shape
carat
color
clarity

My (funny) proposal story & pics from the weekend

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My proposal story might just be the most embarrassing one here. Oh boy, here goes. So, we get to San Francisco, head to dinner, then go to the hotel to relax a bit before going out on the town. We were just lying in bed and cuddling. The (battery) tealights were a hit, it was a romantic moment. I was still thinking about when I was going to propose to her when all of a sudden I got nervous. Just from thinking about it! Then my heart started pounding like it was going to fall out of my chest. The problem with that is that we were cuddling, so she could feel it pounding. And it was so loud she could HEAR IT! She asked me if I was OK, so I tried to downplay it. She said something like "if you''re not feeling well, we can stay in tonight". Which then led to me laughing like a loon. I couldn''t stop laughing. I couldn''t make my heart slow down. This is the best (aka most ridiculous part), she asked me if I had "taken something" (implying DRUGS-- which I absolutely NEVER do). I knew then that I just had to do it or she''d think I was a total lunatic. Luckily the mood was romantic and she wasn''t too alarmed nor annoyed yet. So, I told her I loved her for the 50th time that hour and just asked her if she''d marry me. She probably only hesitated for 2 seconds, but it felt like 2 days. Luckily, she said yes. She was completely surprised. She said that right before I asked her she thought maybe that''s what was going on, but prior to that she had NO CLUE. She didn''t know I had a ring nor any plans of this sort whatsoever. Neither of us cried, we were just happy. Then we went out to celebrate. The ring is too big, so it will need sizing beads. That makes me so sad since I deliberately took her to Tiffany & Co to get her sized properly since the ring won''t be sizable. (btw, she totally bought the story I made up about why we need to get her sized-- I said my best friend, who makes jewelry, wants to make us rings)

I''ll post a handshot in a sec, but it''s blurry. It''s a platinum diamond scattered band w/ our birthstones hidden inside from BGD. She loves it! (phew)

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
alright, apparently I can''t upload photos today. I''ve renamed it something totally random and it''s tiny and it''s still giving me an error.

peonies

Rough_Rock
congratulations! san francisco is my hometown so I am glad you got the chance to enjoy it, it''s a very romantic city!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
That''s such a cute story! I bet it made her feel even more special because you were so nervous. You obviously wanted it to be perfect and I''m sure she could tell that. Congrats again!

I can''t wait to see pics
31.gif

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
congrats again... can''t wait to see the pictures!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
photo seems to be a recurring problem today for folks

Congrats!!!!! That''s a funny story, and not embarrassing at all if you ask me (although REALLY funny that you were laughing so hard she thought you took something) HAHA

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to share the pics, but either PS is broken right now, or my computer hates PS. My pics should post, they are named ridiculous things that no one else could have and they are teeny tiny. So I guess I''ll just keep trying.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Aw I think it''s a very sweet proposal. That''s too bad about the ring being too big.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Hon, i cant wait to see pictures. Also, super sorry about the ring......but i guess some people who say at least it isnt too small

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww that''s such a cute story HNL
9.gif

CushionNovice

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Awwww...such a sweet proposal story! It is funny, but in a very cute way. Not embarrassing at all.
36.gif
36.gif
[:appl Congratulations!

babycush

Shiny_Rock
Trade
That story is totally adorable. Bravo! So happy for you.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! Congrats on making it through the proposal (even if you needed a little something to get you through
31.gif
)!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww...that is a great proposal story! Congrats!
36.gif

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, cute story! That totally sounds like something that would happen to me. Congrats again, and I can''t wait to see some pictures!

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Such a cute story! And I hope your photos agree to post sometime soon!

So happy for you that you did it, and of course that she said yes!
36.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, HNL!!! So excited for you!!! Such a sweet story, and one that you will enjoy telling for the rest of your lives, I''m sure.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!! What a cute story!!!!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Love the proposal story! Very sweet.

Congats and looking forward to pics.

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Thats so sweet!! Congrats

Bellafelis

Rough_Rock
Aww, what a sweet story! Congratulations!
36.gif

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Very cute story! I''m so happy for you both! See you in BWW?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results