shape
carat
color
clarity

My Going Away present

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
I got this one for our twentieth anniversary present. I call it the "Going away present - I just didn''t know I was going away at the time! Easy for me to laugh about it now. Time heals all wounds. I still like it however. It is a G, 1.03, SI1.

IMG_0035.JPG

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
side view

IMG_0040_edited.JPG

oneswede

Rough_Rock
Sorry to hear that. The ring is beautiful. I especially like the side view, its so unusual. May I ask... Do you wear it often and if so does the bezel hold up well being thin like that? I have a sapphire that would look great set like that.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
If you mean "going away"...as in not celebrating a 21st anniversary...then I say...YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!! All "departures" should require sparkly parting gifts! I like the simplicity of your ring. Elegant and two tone most versatile.

I am making lite of your situation, not to be hurtful, but to laugh with you...as you said you are doing now. I hope when you look at it there are some nice thoughts...or at least some to come. There has to be something in 20 years that was good, so I hope you can get to that happy place and think of those things!

If not, remount that baby...and get a totally new look...just like a new DO...!!! What are your plans for your next 20 year? Do share.

DKS

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
Oh, it has been awhile, so the hurt has subsided - and yes! I did get lots out of that marriage - 3 fabulous children (all nicely grown up now). And the lessons I learned of course allowed me to make a great choice this time - I am marrying the best man on the planet. He has stuck with me through thick and thin over the last 10 years and that made it easy to say YES! when he asked.

To answer the question about it''s durability. I have actually worn this ring everyday for the past 12 years on my right hand, and except for the fact that yellow gold seems to go dull really fast, I have had no problems with it at all. I give it a shine every now and then and it looks like new. In fact I have probably been rougher on it because all the edges are protected. It is a remake - the original that I got for the anniversary present was a four prong setting, dainty - but afterward I wanted to wear the ring all the time and I needed to turn it into something that was "mine", so I had it reset.

Cay

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you!!! You did remake the ring to suit your own style!!

I''m happy that you did get some good things out of that 20 year marriage.
9.gif

Yeah I meant the three kids!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
BlackIsland, that is a very cool ring. I love the setting you chose to make it your own.

Your tag line cracked me up -- DH refers to me as his little magpie since I am so drawn to shiny things!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Stone Hunter, good for you! I think it is important to treat yourself once in awhile. Sorry to hear about your marriage but it sounds like everything worked out for the best.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a very neat ring, but I love your Tacori more!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great ring...Love that setting and the diamond is gorgeous! I'm glad you can see it for what it is--a beautiful piece of jewelry to be admired no matter what. Just that shows an enormous amount of character, good for you!!!
36.gif
35.gif
Now off to find this Tacori diamondseeker has mentioned!!

ETA: Duh! Obviously the Tacori is the ring in your avatar and I just skimmed through that thread again...it's GORGEOUS! You lucky gal!
30.gif

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I know I have been very fortunate over the years. The best part about having two rings is that I have two daughters. They are both so funny. They sit on either side of me, tugging at my fingers to get my rings off. I have to keep reminding them "I''m not dead yet, take a hike!" One is 27 and the other 29 and neither of them is anywhere close to gettting married, so rings are not front and center in their minds. Except these ones of course! My son doesn''t get what all the fuss is about, but he has not seen my new ring in person yet. All of our children (he has two as well) are pretty excited about the upcoming marriage, as my mantra for 12 years was "never again!" and now it seems like "never" has arrived. Life has a funny way of working out for the best.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! I''m glad to hear you are happy now.

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
one more - I like this particular shot

on the table.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results