shape
carat
color
clarity

my graduation present - heirloom aqua ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
My wonderful parents gave me this family heirloom aquamarine ring for my graduation! I don't have any details, or a cert, but my grandmother bought it long ago from a very reputable jeweler. It really is a lady of the night. There are hints of green in the photos I think, but I can't see them in real life at all. There are gorgeous flashes from the large facets. There is a tilt window but only in certain directions, not obvious IRL.
Can you tell I love it?!?!?!?

It's set in platinum with 6 teeny diamonds, three on each side.

***disclaimer!! My camera is kaput! I had to use an old 3MP one, and my photo skills are non existant! Apologies!!!***

Throwing a little colour...
aquagradpres4.jpg

profile:
aquagradpres5.jpg

side profile:
aquagradpres6.jpg

and, because it is really a cocktail ring...an action shot
2.gif

aquagradpres1.jpg

hand shot (ETA weird, it looks almost purple in this one! Not like that IRL!)

aquagradpres2.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous!!

I love the detail on the side of the shank - they look like petals holding up the stone
30.gif

How lovely that you have such a sentimental piece to celebrate with
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Congratulations on graduation!!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your graduation, and what a wonderful heirloom!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what better than a family heirloom for your graduation gift! It is gorgeous! We need more pics!!!!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
It''s GORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How special and gorgeous! Congratulations on your graduation and heirloom ring.
36.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congradulations on graduating! Your gift is lovely!
30.gif

-A

SB621

Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous ring!!!!!!! Your grandmother had wonderful taste obviously!!! You are so lucky! congrats on your graduation!

Lady Diana, Princess of wales had something extremely similar that I hope to dublicate one day- also Aquamarines.

Aquabracelet61121v2.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I love both the color and the side detail.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It is a real beauty.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just LOVE the side profile on that ring. Congrats on your graduation and a wonderful old ring! TFS
9.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your graduation. What a wonderful heirloom to celebrate your achievement. It is truly beautiful. I hope you wear it in good health.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your graduation, what a gorgeous aqua ring, wear it in good health.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations (on getting the ring
9.gif
)! That really is a wonderful piece, so sophisticated. Love the details on the sides.

P. S. Question - are your hands really small, or this really is one honker of a stone?!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Porridge, that side profile is STUNNING!!! Very sophisticated, as ma re pointed out
1.gif

Congratulations on your fabulous achievement
36.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
WOW what a beautiful ring!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
What a stunning ring! Congrats!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the lovely compliments everyone! I am just thrilled with the ring, I am one lucky girl. (Pretty happy about graduating too
3.gif
)

Cushioncutnut I will put up more pics next week, when my photog buddy comes back into town. Without giving too much away, I bought myself a little birthday present too which should be landing on my doorstep in about a week...so I promise a proper photo shoot then!! Watch this space...

Sarahbear I never saw that before, it''s beautiful! She had some amazing pieces, so classy. Now, of course, you have me hankering after the matching bracelet!! Maybe I should go back to college...

Ma re it''s a honker. For reference my ring finger is about 5.75. I measure the aqua at roughly 16mm x 6mm. Thanks
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing: it doesn’t get better than to receive a beautiful heirloom ring on a very special occasion. In time, you’ll get used to the size.
9.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
That''s quite the rock.

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
I freaking LOVE that!!! Been looking around for something similar myself, it''s my birthstone.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
DROOL!!!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone and ring. Two beautiful aquas in one night, what are the chances

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your graduation and what a beautiful gift!
36.gif
I love the cocktail ring in action shot!!
9.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh porridge, wow oh wow! What a lovely gift, what a beautiful color and what a great size! I REALLY like the size. It''s a statement piece for sure. Congratulations sweetie. That''s a great gift to celebrate your accomplishment.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Thnks a million everyone!

I think I will get used to the size. I''m trying to decide whether to leave it as a middle finger ring, or have it resized to I can wear it on my ring finger. I''m leaning towards leaving it as is, I think the larger finger carries the weight better and shows it off a bit more. It''s definitely going to see me through the party season!
9.gif

I can''t wait to get some better shots of it! I might have a little cocktail session...yanno, for some authentic action shots. Just for you guys
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for the middle finger because it just fits; plus you don’t have to do anything else to it.
2.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 8:15:47 AM
Author: Chrono
I vote for the middle finger because it just fits; plus you don’t have to do anything else to it.
2.gif
Yeah that''s what I''m thinking. Done then! Just wear, and enjoy
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results