shape
carat
color
clarity

my halo, added on to existing ring

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful! :love: I remember your original thread, I'm happy you took the chance, it came it perfect! It must feel HUGE now! :love:

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
It looks stunning! So glad it turned out and you love it...I really can't tell it was ever "not" a halo. Enjoy your new/old set!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow it looks great! They did a great job :)

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - I remember this thread and the responses - and am so glad you found a way to make it happen! It looks awesome - congrats! Quest are geniuses and I'll keep them in mind for any tricky jewelry repair/making! :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it turned out beautifully!!! :love: How wonderful you were able to use your original ring! I'm really glad it worked out so well for you, it's gorgeous!!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, Quest did an amazing job! It looks fantastic!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
totheleft|1336613423|3191701 said:
KaeKae|1336590686|3191346 said:
Amazing! I love that you were able to do this.
Since my reset, three years ago, I've had this nagging little regret that I didn't go for the halo. I wonder if it could be done on mine? Maybe I need to make a quick trip to see the jeweler who did my reset. Thanks for the idea, and enjoy that gorgeous ring!

Hi KaeKae, as you can see, the head on mine was sort of "seperate" from the rest of the ring, so he was able to pop it out and put in a new (haloed) head. He also took down the tapered shank, put the top diamond at the bottom of the main band (thus making it look like there are more diamonds on my band), etc.

I love it. It also feels much lower to me, which is a weird unexpected side effect, since the top of the diamond is close to the halo (before it felt like it was miles above the shank!). I don't dislike that - just feels more secure but less high.

Not sure where you're located, but Pete/Quest Jewelers are well-respected here on PS and they're located in the DC area (northern VA - they ship, but I'm lucky to work 2 miles from them :)

Thank you for that extra info! It does look like the shoulders of you shank were not attached to the head of your original ring. Mine are, d
so I have a feeling that would be a problem. I still may stop in and see my jeweler next time I'm in the area. It's time for a cleaning and check-up, anyway! Thanks again.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's pretty remarkable. The before and after made me take a total double-take. They did a very seamless job of that and I wouldn't have thought it would turn out so well but it really did. AND your stone really comes alive in that halo doesn't it? Great transformation.

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
that is a brilliant design~ to have a halo yet enables the WB to sit flush!! Dream come true.. Nice design!

totheleft

Rough_Rock
KaeKae|1336864072|3193988 said:
Thank you for that extra info! It does look like the shoulders of you shank were not attached to the head of your original ring. Mine are, d
so I have a feeling that would be a problem. I still may stop in and see my jeweler next time I'm in the area. It's time for a cleaning and check-up, anyway! Thanks again.

Good luck! :) Another option might be to have them use the same metal/diamonds in a new setting.

totheleft

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1336880650|3194132 said:
That's pretty remarkable. The before and after made me take a total double-take. They did a very seamless job of that and I wouldn't have thought it would turn out so well but it really did. AND your stone really comes alive in that halo doesn't it? Great transformation.

Thank you Gypsy - I have a lot of respect for your knowledge/opinion so your positive feedback means a lot!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results