shape
carat
color
clarity

My ICY WHITE CUSHION!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23.gif
That stone is GORGEOUS! I really liked the picture on page one with the white flower, and kudos on the flower shots! I had a good laugh at the picture (and your commentary) on your dog posing with your ring. It''s just breathtaking.
23.gif
23.gif
36.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Fatafelice - it's stunning.
It's a firecracker isn't it!
Look at all the brillance and fire in the photos! "She's" got quite the personality.
I love the cut of your cushion, the chunky facets with the brillant cut.
It's so white and clean (I can't see anything.) WOW!
I can't wait to see how you're going to set it.
I'm not usually one for simple settings, but I must say it looks really great in the simple high polish setting. It really lets the stone be the center of attention.

CUSHION ENVY!!!!!!!!!!
3.gif

You must be so happy to finally have it on your finger and be offically engaged to your sweetie.
Congratulations!
36.gif
36.gif

Scintillating...

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! It''s stunning!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, shucks, guys...you''re makin'' me blush!
emembarrassed.gif

Thank you SO much for all of the kind compliments. I love being able to share these with people who "get it." Most people I know have been very complimentary, but I can tell they don''t quite know what to make of my ring, because not a single person I have shown it to before has actually seen a cushion -- and most have never even heard of that cut before. And I live in NJ, not the middle of nowhere! I guess PS has really skewed my views on what people should already know about diamonds.
20.gif

Interesting story that ya''ll might appreciate...My BF took my cushion to a local place (Bentley Diamonds) to get a setting and have it set. The owner asked him where he got the stone, then told him that he could tell it was from "the internet," because the cut was terrible, especially that big ugly culet. My BF replied that the cut was exactly what I liked, culet and all...to which the jeweler replied, "Well, she won''t (like it) when she sees it."
29.gif
What a jerk! I was planning on using them for a project or two in the future, but now I don''t think I will!

So, I can take credit for finding a great stone, but I can''t really take credit for the pictures! The camera is a HP Photosmart R507 (4.1 MP). I just put it on macro, turned off the flash (for most of them), and put the focus on "portrait." I really think the light made the difference, and that was pure luck. I just walked around my yard, positioning my diamond until it looked pretty, then started snappin'' away. I did take over 200 shots to get these 40, but I highly reccommend this camera, which I got for $122 on Amazon. For a little more, you can get the kit with the dock, etc., but I already have that stuff since I had one of these before and broke it. Also, I think there is a higher MP vesion that is otherwise exactly the same.

I told FI last night that I felt so glad that I bought the camera and could take all the pics. After so many months on PS it just made it more "official" to be able to post and share it with all of you!

Thanks Again!
35.gif
And you can bet there will be plenty more photos once I get the new setting!

Jenjen

Rough_Rock
That is one beautiful cushion!! Just perfect! And the pictures? I''m swooning! Love all the flower shots. You are a lucky lady!

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
WOW!! Your stone is absolutely amazing. I LOVE the old-style cut!! Seriously stunning. Congratulations to you!!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2006 6:24:53 PM
Author: fatafelice
Aw, shucks, guys...you're makin' me blush!
emembarrassed.gif

Thank you SO much for all of the kind compliments. I love being able to share these with people who 'get it.' Most people I know have been very complimentary, but I can tell they don't quite know what to make of my ring, because not a single person I have shown it to before has actually seen a cushion -- and most have never even heard of that cut before. And I live in NJ, not the middle of nowhere! I guess PS has really skewed my views on what people should already know about diamonds.
20.gif

Interesting story that ya'll might appreciate...My BF took my cushion to a local place (Bentley Diamonds) to get a setting and have it set. The owner asked him where he got the stone, then told him that he could tell it was from 'the internet,' because the cut was terrible, especially that big ugly culet. My BF replied that the cut was exactly what I liked, culet and all...to which the jeweler replied, 'Well, she won't (like it) when she sees it.'
29.gif
What a jerk! I was planning on using them for a project or two in the future, but now I don't think I will!

So, I can take credit for finding a great stone, but I can't really take credit for the pictures! The camera is a HP Photosmart R507 (4.1 MP). I just put it on macro, turned off the flash (for most of them), and put the focus on 'portrait.' I really think the light made the difference, and that was pure luck. I just walked around my yard, positioning my diamond until it looked pretty, then started snappin' away. I did take over 200 shots to get these 40, but I highly reccommend this camera, which I got for $122 on Amazon. For a little more, you can get the kit with the dock, etc., but I already have that stuff since I had one of these before and broke it. Also, I think there is a higher MP vesion that is otherwise exactly the same.

I told FI last night that I felt so glad that I bought the camera and could take all the pics. After so many months on PS it just made it more 'official' to be able to post and share it with all of you!

Thanks Again!
35.gif
And you can bet there will be plenty more photos once I get the new setting!
Fatafelice,

Don't let those type of comments get to you. Some vendor will say just about anything to make you second guess your purchase.
I find that the chunky facets and the culet on your lovely cushion are what give it character and elegance.
The cut just gives the diamond that old world charm.
I love your cushion and can't wait to see it in its permanent setting.

Great pictures!

jewelryjunkie

Rough_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
Mamma mia! That''s a beautiful stone! Thanks for all the great pictures! It''s going to look amazing with a halo, although it certainly doesn''t need a halo to look beautiful.
36.gif
Congratulations on your engagment your new diamond and your new camera.
9.gif

elle

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!Beautiful pics of a fascinating stone - so full of character! Can''t wait to see it in it''s new setting!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
That Bentley Jewelry guy''s comment really ticked me off!! What I have found is that most people who work in jewelry stores don''t know jack about diamonds. Especially cushions, which are relatively rare.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow--your stone is fantastic!
30.gif
I love the chunky facets--it''s so beautiful & briliant! And your photos are amazing as well! Each one is more beautiful than the next! I''m very impressed.

I can''t wait to see your baby in its new halo mounting. It looks incredible in the temp setting...
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Came here from your resetting thread. Just wanted to post that I LOVE the chunky facets and the larger culet. That''s what I like in a cushion too. And I was drooling over these facets and culet BEFORE I read about the nasty jewler.

Again the chunky facets and larger culet really make this stone.
36.gif

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
That is a GORGEOUS ring! I am seriously warming up to cushions! I love the older style cut too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results