shape
carat
color
clarity

My Julia Taylor Key Design

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to EMPTorres and arjunajane, I have reached out to Julia Taylor to have a key pendant designed for me. I had asked her to incorporate my and DH's initials. Both of our first names start with J and the last initial is an M.

Here is the preliminary sketch Julia has come up with. She created it with kind of a nouveau look to it and where the J's crossover the M, she wants to make it more dimensional rather than just laying flat so it looks like they are actually wrapping around the M. I can't believe how creative she is in her thinking and designs!

So what do you think??

Etsy key.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool and unique!

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
I love it.. I really like how your eye is drawn to both of the J''s and M.

Julia did a great job.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE it!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow....I absolutely love it! I love the idea of the j''s wrapping around the m. I think it will make an amazing piece once its completed, and so thoroughly personal! I really really love it!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Fabulous design - I love it! I''m a big fan of the sinuous Art Nouveau style, and I think this really embodies it. Original and gorgeous!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
MakingTheGrade, thanks! I like it too. So much so that I just told Julia to go ahead and begin the work.

Thank you Packrat. While I love the Tiffany original, having something that no one else in the world does, means a lot.

EMPTorres, that is what sold me on the design. I kept a pic up on my laptop all day and every time I looked at it, my eyes went straight to the initials.

Thanks Tacori!

szh, that means a lot to me. I hope DH thinks so too when it appears in the mailbox?? I have a strand of silver pearls that I would like to try pairing it with now and then...

Circe, I appreciate hearing that the key does hit the style from someone who knows. I have absolutely no doubt Julia was delivering as promised but to have it confirmed is always a nice feeling.

Thank you all! It was all of your suggestions to look at Etsy - and Julia specifically - that made this possible.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
I love it; I can''t wait to see it done friend
36.gif

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Thanks SDL! You have such great taste so your words mean a lot to me... I toyed with having her put a sapphire on the bale as AJ had a diamond set on hers but opted for plain for now. The saph would have matched the 2 sapphires I have in my 3 stone wedding ring.

SKippy my friend - thanks - I can''t wait to see it in person either! Julia is going to have another drawing for me tomorrow. It is going to be the same design, she just wants to clean it up a bit.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
I received a cleaner copy of Julia''s design. The head will be smaller than is pictured - more like it is in the original drawing. I have to say that I think she is going to be a kick to work with. Her correspondance is full of life such as when she talks about how excited she is to implement the raised design for the initials.

I can''t wait!

1 Etsy key.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey jm,

I''m loving your design! The raised/three dimensional design will be
very different and exciting to see executed.

Isn''t Julia just so creative and fun?

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
Love the new sketch! I think it is going to look fabulous. Can''t wait to see it.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It gets prettier and prettier the more I look at it. I think it will be a delightful heirloom!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

I got a message from Julia today that the rough work is done. She needs to put it all together and complete the details and finishing work. I can''t wait! Here is a picture she sent to me...

1 rough Etsy key.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh! Very nice JT!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fantastic!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Cool!
That''s looking great already
36.gif

Don''t you love the fun progress pics jm..?

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
I love the initials! That makes it so special and unique!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again everyone! I love it already too... The way the first J becomes the M which becomes the second J is so cool!

Thanks szh07 and D&T!

AJ, yes, I love seeing the progress pics. And I am so relieved that you received your package from Julia. That would have been a nightmare to figure out.

Thanks Beth. I can''t take credit for the initials idea. Someone else had suggested it and I jumped on the bandwagon. I''m glad I did!

18.gif

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Yeah! It is almost done! Julia just has some final finishing to do and will get it out to me soon... It goes without saying - I can''t wait! Here is the in progress she sent me today...

1A Etsy key.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE IT!!!!

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results