shape
carat
color
clarity

My Girlfriend already knows I have the ring and is expecting it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marken99

Rough_Rock
I am in a very tough situation. My girlfriend knows that I have gotten her ring and is just waiting for me to give it to her. She seems happy with the fact of me proposing, but is down by the fact that nothing is going to be romantic because she knows she is getting it. What can I do?

gemfire

Rough_Rock
Looks like we're both in the same boat. My girlfriend is expecting me to pop the question anytime soon. I guess the best strategy is to distract both our girlfriends from the topic. Haha... Any ideas? I am open to suggestions myself.
rolleyes.gif

NY SPARKLE

Rough_Rock
WELL WHAT I WOULD DO IS TO SET A SPECIAL DATE FOR THE 2 OF YOU. TELL HER TO DRESS NICE AND ALL THAT. SHE WILL EXPECT IT ON YOUR SPECIAL "DATE". BEFORE THIS SPECIAL DATE---POSSIBLY A WEEK OR 2 BEFORE PLAN TO DO SOMETHING YOU USUALLY DO, BUT KICK IT UP A NOTCH AND PROPOSE. SHE WON'T BE EXPECTING IT THEN, BECAUSE SHE'LL BE EXPECTING IT ON YOUR DATE.
naughty.gif

gemfire

Rough_Rock
That's sneaky... I love it!
9.gif

I'm still thinking of Plan B just in case something crops up before the big date. Both our schedules are tight so it's not unusual for something to crop up. Takes more effort I guess.
2.gif

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Speaking from recent experience, the surprise early proposal is a fabulous idea. I also knew my fiance had my ring and was dying for him to put it on my finger. He asked me to go to a Cancer benefit with him on September 6th at a Country Club and I was SURE this was it because that's not his sort of thing. Well on August 2nd he popped the question on a Saturday night while I was sitting on the couch watching TV. It was priceless, unexpected and wonderful.

BTW the Cancer benefit story was legit and we'll be going there in a few weeks
1.gif

gemfire

Rough_Rock
marriahlyn,

I need your advice. I am just about to place the order for the ring, but face a hurdle. I am trying to size the ring for my girlfriend without her knowing it. I found two rings that belong to her, but both rings are of slightly different sizes. Should I use the smaller of the two, or the larger?

Have fun at the Cancer benefit. I am happy for you.

Thanks...
tongue.gif

gemfire

aqua_aqua

Rough_Rock
Hi, Marken! And Gemfire!

Do you still think about the proposal plan?
Well, I have a suggestion for you. I am a girl and I am also who dream about getting proposed one day so hope it helps you
2.gif

Well, I don't know your situation, but put your engagement ring on her finger while she is sleeping. If you don't live with her, don't let you guys to stay in a nice hotel. (Because she will expect getting engaged or so) Just let her stay at your house. Then, next morning, you should propose her in bed or when she realises the ring.

To Gemfire,

As for the ring size, you should give her bigger size because she can fix the size. I guess.

Aqua
wavey.gif

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Hello-
I'm no help with the sizing thing, he just asked me what size a couple months ago. Besides my pinkie fingers, my left ring finger is the smallest finger so I'd say go for the smaller of the 2 rings.

NewbieHere

Rough_Rock
Regarding which ring size to use, I say go with the LARGER size. You can always have the ring resized and you want her to be able to wear it right away - it would be so so sad if it was too small to fit on her ring finger - go to the jewelers or Claire's or Icing and buy some ring snuggies - they help adjust about 1/2 a size. My 2 cents!

dbretton

Rough_Rock
I am in a very tough situation. My girlfriend knows that I have gotten her ring and is just waiting for me to give it to her. She seems happy with the fact of me proposing, but is down by the fact that nothing is going to be romantic because she knows she is getting it. What can I do?

Surprise her. Keep her off-guard and propose at a time when she would not expect it.

My fiance(e?) knew she was getting the ring (she helped me with the ring design). However, I kept her out of the remainder of the ring construction/acquisition process.

I ran lots of scenarios through my mind, but I realized that if I did anything fancy or with a great build-up, she would see "it" coming. I decided that I needed find a location that would be picturesque and surprise her.

The day before I proposed, I threw up a smokescreen. I acted very distant and aloof when I was around her to make her believe that I was upset with her for some reason I did not wish to reveal. This kept her off-guard for the entire day.

The next day I acted my normal self, and we went hiking up a mountain. At the top we relaxed, cooled off and had some lunch. It was then that I proposed. She hadn't the slightest idea that it was coming. She was shocked. So shocked, in fact, that I had to ask her twice before she replied.

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
I, too, knew it was coming. We went camping and the next day was our 6 mo. anniversary so I was sure he'd propose then. But, he couldn't wait and said he had something for me and went to the car while I sat and got nervous. Then he gave me a book of love poems. I acted happy, but I was disappointed as I was expecting a proposal. I read a few poems and then noticed he was really nervous. That's when he proposed.. "Do you love me as much as I love you? Yes? Then this is for you." and he pulls out the box with the ring in it. We were both crying by this point. Then we oohed and aaahed over the ring by the light of the flashlight.
Basically, what I'm trying to say is, even if she's expecting it - you can make it special and unexpected. Just make sure you put effort into it - NOT in the bedroom. IMO.

Imagine

Rough_Rock
That really sounds like me! I knew my bf (now fiance) was buying it. I knew that he got it (because I opened the door when it was delivered. I was expecting it, but he did make it romantic. He took me on a picnic last Saturday evening, complete with wine and sandwiches that he made. I wasn't certain that he was going to ask me, and by the end of the meal I was certain he wasn't...but he did and it was beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results