shape
carat
color
clarity

My JA Ering is here!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
It's just so beautiful! It arrived Thursday and I've taken pics but my personal laptop is not allowing me to go onto the internet and I can't load pics onto my work laptop!! I'm so sorry- you've all been so helpful that I feel I owe you pics of this gorgeous ring! I'll run to Kinko's soon if I can't get it worked out.

It's the Dahnov E1 setting which is a round pave halo and pave on the 2mm shank. I have VERY big hands so it's a size 8.5. I've seen so many posters say that if you have big hands you need a substantial band but personally, I think the thin band looks much better- it's slightly loose so it doesn't look like "sausage fngers", KWIM? The center stone is 1.09 SI2 I. It's very sparkly and while in some lighting conditions (basically at work) I think I can see a bit of the warmth, only I notice that. Right now, sitting in my living room, there's no perceptible difference between it and the E stones in the halo.

I think my fiancee was a bit surprised that it wasn't more "bling-y" at first- he's seen other women at work show off their sets from mall stores, Jared, etc., and this is very different from those. Once we got out in the sunlight, though, he saw how it sparkled and said, "Oh, yeah, it is bling-y".
31.gif
Then I swear, EVERYWHERE we went women commented on it and asked me about it. One saleswoman at David's Bridal (who had been quite snotty earlier) said, "Pretty ring", and reached over AND TOUCHED MY DIAMOND!!! Argh!! No touching, please- you'll smudge it!
32.gif
Hope I'm not the only one who feels that way.

So now, my dear, sweet man has told me that we MUST get the matching band even though I had planned to just get a plain white gold band to wear with it because I spent so much on the ering. I think he's fallen in love with this ring just as much as I have!

Sorry for the long post but I'm just a bit excited. Thank you again for all of your help- if it hadn't been for you guys, I might have bought the first set I saw at Sam's Club or something off of eBay!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! I am sure the ring is gorgeous and we would love pics when you can!
36.gif
36.gif
Ha - many of us hate greasy stray unwanted fingers on our diamonds, you are not alone I assure you!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
oooooohhhh I am so happy for you!!

Can''t wait to see pics!

congratulations on your engagement!
36.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!!Can''t wait for pics.

laila

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh! So excited for you!!!! I bet it''s gorgeous! Please post pics as soon as you can!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sooo happy for you and can''t wait to see it!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, it sounds gorgeous..can''t wait for those pictures
1.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif
Can''t wait to see the pics.

Argh, the dreaded finger on the diamond. Why do people do that? Grrrrrr.
29.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
He he, I would hard pressed not to yank my hand away.
I hope you computer gets fixed soon your ring sounds awsome!!!

In the mean time here is a little eye-candy from the JA website to tide us over!

E1 Danhov from JA.JPG

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
OOOOooooooh, Chickflick, can''t wait to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting! Congratulations!!!!! What a GORGEOUS ring.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pictures soon, please! We MUST see this beauty! I believe you might be one of the first JA Danhov owners on PS! Yay for FH agreeing to the matching band!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
we need pics!
20.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, that sounds incredible!!! Cannot WAIT for pics!!!! Hurrryyyyy please!!!
12.gif

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
I can''t wait to see it!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results