13:23 PM
Author: wen104
Wow Diamondgirly, that is kind of a negative post. Leon is a very artistic and well known on this forum for his fanstatic work. I think if anything this would have been a misunderstanding! Just a reminder you get futher and accomplish what you need done when your NICE!

Emerald fan,

I think your set is beautiful but I also understand it is not what you had pictured. I am sure that Leon will help to make your dream possible. Be patient and do what is best for you but that is some serious sparklies you have there
31.gif
It''s not negitive. It''s designed to be helpful to the person with a problem.

I don''t care if a Leon has gotten it right 1000000 times. If he took matters into his own hands and screwed mine up, I''d be ticked off. I would never tolerate that situation. You''re paying him thousands of dollars to do what you want. Of course I''d be pleasant initially but if he wasn''t willing to correct the problem at no additional charge than I might have to try another approach.

Try calling your cable company with a billing dispute and being nice...your concerns get swept under the rug. If theOP wants things done the way she wants them done, she might have to get tough. I think that she''s well within her rights to do so.

wen104

Shiny_Rock
Well I dont'' think that it has gotten that far and ya know your attitude kind of stinks. I think in 2 pages of post about her ring she got some good advice but I can say Leon would never bow down to your way of handling the situation and professionalism is most always a good business practice.

DiamondGirly

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 4:51:35 PM
Author: wen104
Well I dont'' think that it has gotten that far and ya know your attitude kind of stinks. I think in 2 pages of post about her ring she got some good advice but I can say Leon would never bow down to your way of handling the situation and professionalism is most always a good business practice.
Wen...

We''re not talking about something insignificant here. We''re talking about someone''s wedding band and engagement ring. I don''t have an attitide. I''m stating that I would not find some of the solutions mentioned to be satisfactory.

Professionalism is my way of life. I''d say that Leon''s unilateral desicion making was not very professional.

Why do you care so much anyway? People on here get so antsy when someone is critical or voices a strong opinion. I''m just saying the OP (not to you) that I would not pay any additional money to Leon in order to get what I paid him to do the first time.

Leon doesn''t have to "bow down" but he does need to fulfill his obligations to a purchasor.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Diamondgirly-

I know you just joined PS, and I have to say, in almost all of your 8 posts so far you just seem like a troublemaker, honestly. Lose the attitude, and you'll get much further in life....Way too negative!

Emeraldfan-

I am sorry that you feel this way about your set. I think its so pretty though, for what its worth!!!! I hope that you can come to some kind of resolution with Leon and that you are 100% happy. Good luck!

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone - you guys are all making me feel so much better about how they look. Thanks cause I needed a little support that all is not lost. My friend did say that they are really pretty and having diamonds too big is really not a bad problem to have
9.gif

Hi Diamondgirly - thanks for your responses. I think its just that Leon has an artistic vision and in most cases trusting him to make it beautiful is the way to go and give him free reign. I showed him pictures of other 3 stone rings that he did that I wanted and explained my modifications and how it was very important that they sit flush and look right together. I can't speak for him but since he knew that I think he went about trying to accomplish it by altering the design which he thought would work. I guess I am trying not to be too upset as he just thought he was doing the right thing. If he had consulted me I would have told him not to do it - but now the ring is made and we can only move forward at this point. I think he is willing to work with me to try and make the e-ring right but as he can't use the e-ring metal again I know he's not going to replace it with a new design for free.

I'm going to live with it over the weekend and then speak with him on Monday about what direction we should head.

DiamondGirly

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 5:09:20 PM
Author: Dani
Diamondgirly-

I know you just joined PS, and I have to say, in almost all of your 8 posts so far you just seem like a troublemaker, honestly. Lose the attitude....

Emeraldfan-

I am sorry that you feel this way about your set. I think its so pretty though, for what its worth!!!! I hope that you can come to some kind of resolution with Leon and that you are 100% happy. Good luck!
"Lose the attitude"

Thanks, Mom. You know what -- don''t read my posts.

I''m suggesting a solution to a serious problem. Sorry I might not be as sweet and pleasant about things as you are. I''m letting the OP know that she shouldn''t settle for less than she expected at the price she expected to pay.

Honestly your post contributed nothing. If I had a problem baseless reassurance would not be what I was looking for.

DiamondGirly

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 5:13:20 PM
Author: Emeraldfan
Hi Diamondgirly - thanks for your responses. I think its just that Leon has an artistic vision and in most cases trusting him to make it beautiful is the way to go and give him free reign. I can''t speak for him but he knew I wanted the two bands to fit together and I think he went about trying to accomplish it by altering the design which he thought would work. I guess I am trying not to be too upset as he just thought he was doing the right thing. If he had consulted me I would have told him not to do it - but now the ring is made and we can only move forward. I think he is willing to work with me to try and make the e-ring right but as he can''t use the e-ring metal again I know he''s not going to replace it with a new design for free.

I''m going to live with it over the weekend and then speak with him on Monday about what direction we should head.
Sounds great!

I hope everything works out for you, I really do! I''m sorry if I sounded negitive but I just don''t think you should give in if you feel like you were right.

If there''s any advice you need going forward don''t hesitate to ask! I really wish you the best and I think that you have a good legal basis for your position. You shouldn''t have to wear your rings on different hands or feel like they''re anything less than perfect.

I love the rings personally, but they aren''t mine. Best wishes!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 5:14:26 PM
Author: DiamondGirly

Diamondgirly-

I know you just joined PS, and I have to say, in almost all of your 8 posts so far you just seem like a troublemaker, honestly. Lose the attitude....

Emeraldfan-

'Lose the attitude'

Thanks, Mom. You know what -- don't read my posts.

I'm suggesting a solution to a serious problem. Sorry I might not be as sweet and pleasant about things as you are. I'm letting the OP know that she shouldn't settle for less than she expected at the price she expected to pay.

Honestly your post contributed nothing. If I had a problem baseless reassurance would not be what I was looking for.

I agree with you that Emeraldfan shouldnt settle. But there is a certain way to say things- you posts just come across as snarky, negative, and immature- and at the end of the day those kind of posts contribute NOTHING. Bottom line.

DiamondGirly

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 5:39:12 PM

Date: 5/2/2008 5:14:26 PM
Author: DiamondGirly

Diamondgirly-

Emeraldfan-

''Lose the attitude''

Thanks, Mom. You know what -- don''t read my posts.

I''m suggesting a solution to a serious problem. Sorry I might not be as sweet and pleasant about things as you are. I''m letting the OP know that she shouldn''t settle for less than she expected at the price she expected to pay.

I agree with you that Emeraldfan shouldnt settle. But there is a certain way to say things- you posts just come across as snarky, negative, and immature- and at the end of the day those kind of posts contribute NOTHING. Bottom line.
Well that''s laughable. This is a negitive situation and I''m trying to let the OP know her rights and entitlements. There''s nothing immature about that. Saying "i''m sure things will work out" and things of the like are immature and overly optimistic.

In the real world sometimes you need to have an edge to you. That''s sometimes the only way to get things done.

Sorry if you were offended by my snarkiness...

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Hi EF,

First of all, your set is stunning; the eternity wedding band and the 3 stone engagement ring are just sublime. I am sorry that Leon wasn''t able to make it to your specifications but I am positive that it can be remedied. I wanted to let you know that I know what you are going through as far as having your set blessed.

When I got married ten years ago, in the Napa Valley
2.gif
, I had 3 rings. A solitaire, a plain platinum wedding band and an eternity band, all of which were blessed by a Catholic Bishop. The blessings of the rings meant the world to me and my husband. You can imagine my surprise when I was playing with my custom made platinum band during my honeymoon and I saw Rachel and John, June 1997. This would have been fine if my name was Rachel and my husband was John and we were married in June, this was not the case. I called the jewelry store and had a fit. They were apologetic and rushed a new casting for a plain platinum band. Once this was received husband and I made another visit to the Bishop who once again blessed the rings.

The 3ctw eternity band that I was married with was lost, my husband had it remade and I never quite accepted the new bamd. We didn''t get the new ring blessed and I hardly wear it anymore. This past March my husband gave me a new eternity band, a 7 ctw platinum rbc uternity to go with my twice upgraded engagement ring which is now a 4 ctw 3 stone ring. My entire set is different from when I got married. The only thing that means anything to me is that plain platinum band.

Have Leon lower your engagement ring head, and have him make a matching plain platinum band. Wear that gorgeous eternity band on your right hand and have all 3 rings blessed when you get married.

At the end of the day, it''s all good and it can be fixed.

Roppongi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results