shape
carat
color
clarity

My last question until 2007 when I intend to buy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Twinning Wisps and Internal Graining

If there is internal graining in the same area as a Twinning Wisp - does this internal graining go through the whole stone in the same way other internal graining does or is it only within the area of the wisp or stress from the Twinning?

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
2007?
6.gif
Are you sure it''s wise to go cold turkey like that?
3.gif

DiamondLil

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2004 8:11:33 AM
Author: diamondlil
2007?
6.gif
Are you sure it''s wise to go cold turkey like that?
3.gif

DiamondLil

Lol I was going to ask that....
Who else would ask such interesting questions?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/23/2004 8
6.gif
4:13 AM
Author:pyramid
Twinning Wisps and Internal Graining

If there is internal graining in the same area as a Twinning Wisp - does this internal graining go through the whole stone in the same way other internal graining does or is it only within the area of the wisp or stress from the Twinning?
Both twinning and graining are the observable results when there is an irregularity in the growth of the crystal structure. One can exist in a diamond without the other necessarily being present however when both are present this does not necessitate that the graining exists in every area within the stone where the twinning does. Of course this is something that can be verified by a gemologist using a microscope with polarized filters.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a small area of twinning with graining, below this there is no twinning so I was wondering if there would be internal graining though as I had heard it runs the whole way through the stone when it is internal.

Maybe I heard wrong?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have the equipment for the job pyramid but would not be able to say without a physical inspection.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rhino.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
anytime girl.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results