shape
carat
color
clarity

My Husband........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
......... at the grand old age of 28 has passed his driving test!!!
36.gif

It was his first attempt and he did really well - only got 3 minors (you are allowed 15 here).

Not only do I not have to drive him to work and back every day - I can send him to the supermarket and stuff too!!!!

So proud of him!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Maisie!

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations for him (and YOU TOO!)... do you mind if I ask why he waited so long?

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to him!!!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2007 12:34:25 PM
Author: blueyes157
Congratulations for him (and YOU TOO!)... do you mind if I ask why he waited so long?
When he was younger he didn''t have the opportunity. When he was a bit older he didn''t really need to (great bus and train services where he lived). When he moved here with me he really needed to learn - so he did.

He was made redundant in March and they offered each person £500 to use for a training course. He chose driving
1.gif

blueyes157

Shiny_Rock
Yeah a good public transportation system can have that effext. Well congrats to him! He can now become an errand boy!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to your husband!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats to your hubby Maisie!!!
36.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yay! That''s great. And if it makes him feel better, I still have no license and have never driven a car, and I''ve passed the 3 decade mark!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great Masie!!!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Great news, Maisie!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
I didn''t get my driver''s licence until I was 22 and had 2 kids. It was a happy day, let me tell you, to have the freedom to gather them up and go!!!
36.gif
36.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Didn''t get my license till 22! Lived in NYC and there was no need to get one, so I stalled.
Congrats to your hubby!
36.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Maisie I am really happy for you both!!! I totally empathize with you, as we seem to be in the same circumstances.
2.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all your replies. I love that I can share things here
36.gif

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Congrats to your hubby Maisie!

My college roommate did not get her license until we were 24. She grew up in NYC and we attended college in a city with mass transit... so she never needed one. Until she decided to attend graduate school in the middle of nowhere. Then she needed one. LOL!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Awhh...good boy!! Take him out for a celebratory ice cream cone!!
emotion-19.gif

DKS

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
That''s great! I''m 22 and still don''t have mine... lol

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I was in my twenties! Sometimes the later (more mature) we are in getting one, the safer a driver we are overall.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to your husband and to you Maisie. Isn''t it amazing the difference in your lives that it is already making??? And isn''t it now great that you can now indulge in an extra glass of wine (or whatever) when you go out as he can now be the designated driver!

I didn''t get my licence until I was 33 - I still have another 10 months to go on my probationary licence (P Plates).

Did your husband go for his manual or automatic licence? Not sure if you do that over there in the UK but here in Australia if you get an auto licence, then during your probationary period, you are not allowed to drive a manual car.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to him!! I didn't get mine til I was 19 or 20, I was in sort of the same situation as your husband. Couldn't do it when I was younger in the country I was living in, and then didn't get a chance when I moved stateside.

My mom just got hers about 10 years ago. It's never too late! I'll bet he feels so great and independent, AND you can take advantage of his new driver attitude "oh driving is so fun!" til it wears off by sending him on all manner of errands.
4.gif

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Mr Maisie!! - I was 20 before I got my license, but that was because I was scared to death to drive....but don''t ask Strm how I drive now - he would say almost as bad as his sister..he declares I tried to kill him on the way to the airport the first time he was here, because I swerved to miss a muskrat...I had control - Don''t know what the big deal was - giggle :}

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Great news Maise!!! Celebrate..

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2007 2:00:59 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Yay! That''s great. And if it makes him feel better, I still have no license and have never driven a car, and I''ve passed the 3 decade mark!

Really?? For some reason, this always fascinates me. I''ve never lived in a big city, so I couldn''t rely on public transportation. City living is SOOOO different than small town living!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops, I forgot to congratulate your husband, Maisie! Congrats to him on this momentous (sp?) occasion!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats to your DH! Driving allows so much freedom PLUS it will make your life so much easier.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie, that is wonderful news! Congrats to you and your hubby! Incidentally, my mother didn''t get her DL until she was 35!!! She had lived in cities her entire life and just didn''t need to drive. Then my parents decided to move to a rural area and she had to learn how...actually she learned before they moved. The instructor just took her out on the FL interstate and it was sink or swim for her very first lesson, she said she was TERRIFIED! LOL!

Myself, I learned how to drive when I was 12, ha. Of course I didn''t get my learner''s permit until I was 15, and then my license when I was 16, but living on a farm I got lots of practice driving a big Ford truck and sometimes my dad''s Cadillac to smush down the mole hills on the lawn, hee hee.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yikes!
I will now stay off the sidewalk!!!!
j/k
congrates!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My grandma didn''t get her license until she was in her 50s. She said she just didn''t need to go anywhere that badly!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah! One less worry for you, he can go about his business now!!!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2007 6:13:51 PM
Author: Sparkster
Congratulations to your husband and to you Maisie. Isn''t it amazing the difference in your lives that it is already making??? And isn''t it now great that you can now indulge in an extra glass of wine (or whatever) when you go out as he can now be the designated driver!

I didn''t get my licence until I was 33 - I still have another 10 months to go on my probationary licence (P Plates).

Did your husband go for his manual or automatic licence? Not sure if you do that over there in the UK but here in Australia if you get an auto licence, then during your probationary period, you are not allowed to drive a manual car.

He decided on automatic. I don''t drive manual so there wasn''t really any point going the harder route!!
9.gif
We will never buy a manual car!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results