shape
carat
color
clarity

My great-grandmothers wedding set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
My mom has this now. sigh... At some point it will be mine!

Specs:
Center Stone:
3.65ct round brilliant
color h
clarity SI-1
fluorescence: weak orange
Baguettes:
.23ct each
color g-h
clarity vvs

The "tiara" wedding ring has 13 straight cut baguette diamonds, weights between .0325ct to .07ct, color F-G, clarity vvs

ericarring1.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I love how simple this looks from the side.

ericarring2.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Great vintage look.

ericarring3.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I was drooling over the sparkle.

ericarring4.jpg

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
What a great heirloom. It is a beautiful piece! I am so happy for you that you still have it.

All of my family''s pieces [on both sides] pretty much disappeared during the wars [WWI and WWII - we are European]. There is virtually nothing left. It is a huge loss.
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
wow, orange flourescence, never heard of it! How interesting...
It''s beautiful.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Wow- I love that setting!
how old is it?

Do you know for certain that it''s a modern round brilliant?
I am wondering if it could be a transitional cut stone (as that''s what my stone is and it was my husband''s grandmothers- Ted Baer estimates it was cut in the late 20''s.)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Awesomely beautiful rings!!!! I''m sure your mom is enjoying them. At least, I hope she is!
36.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
The ring was actually my great-grandfather''s second wife''s. It was originally purchased in 1960 for a whopping $5,000.

I got the cut info from the valuation my mom had done a few months ago, so beyond that I don''t know much about it. My mom really loves it though - she wears it almost every day. I tried to drive off with it today but sadly she caught me.
39.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
For some reason I can''t edit my post above.
38.gif

I double checked the paperwork and the ring was originally purchased in 1955. The solitaire was new at that point, but the tiara wedding band was marked as "Art Deco Vintage". I wish I had more info.

The photos don''t do the stone justice. It is so incredibly white and the sparkle will catch your eye from across the room. There have been countless numbers of people come up to my mom when we are out to eat or shopping, just to compliment her on the ring.
30.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Wow,

You are right that e-ring has an amazing setting. What amazing pieces to have in the family
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
That center stone is to die for! I would''ve tried to make a run for it in my hand, too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results