shape
carat
color
clarity

My Husband Wants a Watch - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2008 10:15:21 AM
Author: lovewhitediamonds

Date: 4/4/2008 9:07:15 AM
Author: blushingbride
Thanks - I never heard of IWC. I like the look of those!
I think these are out of the 3k range however --
2.gif
Really? If I were to end up paying over 3k, I''d probably considering a Breitling maybe. I need to do a lot of research, but you ladies have been so helpful! Thank you!
5.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/5/2008 1:43:06 PM
Author: ~*kalypso*~
Hi,

Have you looked into Breitling? They''re a bit over $3000 but they are really nice, and a nice watch lasts for such a long time I think. My BF has said he''d like me to get him one as a wedding gift, but not with a leather strap (we''re not even engaged yet so I won''t have to worry for MANY years
3.gif
).

If you want it ''clean'' looking, these might not be the ones for you, but I thought I''d just post a pic and you could decide.

This is the Breitling Professional Skyracer:
Yes, I have - my dad owns 3 Breitlings and I love them, although I wasn''t sure if my DH would like all the dials, etc. The ones you posted are very nice. I think I might go to Tourneau here in NYC and take a look at these in person. In addition, I''ll look into the suggestions posted on this site.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/5/2008 1:11:53 AM
Author: Sparkster
You''ve got the beautiful Tank Watch, why not consider a Ronde Louis Cartier watch (once again not sure of price)
I thought about Cartier too - although he''s never mention liking any of the men''s Cartier watches which is why I''ve stayed away from them. Plus, I believe they''re all around 5K.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/5/2008 11:31:17 PM
Author: diamondfan
Also know that many places will discount or if you buy out of state you save tax. Certain models get higher discounts than others, but it is worth looking into for sure.
Thanks DF - something will definitely keep in mind while researching.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband has an Oris automatic and gets compliements from the watch salesmen in stores. They are more interested in looking at his watch than trying to sell him something.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results